DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
bcuz they cant piece thats y they do throw ups

faygo can piece and has some pretty dope pieces

and i know he has been doing it for a long time

esau/crab used to piece and do huge bombs now

he does a shitload of throwies

noise or butout that could be anyone in the game

that just decided to do throws with that name

their choice to do throw-ups or pieces they are still

getting up...so who cares

and......you have contributed what?

what you are sayin is an OPINION.

...not universal truth.

ok, sorry, lumpy throwies with faces inside them, overlapping lines and hands popping out of them are the freshest things since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

as far as what i've contributed? I'm one of the few people who have actually posted a lot of flicks in this thread (when I lived there), and i'm one of the few people who have actually picked up a can of paint, rather than just opened my mouth, and i've seldom opened my mouth to say something negative like that. i give credit where credit is due, and those dudes are doing some good spots, and theyre getting up, so they deserve credit for that. however, i feel that their throwup styles are played out and weren't good in the first place. yeah, its an opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

THOWUPS WILL LEAD YOU ON A PATH TO BE A BETTER PIECER ... KEEP DOING THROWUPS IF YOU JUST START ONLY THROWUPS AND PLAIN LETTERED BIG TAGS THAT LOOK LIKE GOOD HANDWRITING.

ok, sorry, lumpy throwies with faces inside them, overlapping lines and hands popping out of them are the freshest things since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

as far as what i've contributed? I'm one of the few people who have actually posted a lot of flicks in this thread (when I lived there), and i'm one of the few people who have actually picked up a can of paint, rather than just opened my mouth, and i've seldom opened my mouth to say something negative like that. i give credit where credit is due, and those dudes are doing some good spots, and theyre getting up, so they deserve credit for that. however, i feel that their throwup styles are played out and weren't good in the first place. yeah, its an opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

ITS CALLED STLYLE A.K.A. SWAGER. GO COP SOME.AND THROWUP STYLES ARE A WASTE OF TIME,????!!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. THE REASON YOU DONT LIKE THROWUPS S BECAUSE YOU DONT IUNDERSTAND HOW THE LETTERS WORK. MY OPINION. ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY GOT TO THE POINT WHERE THEY ARE DRAWING JANKY PIECE LETTERS USED TO PAINT KIND OF CRAZY STRAIGHT LETTER JAGGER EDGED SHIT..they just got bored withit and started painting crazy styes

troof

holy shit you are all a bunch of sensitive ass pussies. quit crying over the first negative thing i've said in over a year in this thread and get over yourselves.

ray- i dont dislike throwups, i love throwups, i even like my own throwup and i am far from the best writer out there. i just think some of these motherfuckers rock some cliche ass shit in their throwups, and i know theres a lot of good writers that agree with me. that's partly why detroit doesn't get much respect for its graff.

cuatro pound - mind your business, if you're smart enough you can easily figure out what i write/wrote in detroit. i am far from recklessly talking shit, i just gave one opinion and you all flipped the fuck out. quit being such goddamn babies and realize that not every person out there is going to love you. i don't give a fuck that i started the thread, anyone could have done that, but i certainly have posted a lot more flicks than most of you, my own flicks, and for the past couple years i haven't said anything negative because i was sick of shit talk. obviously you all can't have a discussion though without trying to prove how hard you are, so forget it. christ.

holy shit you are all a bunch of sensitive ass pussies. quit crying over the first negative thing i've said in over a year in this thread and get over yourselves.

ray- i dont dislike throwups, i love throwups, i even like my own throwup and i am far from the best writer out there. i just think some of these motherfuckers rock some cliche ass shit in their throwups, and i know theres a lot of good writers that agree with me. that's partly why detroit doesn't get much respect for its graff.

cuatro pound - mind your business, if you're smart enough you can easily figure out what i write/wrote in detroit. i am far from recklessly talking shit, i just gave one opinion and you all flipped the fuck out. quit being such goddamn babies and realize that not every person out there is going to love you. i don't give a fuck that i started the thread, anyone could have done that, but i certainly have posted a lot more flicks than most of you, my own flicks, and for the past couple years i haven't said anything negative because i was sick of shit talk. obviously you all can't have a discussion though without trying to prove how hard you are, so forget it. christ.

detroit has some ill street letter throw up and fills what are you talkin about you cant always be 100 percent with originality, theres a method.

i cant do throw ups if my life depended on it but im not a fan of the wacky shit, but i give props to the guys ive painted with.they are real writers in my OPINION. i know im new to the Detroit sceane commin from out of state so flame on but the cats im talkin about aint makin it a trend its the real deal much love to u guys u know who u are

Re: DETROIT GRAFFITI - Yesterday, 08:15 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbk krew detroit (View Original Post)

i was doing 5 color pieces ....street side...before you knew your times tables.

act like you know....

not now.

...but right now

niga im talkin about now not before

nigga i never knew my times tables so fuck off

Re: DETROIT GRAFFITI - Yesterday, 10:34 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbk krew detroit (View Original Post)

now is now let go of the past piece now no gay frisco style letters i like throwies but dope ones

im taking bout yall got no style

sorry, im bored...

what issac is trying to say, i believe, is that basically there is an entire crew of kids who seem to be pretty heavily influenced by esau. not that anyones biting perse, i know full well how crew influence works, it just seems a little more pronounced with several people coming out of nowhere to do it. personally, i find it kind of dull and formulaic, but since the formula seems to be 'lets have fun', i cant hate too much. i do wish a little more attention was paid to letters, but i get the feeling alot of the kids are painting just as something to do, cause their friends do it, rather than out of a love for 'graffiti'. also, im sure alot of what's going on right now is a response to the 'other half' of detroit writers thinking they're super rap gangsters. one side goes further to irritate the other, and they continue pushing eachother further in their chosen direction.

for the record, im not hating on dudes at all. this whole smooth wizard league thing makes me laugh, and i'd happily paint with them if i was in town. but liking people, and loving what they paint will always be different things to me.

young fella, most of these cats can piece. They have been in the game longer than you and have graduated from the realm of painting legals (i.e. the yard(s), abandoned buildings, etc.), so you won't see their pieces up in your favorite hangouts.

They are more concerned with the science of bombing than beefing over the chill spots.

They are "above" the yard, both literally and figuratively. And most of them still piece trains.

No disrespect though, you got clean lines, kid.:lol: :lol: