DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

Originally posted by Issac Brock

Do it man, dont let seeking ruin it for you. I dont think you could propose a single idea to him without him cutting it down unless youre at the status that he is. dont listen to him. go do your thing G

status i'm at? spare me. don't agree with everything i say, then turn around and insult me for saying it. it makes you look foolish, not me.

;)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

yeah yeah,

im not as young as you think i am. i knew that you were going to say something about that post, i wasnt surprised, you seem to love ripping people apart.

there is a big difference between being blunt and honest and being insulting.

ive seen nothing but insulting from you. if its unintentional, maybe you need to try and come at people a little differently.

you seem a little pompous yourself friend, i think you need to look in the mirror and read to yourself what you just wrote to me.

im gonna put my 2 cents in here,

MCCP, go for it. even if your show sucks, youre at least motivated enough to put something like that together. its like being in a band, if you love doing what you do (whatever it may be) keep it up as long as youre still having fun with it. but once you put making money and chasing fame ahead of personal enjoyment, it turns to shit.

and the "art world", i could give 2 shits about art, or what snotty rich people in rochester consider art. i know what i like, and i know i can do certian things "art" related to put some loot in my pocket from time to time. i wouldnt go as far as to say "sell out man, its all about the green!". but if you can make some cash doing something you love, refusing to do so for the sake of being called a "sellout" is just flat out ignorant.

jesus christ... i had heard about this twelve ounce website and all these people bashing my shit... does what i do really piss you off that bad? do you have no life? i'm sorry i didn't follow the rules of graff, i don't fucking know any of them. i'm from the fucking suburbs, i learned what i do from one wes piece and some pictures of a tead piece my friend had... i know i bit off of tead, ya it was stupid but that's what i did... i'm fucking learning, by myself. i enjoy painting on walls, not to impress someone, but to impress myself. i get my rocks off seeing my shit when i'm out, or my friends calling me telling me they saw it... as for sidebusting... sorry... if it'll make you all feel better i'll try to do my shit on spaces that no one has done before... i'm not painting to make the elders of detroit go "oohh and ahh!" i'm painting because i love it... if you have shit with that then you're just a pompus art fag... as for aks... i don't rep that shit anymore, and i'm not going to... the one kid that really enjoyed getting down with is in texas so i think it's pretty much over... and why hasn't anyone kicked my shit in... people know who i am, no one has said shit to my face except positive shit... i come on here and everyone is like fuck him fuck loaf and fuck aks... what loaphis maximus does is what he does, don't even mix me up with that shit because i don't want it... he can piss off and beef with whoever he want's i don't want to... this isn't a fucking contest for me...

i almost forgot, it's not death, it's death bed.

i wrote the most 'bitching' reply ever, and the fucking screen ate it (twice!).

:(

bottom line is this, if you want to put together an art show and your simply using this as a way to try to reach different people, cool, let me know if i can help. if you're trying to organize a 'graffiti art' show, so you can try to turn the local art world on it's ear and give some 'much deserved' fame to local writers, yes i'm going to dis it, because it's never going to work. the couple people with enough proven talent to make it worth looking at would have nothing to do with it. which means i'll have to look at flyers for the big 'detroit graffiti art show' (which will probably be held in a coffee shop in either rochester or taylor) and will feature 4 kids with a combined 8 months experience under their belt, trying to share the 'beauty' of 'graffiti art' with the public. if pointing that out makes me an asshole, then i'm an asshole, fine. as long as i can avert another misrepresentation of graffiti, i'm happy with myself.

as much as you guys would like to paint me as some evil villan, i dont hate on kids for no reason. i pick out specific things and i offer alternatives. i care about graffiti; i care about how it's presented and i care about how it's misrepresented. i care about the people doing it, and i care about the people abusing it. i'll take the time to constructively talk to anyone that wants to talk. if you think i'm an asshole, get my aim name from one of your friends and hit me up. talk to me. if you don't do that, then don't get pissed when you ask for oppinions and i give mine publicly.

seeks/time will vindicate that which reason can not (bomb squad 'terror in erie pa.' remix)

death: if you want to 'learn' something, email we and we can talk seeking12oz@hotmail.com

seeking,

first of all im not trying to exploit graffiti, im not trying to turn the local art world on its ear, im simply trying to give a venue for artists (or people who like to make stuff) to show anything that someone would like to show to a more broad audience, something that you are proud of. if you read back, i said it doesnt have to be graffiti, it can be any type of art that is done by graff artists. the show would be in detroit in a rented space, not some shitty ass coffee house. im not trying to make a buck off of graffiti or anyones artwork. im not trying to appeal to snooty rich types, im trying to get it out to people like us.

anyway forget about it, if someone reads this and is interested, hit me up, otherwise dont worry about it.

p.s. thanks for the support issac