<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?PG_ID=1&AT_ID=8432&PROD_SUB_ID=26&PROD_ID=-1#win2k

Full Capacity of EIDE Drives Larger than 137GB (128GB binary) Not Recognized in Windows 2000/XP.

48-bit LBA (Logical Block Addressing) support is necessary for drives larger than 137GB (128GB binary). The following conditions are necessary for the correct functioning of 48-bit LBA support in Windows 2000/XP:

* Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) must be installed for Windows XP versions prior to August 2002. For information about SP1, see Microsoft Article 322389 .

* The system must have a 48-bit LBA-compatible Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) installed. This includes EIDE controller card BIOSs.

* You must enable the support in the Windows registry.

The Microsoft Knowledge Base articles listed below provide important information about 48-bit LBA support for drives larger than 137GB in Windows. For full details, carefully review the relevant article.

48-bit LBA Support for ATAPI Disk Drives in Windows 2000.

How to Enable 48-bit Logical Block Addressing Support for ATAPI Disk Drives in Windows XP.

Note: The above articles reference making necessary registry changes. It is strongly advised that you contact Microsoft directly for assistance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that lower 48 is enabled on their computers.

go to that link and read the instuctions and do

what it tells you to do.

my bad: also, go to support at samsungs website and

enter all the info to see if they have a special driver

for the HD. like i said, western digital has some software

to format the HD's above 160GB which leaves some special code for

windows to be able to recognize such a large drive.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Damn it Casek it didnt work...it gave me no option to get into the Recovery console. I had to reinstall the C: drive....now I have to download all the drivers over again...maybe it will fix the problem....dooop

damn. i was waiting around to see if you'd come back.

sucks that it didn't go well. a reinstall is always ok, though.

in my opinion, a clean OS is a working OS.

just make absolutely sure that all of your drivers, anti-spyware, antivirus,

firewall, etc are installed before you go about getting any virtualdj or whatever going.

seffiks and i probably need to do a rundown of what to have (freeware stylee)

ready for a clean install. there are things we agree on, and things we differ on.

all work well, though.

keep us updated. jeez, now i have to go do important shit instead of arguing with seeking about illegals. that was a pretty good discussion for awhile.

and don't forget

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

Guest R@ndomH3ro

ringtone maker -demonoid gots it.

Casek of Mainter, got a copy of Avast....I need it without to much internet download time...I got my computer working but no antivirus!!! :shook:

need a downloader better then azerus...hello read!

Thanks

give bitcomet a try. i've got alot going on.

sorry. that's why i kept editing. i was scanning through

the responses/questions.

don't forget to grab peerguardian and update it.

also, if you want a little more security, go to

bluetack.co.uk and register so you can use their lists, too.

oorah!

so I just got this new computer.. it has a hundred gig hd which it likes to think is only 30 gigs.. I ran partition magic, and it still only thinks its 30 gigs.. but I know its 30 gigs.. any suggestions...

My buddy just got a RAZR phone from Cingular and wants to know if you can get MP3 ringtones without paying for em, I know you can, I just cant figure out how.

Google was of no help.

Anyone know?

one of the easiest ways is record a voice record attachment tot a text msg and send it to yourself... then you can store the attachment and/or apply as ringtone.. seems obvious, but i guess it isnt.. it works pretty well for me...

im pretty much giving up on this 250 gb hd, which sucks cuz im running out of room and mine and have work to do and downloads in progress... i tried to update bios but the connection kept timing out when i tried to dl the update..

hmm, any other sources? you could paste the link to the update here and one of us could try and download then reup to rapidshare or something.