<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by lord_casek@Mar 19 2006, 07:19 PM

nope.

prolly a mexican.

p.s.: if i go to saudi arabia and impregnate as many arab women wtih semi-white casek babies, do you think that will end the violence or just make for alot of dead arabic women and dead oreo babies?

'cause either way, i'ma get me some arab poon./

I was about to comment how not funny stuff like that is but then remembered how upset you were last time around with seeking and thought

i should better cut you some slack but it looks like you're really craving for some shit. So please, chill out on the pointless racist crap, its not funny at all. You can talk mexican/greek/arab lame jokes all day long but it all boils down into that we've all seen you under pressure in here and it sounds like a good idea to be chill.

ok?

Guest imported_Tesseract

its not me being uptight man, its you not being funny. Racist bullshit doesnt sound better if you 'dont mean it'.

get serious.

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

its all up to you of what you want on this thread so post your questions and suggestions

back to the computer stuff

http://fosi.ural.net/

progz by russians.

(notice the 'ural' in the url)

Guest imported_Tesseract

You dont have to make an apology and you dont have to speculate i'm an uptight humourless motherfucker who cant take a joke cause, really, i aint. Problem at case? your remarks arent funny, thats all.

Originally posted by Tesseract@Mar 19 2006, 09:26 PM

You dont have to make an apology and you dont have to speculate i'm an uptight humourless motherfucker who cant take a joke cause, really, i aint. Problem at case? your remarks arent funny, thats all.

dude, i'm not saying i'm apologizing for saying it, i'm apologizing for

not being specific. i hate humans. doesn't matter what color, what religion, etc. i probably hate you. or could.

tesseract: i understand you are doing your job. seriously. but look in the other threads. myspace, etc. check them. there's tons of insults. are you fat? ugly? retarded? you should be just as offended that people are making jokes about those people as you are about me joking about mexicans. not once did i call a mexican a beaner, a spic, or any other word of hate related word. why? because THAT IS NOT COOL. not me jokingly saying something about a mexican. i never once said anything stereotyping mexicans. did i? no.

the end. either you get it, or you don't.

my burner is not workin and i have no idea why or how to troubleshoot....

i use roxio easy cd/dvd creator... it goes through all the motions and the disc looks likes its been written... i get no error messages or anything, but when i go to look at whats on the cd/dvd there is nothing there.. the pc sees it like its a blank....

what could be wrong? is it even worth tryin to fix or should i just say fuck it and get a new one?

Originally posted by johnny ballbags@Mar 19 2006, 10:00 PM

my burner is not workin and i have no idea why or how to troubleshoot....

i use roxio easy cd/dvd creator... it goes through all the motions and the disc looks likes its been written... i get no error messages or anything, but when i go to look at whats on the cd/dvd there is nothing there.. the pc sees it like its a blank....

what could be wrong? is it even worth tryin to fix or should i just say fuck it and get a new one?

did you try a firmware upgrade?

check manufacturers site for one.

CD Burning Tips

There are many issues that can cause a burn to go wrong, but there are also many things you can do to avoid some of the most common problems. Below are suggestions for helping you create a perfect disc every time.

Use high-quality, name brand discs. These discs are usually less flawed and have a higher success rate than no-name, cheaper discs.

Ensure that media (especially re-writable media) is clean and free of any scratches before attempting a burn. Frequent handling of discs can cause scratches and dirt to accumulate on the disc surface. Scratches and dust will cause a burn to fail.

Do not attempt to run a large number of applications during a burn. Depending on the speed and memory availability of your machine, running many applications can cause data to be lost during the burning process.

If you are having trouble playing Audio CDs burned with RealOne Player in your CD player, try lowering your Write Speed (in CD Burning Preferences) to help reduce buffer underrun issues. Even drives with buffer underrun protection do not stop buffer underruns from occurring but only avoid failure during a burn by linking information across small gaps on the disc. If too many buffer underruns occur, the disc may become unreadable to a standard CD player.

Purchase the proper discs for your drive; make sure the media is rated for your drive speed. Most lower speed drives do not write well to newer, high speed media even though the high speed media states it is also rated for lower speeds (such as 4x).

Store your discs appropriately. Do not store discs in a bright or hot environment. Heat and ultra-violet light, from direct sunlight or high-intensity florescent bulbs, are detrimental to the dye used in discs.

If your MP3 player cannot play files burned to disc properly, and the original source files in My Library are MP3, try converting them to RealAudio and then burning them to an MP3 CD.

Not all MP3 players can play multi-session CD’s. Please check your player’s specifications prior to making a multi-session disc. Finalizing (by unchecking "Create Multi-session disc." in the Options dialog) your disc should allow it to work in your player.

If some tracks will not fit on the CD, try re-ordering the list of tracks. Space on the disc is determined from the top of the added files list, down. Re-order tracks by dragging them into new orders or use the Edit menu to move tracks up or down in the list.

To burn the same CD multiple times, first create a playlist in My Library of the songs, and burn the disc from the playlist by clicking Copy To... (and selecting Burn CD) in the Command bar. After the burn has completed, burn the playlist again.

If you continually get errors while burning, and you are using quality media that is appropriate for your drive (see above) try reducing your write speed in Drive Options.

Is Windows Vista going to be Microsoft’s last OS?

As the Internet transforms the way people use computers, Microsoft Corp. founder Bill Gates has a message for the world’s biggest software maker: adapt or die.

In the four months since Gates put his company on notice, the maker of the Windows operating system and Office productivity suite has embarked on a restructuring no less significant than its adoption of the graphical, mouse-based user interface 20 years ago or its embrace of the Internet a decade later.

This time, Microsoft wants to diversify away from pre-packaged software and toward Web-based services that provide steadier, faster-growing income streams. In this vision, users would lease access to online software or use services in exchange for putting up with on-screen ads.