<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

So I just got a new Dell XPS which is the worst purchase I've ever made - its like getting a girl friend that only wants to have sex once a month and stops you from doing the things you've always done just because. But one issue I think this thread will help me over come is the new "piracy" settings on pretty much any main stream media player.

1) Is there a way I can switch off the protections now embedded in Media Player or iTunes?

2) Is there a player that does not come with such protections I could get?

Guest imported_Tesseract

Question for macheads.

Whats the best freeware shit for a complete dvd ripping proceedure on OSX?

On pc i use, dvd decrypter/nero recode and the whole thing takes 1,5 hour tops. While on a brand new powerbook using diva and osex it took 3 hours...this cant be the best out there.

Originally posted by KING BLING@Mar 15 2006, 04:13 AM

So I just got a new Dell XPS which is the worst purchase I've ever made - its like getting a girl friend that only wants to have sex once a month and stops you from doing the things you've always done just because. But one issue I think this thread will help me over come is the new "piracy" settings on pretty much any main stream media player.

1) Is there a way I can switch off the protections now embedded in Media Player or iTunes?

2) Is there a player that does not come with such protections I could get?

1_ get back to you yes there is a way

2 get songbird - http://www.songbirdnest.com/

TOKYO (AP) - Sony will put off the release of its much awaited PlayStation 3 console until November from its planned spring debut because of delays in finalizing its next-generation optical disc technology, the company said Wednesday.

they are putting new copyright protection on them

so people cannot burn them

they dont want people to load linux to the harddrive so they can save the game straight to the harddrive like they do on xbox now

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

its all up to you of what you want on this thread so post your questions and suggestions

koi_robot.jpg

Robotic carp swim in Hiroshima ponds

Scientists in Japan have developed a koi robot that swishes around in water just like the real, fishy thing, and does stuff real koi can't: swim in reverse and rotate in place. Robocarp was demonstrated in a pond on the grounds of the Hiroshima Machinery Works facility of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Also, it wants to eat you and your offspring. link

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Tesseract@Mar 15 2006, 10:30 AM

Question for macheads.

On pc i use, dvd decrypter/nero recode and the whole thing takes 1,5 hour tops. While on a brand new powerbook using diva and osex it took 3 hours...this cant be the best out there.

had to put it on the new page

Originally posted by Mainter@Mar 15 2006, 12:03 PM

hey that reminds for some reason did anyone signup for that free usb flash drive?

yeah... i did... said 6-8 weeks for delivery...

did you ignore my post askin for your myspace url on purpose or did you just not notice it?

* it didnt say how big it was though.. do you have any idea

/

Originally posted by johnny ballbags+Mar 15 2006, 12:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnny ballbags - Mar 15 2006, 12:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mainter@Mar 15 2006, 12:03 PM

hey that reminds for some reason did anyone signup for that free usb flash drive?

did you ignore my post askin for your myspace url on purpose or did you just not notice it?

/

[/b]

i ignored it

Originally posted by Mainter+Mar 15 2006, 12:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Mar 15 2006, 12:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by johnny ballbags@Mar 15 2006, 12:04 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Mainter@Mar 15 2006, 12:03 PM

/

i ignored it

[/b]

nice...

Originally posted by Tesseract@Mar 15 2006, 10:30 AM

Question for macheads.

I don't know shit about Macs, but I found this while Googling "dvd ripping OS X":

MacTheRipper:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22715

Roxio Popcorn:

http://www.burnworld.com/software/dvdburni...py-software.htm

Free DVD rippers (?):

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/divx-ripper-osx.html

Pirates beware. Microsoft has a new trick up its sleeve. Microsoft has tried various times to block pirates from downloading software and updates from them, but now they are integrating ways to block invalid keys into there software. Starting with Microsoft Defender Beta 2, formally Windows AntiSpyware, they include this protection. Upon installing invalid keys are prompted that their key is invalid and to install the software, you must, have a valid key. How long will this take to be cracked? Who knows? But is this the future of MSI (Windows Installer Files) files? Will all software based use this technology?

msfightsback.jpg

casek

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

FileZilla Server is a small easy to configure FTP server with lots of useful features and an simple interface. Servers are the backbone of the internet, without them, it simply wouldn't exist! Recently more and more people have been looking to run servers themselves, turning your home PC into a server so that people from all over the world can access it is both a rewarding but risky task... An FTP Server runs on a computer and allows other users ("clients") to connect to it and browse through directory trees and files, just like you would using Windows Explorer. FTP is like your web browser, but specialized for transferring files instead of web pages. FileZilla has a surprisingly large array of options for a free program, an intuitive interface which is obviously quite well thought through. We can honestly say that if you don't want to spend any money on your server software, FileZilla Server is the next best thing.

Charon is a multipurpose proxy program. It searches google for publically posted proxy lists, and incorporates an environmental checker to verify the anonymity / functionality of these.

Charon is by far one of the best free proxy checker/scanners out there and if you are looking for a proxy tool, we highly recommend it.

download