<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

its all up to you of what you want on this thread so post your questions and suggestions

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo what's the best way to backup a large amount of shit to DVD-R? I usually do it manually in Nero, but I know theres a way to just specify which folders I want backed up and for a program to just burn backups with the only involvement needed from me being inserting another disc.

Originally posted by SpyD@Mar 19 2006, 12:22 AM

yo what's the best way to backup a large amount of shit to DVD-R? I usually do it manually in Nero, but I know theres a way to just specify which folders I want backed up and for a program to just burn backups with the only involvement needed from me being inserting another disc.

what you mean do you want to take a snapshot of your hard drive so you can restore your computer from a cd/dvd?

Originally posted by Mainter+Mar 18 2006, 11:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Mar 18 2006, 11:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SpyD@Mar 19 2006, 12:22 AM

what you mean do you want to take a snapshot of your hard drive so you can restore your computer from a cd/dvd?

[/b]

No. I wanna backup some pretty large folders, but not do it manually. Have the program split whatever is in the folders at 4.7GB and just continue on another disc without me having to do it manually.

Software installation disabled

In Firefox 1.0.x the option to allow web sites to install software is found under "Tools -> Options -> Web Features -> Allow web sites to install software". Starting in Firefox 1.5 the option has been removed from the user interface (UI). The software installation option must be enabled to allow installation of themes, extensions and certain plugins that use the XPInstall method.

If you click a web site's "Install" link and you see a message bar that says "Software installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options... to enable it and try again.",

* Firefox 1.0.x: Click the "Edit Options" button to open the Web Features preferences panel, place a checkmark in front of "Allow web sites to install software" and try again.

* Firefox 1.5: If you previously disabled this option and then updated to Firefox 1.5, the disabled setting will be carried over. Since the option to enable software installation no longer exists in the UI, you will need to use about:config to reset the "xpinstall.enabled" preference to the default "true" value (bug 310737). These step-by-step instructions should fix the problem:

1. Type about:config in the Location Bar and hit enter.

2. Type xpi in the Filter box and find xpinstall.enabled in the list.

3. Make sure its value is set to "true" (double-click will toggle).

(Some users may have disabled the software installation option based on security issues which have since been resolved [1]. To reassure, software cannot be automatically installed without first being granted permission via the "OK, Cancel" installation dialog, which has a two-second delay before you can select "OK".)

yes, lord casek, the microsoft usb drives. allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. i'm now at three and counting, and i've told a few people about it too, maybe we can hurt them for all the pain they've caused us over the years.

my question today is this: Firefox often won't direct me to a website on the first try, the try again screen comes up and i have to click it to try again, it's not fun. i've changed alot of software lately and recently upgraded firefox as well so I'm not sure what the cause is, does anyone have any ideas for me, reinstall Firefox?

and pertaining to the ongoing hypothetical discussion here, I got one for you to chew on, you guys remember Moore's Law, that engineers and scientists double processing power for the pc every 18 months supposedly valid for the past thirty years and ten more years to come, how come there has been such a slowdown in processing speed lately. it's only about 10 times or less than what it was 7 years ago. do you think it's deliberate on the behalf of the coorporation?

Originally posted by 23578@Mar 19 2006, 04:34 PM

yes, lord casek, the microsoft usb drives. allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. i'm now at three and counting, and i've told a few people about it too, maybe we can hurt them for all the pain they've caused us over the years.

my question today is this: Firefox often won't direct me to a website on the first try, the try again screen comes up and i have to click it to try again, it's not fun. i've changed alot of software lately and recently upgraded firefox as well so I'm not sure what the cause is, does anyone have any ideas for me, reinstall Firefox?

and pertaining to the ongoing hypothetical discussion here, I got one for you to chew on, you guys remember Moore's Law, that engineers and scientists double processing power for the pc every 18 months supposedly valid for the past thirty years and ten more years to come, how come there has been such a slowdown in processing speed lately. it's only about 10 times or less than what it was 7 years ago. do you think it's deliberate on the behalf of the coorporation?

reinstall firefox

yeah the moores law

there is not a slow down a processor speed its becoming a total different technology they are developing nano there are processors the size of a pin top that will run 10x better then whats out right now other technolgy has to catch up thats what holding things back

It's your music. Do what you want with it. Do it for free.

There are many good reasons that someone would have to transfer music from her iPod back to her computer. There are many good ways to do it, too. Senuti is the only alternative that will give you the power and convenience that you need, wrapped in an interface that is extremely easy to use, at a cost that you can't complain about.

iTunesDB

Lightning fast.

There's a little file on your iPod called the iTunesDB file. What does that mean to you? Nothing. What does that mean to me? Everything.

Every bit of information on every song on your iPod is stored in this little file. Every bit of information on your playlists is stored in this file, too. It's how iTunes knows what's on your iPod. It's how your iPod knows what's there, too. There isn't a much faster way to figure out what's on your iPod.

Finding Songs.

PlaySenuti includes all of the built in options that one would expect to find songs. You can search and sort in any combination of ways that you want. That's not quite enough sometimes, though. Sometimes you might want to know if you're copying the right song. Know how it goes, but don't know if that title is quite right? Play it! That's right, Senuti will play songs directly off of your iPod. It can even double as a jukebox player for your Shuffle or any other iPod.

Playlist

Playlists.

Senuti not only reads the playlists that you made on your iPod, but it allows you to transfer them back to your computer as well. A simple drag and drop action within the application will not only copy songs to your computer and and add them to iTunes, but it will make a new playlist with the same name and add all of the songs to that list.

Seamless Integration.

Adding songs to your computer, you're probably going to add them to iTunes right after that, right? What if you didn't have to, wouldn't that be great? Well you don't have to. Senuti will do all of the work for you. What work you want it to do is up to you. You can have songs added to iTunes if you want. You can have all of your music organized into folders by artist and album, too. The option's yours.

like what you see?

go here & d/l it

http://wbyoung.ambitiouslemon.com/senuti/

Originally posted by Mainter Digerati+Mar 19 2006, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter Digerati - Mar 19 2006, 08:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lord_casek@Mar 19 2006, 07:06 PM

mainter: your ftp sucks.

its not mu ftp its my isp thats fuckin me over

give me some money and i will buy some space

[/b]

spyd said he would give you money

Originally posted by lord_casek+Mar 19 2006, 07:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lord_casek - Mar 19 2006, 07:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mainter Digerati@Mar 19 2006, 08:14 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-lord_casek@Mar 19 2006, 07:06 PM

mainter: your ftp sucks.

its not mu ftp its my isp thats fuckin me over

give me some money and i will buy some space

spyd said he would give you money

[/b]

im still waiting for my paypal account to become 5 dollars richer from that fucker that wanted the antivirus

did you get yers casek?

nope.

prolly a mexican.

p.s.: if i go to saudi arabia and impregnate as many arab women wtih semi-white casek babies, do you think that will end the violence or just make for alot of dead arabic women and dead oreo babies?

'cause either way, i'ma get me some arab poon./