<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so, im running a live ppc version of ubuntu. they finally got a "whatever u call it" to run on the high resoultion apple powerbooks. it's pretty good. some bugs, like no sound, the trackpad doesn't quite work (slowww as hell, even if u change the settings), and no airport (wireless). other than that, it's pretty good. i have no idea about coding for linux or any of those shinnanagans...but it is quite cool.

IntelliPoint 5.5 Mouse Software for Windows

Brief Description

IntelliPoint software enables you to customize the unique features of your Microsoft® mouse. You can reassign mouse buttons to perform commands, shortcuts, and application-specific functions. You can also modify mouse settings, such as pointer speed and updated horizontal scrolling.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

buy a real version of windows not hacked there are many things you can get from windows if you buy a legal copy

lots more questions here. i'm about to shell out some dollars and have a few points of confusion, so i'm thinking this weekend isn't going to be the one. first, i'm going to buy a mobo with a raid controller for the option, but is it worth it to buy another hard disk as well, and if so what kind, sata 3.0 any good, or should i buy a graphics card with lots of memory so i can play videogames, which would be cool? also there are so many ram's out there, i'm taking y'alls advice and going amd, so that rules out DDR2, what is dual channel, and what is un-whatevered, and are these things important? also are there any pc build tutorials, because it's been awhile? are all the connectors included generally with the case, and mobo, or is there some stuff i'm going to have to buy. i'm thinking this thermal paste shit is going to be necessary for the processor, but what else has changed from ten years ago, is there anything else you can see me getting in trouble with, i'm liking those fast liquid cooled processors, are they worth the trouble?

Originally posted by 23578@Mar 25 2006, 10:41 PM

lots more questions here. i'm about to shell out some dollars and have a few points of confusion, so i'm thinking this weekend isn't going to be the one. first, i'm going to buy a mobo with a raid controller for the option, but is it worth it to buy another hard disk as well, and if so what kind, sata 3.0 any good, or should i buy a graphics card with lots of memory so i can play videogames, which would be cool? also there are so many ram's out there, i'm taking y'alls advice and going amd, so that rules out DDR2, what is dual channel, and what is un-whatevered, and are these things important? also are there any pc build tutorials, because it's been awhile? are all the connectors included generally with the case, and mobo, or is there some stuff i'm going to have to buy. i'm thinking this thermal paste shit is going to be necessary for the processor, but what else has changed from ten years ago, is there anything else you can see me getting in trouble with, i'm liking those fast liquid cooled processors, are they worth the trouble?

ok ok wait, hold yer horses

what are you really planning on doing with this computer is the first thing

Originally posted by Mainter@Mar 25 2006, 11:11 PM

well?

yeah, i don't really know. i was thinking play a few games, web surfing, nothing really intense. i don't think liquid cooled is the way to go anymore but i'm ready to build something for about 1300 right now, keeping my old monitor. and i have lots of time right now to f around with this.