boston's sketch thread

QueaZyFunK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ykae brings up a good point, whats been bothering me about this whole thing is saftey....we all know out of the faces shown, how REALLY gets up...and i feel like puttin they're faces out there just made them tagets, fuckin vigilantes n shit, they dont know who got beef with who...and im not even speaing about graff. beef, that shit is second real beef comes 1st and best believe if something happens to one of them dudes, niggas is suing...shit they should sue for slander, and defimation of character, cause they are all tagerts now to the crazy weirdos that take shit too far....

those boston herald articles are very poorly researched articles that would never meet the standards of a legit newspaper (an article about 'judges' cracking down with only quotes and info from Officer O'Loughlin, without a single source/quote from a single judge, and refers to cases almost two years old to prove that judges are just starting to crack down 'now'). the fact that nancy o'loughlin and her co-worker are the only sources in almost 4 articles about graffiti (minus the go-to graffiti basher, the back bay lady) means that more than anything else, theyre at risk of losing whatever budget they had, especially in the midst of declining tax revenues, so they go out and create a crisis in cohoots with everyone's favorite neighborhood retard, the Boston Herald

ps theyre all "wanted" for these supposed crimes , nut niggas is innocent till proven guilty

Exactly, it is all alleged. Which is why their photos should never be posted.How often do you see alleged sex offenders with warrants out on the front page? Especially if from another state? The article was poorly written, and poorly researched. There is another article posted as of this morning, again of the "35" caught in the past 5 years, this article mentions 4 that did time. I don't want to post a link and put alleged names on blast, but you all know how to search stuff.

Richard Weir wrote the articles...it says he covers "T" related stories.

Richard Weir

Independent Writing and Editing Professional

Writing and Editing | Greater New York City Area

Current: City Hall reporter at Boston Herald Past: Staff Writer at New York Daily News, freelance writer at The New York Times Education: Columbia University - Graduate School of Journalism, Clark University

be71f5_wiert_06212010.jpg

"dotbostoneagle

? +29 Good Comment -4 Poor Comment

This is more than vandalism; it is a major security problem. How are these people able to gain access to the trains and then have enough time to deface them? Isn’t anyone worried that a terrorist might do something with more grave consequences? What happens if a bomb were attached to the train rather than spray paint? Where is the T security? When these trains are parked for the night, no one should have access. Nobody spray paints a plane at Logan, is the safety of the T riders less important?

Also, the T bridge over the Neponset River is tagged. If vandals have easy access to the bridge, who is protecting the T infrastructure from potential attack?"

damn, good idea yo

love this

I wrote this in the last article at the end of the day, but I think it is worth bumping to the beginning of this article:

its a shame that more of the commenters don't see this as a pretty shoddy attempt at inflating a crisis to get more tax dollars. If you look around in the streets, there is less new graffiti than ever. Nancy O'Loughlin took the reporter to a place that she and others have more or less tolerated as a graffiti-zone for more than 20 years, the [uneducated] reporter looks at and thinks to himself, "oh my goddd its out of control" when in reality he was probably looking at some stuff that was probably a couple of years old at least.

Also, anyone truly outraged by this should take a look at the ages of those wanted presently, and those arrested. Apart from the two out-of-towners which actually were arrested at the same time [aka, one case], all of them are in their early 20s. Compare that with some of the other high profile cases from a couple years ago where those arrested were in their late 20s and given relatively significant jail sentences. Considering that O'Loughlin et. al. are now going after those in their early 20s, I imagine that their careers [and damage] has nowhere near been as dramatic as those previously. And to hear her say, "O’Loughlin said she’s witnessing the most graffiti damage since the mid to late ’80s, referring to the era when graffiti “bombin’” hit Boston — about a decade after it turned the Big Apple’s subways into moving murals of brightly-colored bubble letters that symbolized 1970’s urban decay." Is just completely bogus. And is a shameful scare tactic to exact more money for the police budget. Just going through a LexisNexis search of boston graffiti, you can find comments on graffiti, each of which say, "this is the biggest ever"

In a 1999 article in the Boston Herald, referring to an arrest of three individuals, State Police Sgt. David Benoit said, ""These are the three biggest vandals, as a crew, that we have gotten together," he said. "I can think of very few others who have done so much damage." If they were so bad then, why wouldn't O'Loughlin refer to them rather than going all the way back to the 80s?

Nancy O'Loughlin, in 1994, ""I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty active summer between the painting and the violence associated with it."" (Didn't pan out, scare tactics on the eve of turning graffiti into a felony crime, punishable by up to three years in prison)In a 1993 Boston Herald article, O'Loughlin also said, ""One of these days," she says, "you're gonna find one of these kids dead with a can stuffed down his throat." [again, did not pan out]

And, the SHINING point that O'Loughlin and Kelley are full of BS is this quote, again from the May 29th, 1994 edition of the Boston Herald: "T officials estimate Bogart and other graffiti vandals cause several million dollars' worth of damage to the system each year."

OK - several million dollars a year back in 1994, 500,000 dollars a year today. AND TODAY IS THE MOST GRAFFITI SHE'S SEEN SINCE THE 1980s????

Needless to say, I am surprised that the writer of this article did not check his facts against those of previous articles written on the subject in this very same paper. Especially considering Nancy O'Loughlin's long time tendencies to fear-monger..

that article should have been about how the system is so fucked and nancy is so incompetent that a kid can be reporting to a po and still none of the cops can track him down to serve him but instead its a self congratulatory pat on the back

i guess that incompetence is better for us in the long run

• Like 1

It must kill that incompetent bitch to know that so many people will be crushing this city after her haggard ass is dead. I cant wait until she goes, I'll do a nice flared "CUNT" handstyle on her tombstone. She been at it a long time. Lot of us are just getting started. Pigs like her are a rare breed, but writers come by the bus-full.

love this

I wrote this in the last article at the end of the day, but I think it is worth bumping to the beginning of this article:

its a shame that more of the commenters don't see this as a pretty shoddy attempt at inflating a crisis to get more tax dollars. If you look around in the streets, there is less new graffiti than ever. Nancy O'Loughlin took the reporter to a place that she and others have more or less tolerated as a graffiti-zone for more than 20 years, the [uneducated] reporter looks at and thinks to himself, "oh my goddd its out of control" when in reality he was probably looking at some stuff that was probably a couple of years old at least.

Also, anyone truly outraged by this should take a look at the ages of those wanted presently, and those arrested. Apart from the two out-of-towners which actually were arrested at the same time [aka, one case], all of them are in their early 20s. Compare that with some of the other high profile cases from a couple years ago where those arrested were in their late 20s and given relatively significant jail sentences. Considering that O'Loughlin et. al. are now going after those in their early 20s, I imagine that their careers [and damage] has nowhere near been as dramatic as those previously. And to hear her say, "O’Loughlin said she’s witnessing the most graffiti damage since the mid to late ’80s, referring to the era when graffiti “bombin’” hit Boston — about a decade after it turned the Big Apple’s subways into moving murals of brightly-colored bubble letters that symbolized 1970’s urban decay." Is just completely bogus. And is a shameful scare tactic to exact more money for the police budget. Just going through a LexisNexis search of boston graffiti, you can find comments on graffiti, each of which say, "this is the biggest ever"

In a 1999 article in the Boston Herald, referring to an arrest of three individuals, State Police Sgt. David Benoit said, ""These are the three biggest vandals, as a crew, that we have gotten together," he said. "I can think of very few others who have done so much damage." If they were so bad then, why wouldn't O'Loughlin refer to them rather than going all the way back to the 80s?

Nancy O'Loughlin, in 1994, ""I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty active summer between the painting and the violence associated with it."" (Didn't pan out, scare tactics on the eve of turning graffiti into a felony crime, punishable by up to three years in prison)In a 1993 Boston Herald article, O'Loughlin also said, ""One of these days," she says, "you're gonna find one of these kids dead with a can stuffed down his throat." [again, did not pan out]

And, the SHINING point that O'Loughlin and Kelley are full of BS is this quote, again from the May 29th, 1994 edition of the Boston Herald: "T officials estimate Bogart and other graffiti vandals cause several million dollars' worth of damage to the system each year."

OK - several million dollars a year back in 1994, 500,000 dollars a year today. AND TODAY IS THE MOST GRAFFITI SHE'S SEEN SINCE THE 1980s????

Needless to say, I am surprised that the writer of this article did not check his facts against those of previous articles written on the subject in this very same paper. Especially considering Nancy O'Loughlin's long time tendencies to fear-monger..

i love the fact that so many people gave it the "thumbs down", despite there being hardly any opinions (except for calling nancy a fearmonger). people don't like anything that goes against their simple worldviews: COPS = GOOD, TAGGERS = BAD and there can never ever ever be any greys in between.