boston's sketch thread

QueaZyFunK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this ones been around alot longer, and is much better in my opinion...ive just posted some of the same thing from here in there to keep it alive, them dudes needa post up more

Yea everyone on the springfield thread was super excited 2 start a b book thread but then for some reason they called it tha mass b book thread instead of springfield and no one really posts pics. I see you on their and other dudes from outside tha field thats why I started checkin this thread. its hot

I can’t explain how happy I am to see Start’s pics posted on this site. The history of Boston graff would not be complete without mentioning him. He is without question one of the most influential writers in the history of our state and he rarely gets the credit that he deserves.

Start began writing at the end of the Elevated Orange Line era. Although he did get up on the Orange Line, most of his best pieces were done in the Mattapan / Dorchester / Roxbury area. At the time he was writing, most of the old Orange Line kings like Anomic, Wisdom, Sen 2 and Gene had already quit. Most of the crews that were still around were concentrating on bombing. Start played a big role in bringing back burners. The piece at the bottom of this pic really shows what Boston burners were about in the late 80’s….style, arrows, connections, insides (designs), colors and 3D’s. I remember seeing the actual piece under the Morton Street bridge. This is a good example of what people meant when they said they were going to do a piece in the mid 80's...and Start was one of the best at it.

Start’s influence on following generations can’t be overstated. I don’t even think he knows how many people were influenced by him or by people that learned from him. All the old school writers that were still around knew he was going to be the next cat to blow up. All of his peers learned by watching him. All of the younger heads wanted to be like him. He inspired a whole generation of new hungry writers from the Mattapan / Dorchester area. Anyone that has ever written the following crews next to their name was influenced by Start….SBK, BWS, KOAL, KBN. If you look at the work of anyone from those crews, you will see a heavy Start influence. They were influenced by his pieces, his tags, his characters, his dead letters….everything. Members of the crews mentioned above went on to have a huge influence on writing in the early to mid 90’s. Whether your talking about suburban crews like 5AV or urban crews like ALA, they all were influenced in some way by the crews mentioned above and all those crews were influenced by Start. The fact that more people don’t acknowledge his influence is a sin. Start is without question a legendary Boston writer and he deserves to get the respect that he earned. Peace to Start, Net, Crush, Charm, Mach, Empire, Cane, Siege and all the other cats from that generation. They earned their spot.

CLICK-ONE 3CB, TUB, AWOL CREW

80s-start-one-_4518141_n.jpg

.......oh shhh I'm past my bed time

that that black book is the best shit to be posted on here in a while, but why post that when you can see all the dope shit mindvapors post along with all the toys kickin mad knoweledge yo. as well as other writers getting upset and posting there shit over and over acting like there getting over on the internet. what a joke

Archived