<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no its not vista that has the problem its working just fine it was xp and bitdefender that were the lethal combo i fixed it though (it was a group of things that were causing it to fuck up bitdefender does not like to play nice with windows firewall,lavasoft adaware and windows defender

i know of something, and since i am trying to push my ideas on people today (it's national casek day, btw. gimme $5...that's the spirit of me taking)

here's portable GAIM. the gay aim psycho clone emo word processing slicing dicing chopping raping cutting verison of aim

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/gaim_portable

this app promises to replace your god, molest your sister, and cook you hamburgers on a grill that doesn't belong to you.

Actually I tried to repair the connection. It says it's connected, but won't let me get on any sites. When I try to repair the wifi it says.

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action connot be completed:

For assistance contact the person who manages your network"

I think you're wrong. Here is why.

My connection at my house works fine. I'm not using wifi there. But the 3 places I've been and tried to connect via wi-fi it doesn't work. That's 3 different providers.

Maybe casek will know something.

Edit: This is Eastbay.

Try Settings/Network Connections/Wireless Network Connection/Properties/Internet Connection/then check to see if it assigns the DNS server address automatically. It should, but some wifi cards are weird and will mess with this.

If it's not configured to do that, make it so.

If you are running XP SP2 Go to Start / Run / and open=cmd /OK. Type in "netsh winsock reset" (no quotes) press enter. Restart your computer. Still no joy? Go to Start /run /open=msconfig /OK. Click on Boot.ini. click "safe boot. Click Network next to safe boot. click OK and click restart computer. Once in Safe Mode click on your account and check your ability to surf. If you can surf then something that has been starting with your PC is blocking you off the Internet. The usual suspects for this are Norton, McAfee, and Spysweeeper. If still not able to surf? Go to Start/ Control Panel/ System/ Hardware/ Device Manger. Expand Network Adapters. Right click on the NIC and click uninstall. Exit the Device Manager and go to Start /Run / open=msconfig /OK. On the general tab click normal startup /OK. restart computer. Once your back into your account check your ability to surf. No? Check Network connections for the local area connection and see if it's connected(or present, if not present check the Device Manger to make sure it re-installed at boot up) If your still getting a 169 or 0 ip I'd replace the NIC