DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

Since when you dumb bastard? Its always been about the effort. You can be the "dopest" writer in the world but if you don't paint, you mean nothing to the game. Dont paints more than all of you fools haiting on him, so get off the dick already.

some people just wont and will never understand... the way they paint is a certain aspect of graffiti that some people who are too ignorant to the game wont understand... open yo minds.

• Like 1

Since when you dumb bastard? Its always been about the effort. You can be the "dopest" writer in the world but if you don't paint, you mean nothing to the game. Dont paints more than all of you fools haiting on him, so get off the dick already.

Alright, i wasnt even gonna address this but I'm off my meds and am about ready to choke a motherfucker anyway. Mellow, my good man you better watch the name calling, you dont know me and we WILL eventually see each other cuz this scene is small as hell, so let your nuts cool off a little bit there big man. You're biting off more than you can chew. Fair warning.

That said, I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY in the case of the VTS cats. Yes effort is important, but it means precisely DICK if what you're putting up is total garbage. Effort and quality are not exclusive to one another. I respect what some of those cats USED to do (Esau is probably one of my biggest influences as far as graff in this city) but I'm never gonna just sit down and say "ok they paid their dues ten years ago so I'm gonna think that any mediocre piece of shit they put up now is dope". Doesnt work that way for me, and for some reason I'm the dickrider.

And on a sidenote how do you feel justified to open your mouth. What do you have running that's not in a yard somewhere or on a wack ass sticker downtown?

Alright then

Blow me

Alright, i wasnt even gonna address this but I'm off my meds and am about ready to choke a motherfucker anyway. Mellow, my good man you better watch the name calling, you dont know me and we WILL eventually see each other cuz this scene is small as hell, so let your nuts cool off a little bit there big man. You're biting off more than you can chew. Fair warning.

That said, I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY in the case of the VTS cats. Yes effort is important, but it means precisely DICK if what you're putting up is total garbage. Effort and quality are not exclusive to one another. I respect what some of those cats USED to do (Esau is probably one of my biggest influences as far as graff in this city) but I'm never gonna just sit down and say "ok they paid their dues ten years ago so I'm gonna think that any mediocre piece of shit they put up now is dope". Doesnt work that way for me, and for some reason I'm the dickrider.

And on a sidenote how do you feel justified to open your mouth. What do you have running that's not in a yard somewhere or on a wack ass sticker downtown?

Alright then

Blow me

THEIR graffiti is not the type to be displayed in a yard.... it is meant to be grimey, ugly, and for the sole fact to get up....it has nothing to do with the dues they paid..... they do what they do and they let it be known that they were in that part of the city... i dont paint that way, and will never paint that way.... im sure they are not out trying to find a "new and exclusive style thats in this season"... its not what they do or give a fuck about... and they dont give a shit about what you or anyone else thinks about their shitty fillins.

I'm all for a healthy and civilized debate and I've more than proven that on here and any of you heads who have met me in person can vouch. It's when people take opposing views personally and act like someone fucked their sister just because they disagree with the popular opinion, that shit is gay, 12 year old girls do that. Present me with a compelling argument, a point beyond "THOSE CATS GET UP, DO YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE?, THEY'RE UP MORE THAN YOU, SHUT UP" and I promise you I'll consider every aspect of it. I may still not agree but I dont dismiss intelligent arguments, even if I dont feel the same way.

Moving on.

THEIR graffiti is not the type to be displayed in a yard.... it is meant to be grimey, ugly, and for the sole fact to get up....it has nothing to do with the dues they paid..... they do what they do and they let it be known that they were in that part of the city... i dont paint that way, and will never paint that way.... im sure they are not out trying to find a "new and exclusive style thats in this season"... its not what they do or give a fuck about... and they dont give a shit about what you or anyone else thinks about their shitty fillins.

That's great, more power to them. That's my point it doesnt matter what I think and I'm aware of that. I'm an insignificant speck in the graff world, but I would still tell them to their face I dont care for their shit, not to be disrespectful but just because that's what I honestly think. Whether or not they're going for a "flavor of the month" type style is debatable in my mind but it's whatever. I'm not sayin I dont like their shit cuz I think they'll stop doing it, nor do I want them to. That's not the point. But at the same time I'm not just gonna jump on the bandwagon just because that's the thing to do and big up something I genuinely think is wack. And just because I'm one of the more vocal dudes on the subject doesnt mean I'm the only one who feels that way.

If their sole purpose for writing is just to get up, i can respect that to a point but I can name a number of other dudes in the city who may not get up quite as much but are still up in lots of completely balls out spots and do it better (Gasm, Porab, Marm, Gray, Pak, Army back in the day, etc).

It's starting to sound as if you're ragging on the whole VTS crew. First Dont, now the whole crew. I can understand that you think some of the people in VTS are wack, but the whole crew come on dude. Honke, Remio, Myth, Mkae, Bonus, Stag, Kaput, Gusto, Regal, the list goes on and on. You can't compare to any of them. Just drop the subject..

Style is mostly opinion.

Number don't lie.

Has anyone ever thought, maybe DONT thinks my style is garbage? Maybe DONT thinks all my effort is a waste of time?

It doesnt really make a difference cuz its all OPINIONS.

Now, if someone does 1,000 fills, its just that. You cant say he did 500, cuz thats a lie. He did 1,000.

If you don't like those fills, thats on you. A lot of people don't like DONT's stuff and theres nothing DONT can do about it. What he can do is bomb. If if you say he doesnt, then you are blind w/ hate.

And besides, everybody whos ever bombed hard has critics. You could tag on every single wall in the city in one night with the "best" style and someone is always gonna say, "i dont like it".

If their sole purpose for writing is just to get up, i can respect that to a point but I can name a number of other dudes in the city who may not get up quite as much but are still up in lots of completely balls out spots and do it better (Gasm, Porab, Marm, Gray, Pak, Army back in the day, etc).

OPINION

I thought we ended this shit a couple days ago. they get up. they've been around for a long time, they have had dope styles in the past, this one is grimy, and garbage, in my eyes, some of yall love that shit. good. end of story. gonna be a lot of old flicks, all from the packard, deal with it. some shit is actually new in there. kuma came through that bitch a little. other than that, when I get around to it, I will post whatever newer shit I already have/find this week. I got Mike Brown over Faber coming up. if you would like to put something on this, a fan of mma, pm me before the fight starts. bump the 15 foot high walk I seen earlier today.

if you want a good laugh when your laying in bed with your girl turn to her and ask her if these bumps on your weiner are normal. more flicks. I never went to this yard, so I do not know what is new and what has been there forever except a few of the obvious, good lookin out dude. crunks fav band is blink 182. in case you wanted to know!

l_7e2c2409a63d422cbc95cd31cf596503.jpg

l_b997c931cb464bfabfb640be017ee015.jpg

l_a5151154861f4d3b82deac6b9d854e6c.jpg

l_6cf16beb31bc4db0adb23700c002f8b4.jpg

l_42de79136d524d69b9919ceac2fbe096.jpg

l_980ff16b3ae940fc83395850149a7d81.jpg

l_a30680ea05e0457fbcbe584c7912669a.jpg

l_81e7cf92fb124532b09496d7dee11dc9.jpg

l_fdc15a0cdd714a369f08c9d8ba142112.jpg

l_2c21bed317b34db0a99639ad3e691e7a.jpg

l_c5e3387606f546a0a1f53b62e851e99b.jpg

l_416ee3a5b6a64b13b15d44c17309263a.jpg

l_da376a427acb47d0987d73cda1384a81.jpg

l_a1aded890db34a368d45e94bf0d118b6.jpg

l_9d3a3bbb8cf444988110df0c78c376ed.jpg

l_fdc4fc4a03dd4b9683affc1a47dc8779.jpg

l_f55ed84e16d84a39aaaa3782d22520cc.jpg

l_2b70ec66faeb40e48df0cdc62ea10c9f.jpg

l_25883fea04d3471082a68e1eb77e3802.jpg

l_84d58159884941cea253d8daff1fd851.jpg

Alright then

Blow me

Ummm...they put enough "effort" into painting every fucking night.....multiple spots. i dont understand what there is to complain about.

ok, so my two cents on the don't drama. all i think is, that it could be cleaner. skrew does it, walk does it, they do it clean. i don't like it, but ok fine they get up. i just think don't is a little behind the rest of the class in particular.

strickly my opine and nothing more. i am not a better writer, i do not get up, that is not the kind of writer i am. however, i have eyes and a brain, therefore i will have thoughts on the subject. i'm sure everyone thinks i'm a toy and whatever anyway. i don't write for them. i'm sure don't doesn't write for us. nuff said.

and as for smack talkin - this is a forum, last i checked. that means it's a place for a bunch of people who are passionate about a subject to get together and discuss it without the barriers of distance or not knowing each other directly. thank you internets. you have made such dialog possible. i'm tired of cats on here talkin about people keepin their opinions to themselves. that will probably never stop. whether or not you think that person is qualified to have the opinion they have is much like how people don't like don't. they don't have have to be qualified to speak on anything here, that's the beauty of it. so if they don't like someone's style, that is on them. and if you don't like their opinion, then that is on you.

now - let me make it clear that i do not support shit talking on the internets. that is some p-word bullshiat.

ok enuff blah blah. on with the flicks. not much to see here, thought i'd post the new kuma at the packard, and some other tasty treats.

bump random things written on walls. they make me chuckle.

DSCN2473.jpg

DSCN2582.jpg

DSCN2617.jpg

DSCN2638.jpg

DSCN2641.jpg

DSCN2652.jpg

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2359.jpg

DSCN2444.jpg

DSCN2454.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

bump vomit handstyles, bump tek hollows (yes i know they are old but i still love them everywhere i see them) and bump that giant oar in the same room as that last kuma i posted. i fucking forgot to flick that shit...and damn what the fuck did that cat stand on to get his piece that big??

i know i sure as fuck wouldn't stand on any of those pallets in there...i'd be breakin my neck...lolz.