Screen Printing

sarcasm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hand wash mine in the sink.. i dont really know how they do in the washer... acually i washed my naploean one and it didnt really mess it up, but i would still handwash them... have yall made any yet???

"before i came up in the game these hoe's didnt show no love"

you guys are making my brain hurt.

dude asked about screen printing, not some fagged out iron on bullshit. sorry, but that shit is just offensive. it's like pulling up in a riced out whip with bullshit under the hood fronting like you're fast an furious.

ive spent 16 hours a day for the last 3 days screen printing. my body feels like i got kicked by a donkey then humped by an elephant.

if all you want is some one color shirts, then get some crappy little kit and go to town. if you actually wanna do cool shit, then you're gonna need decent equipment.

heres a partial list, feel free to get bored of reading and quit this dream at any time.

atleast 4 screens

atleast a 4 screen press (assuming you're doing shirts)

squeege

ink

light system (for burning screens)

pressure washer (for cleaning out screens)

emulsion

reclaimer

dehazer

if you're just doing posters and prints on paper, things are a little different.

either way, shit is dedication if you wanna do it right.

i did a bunch of shirts last semester,

and believe me that shit aint fun.

its a lot of work, a lot of prep work, and a lot of mistakes.

after doing a run of shirts, i dont think ill ever make shirts again.

id rather pay a professional shirt printer to do it.

they have better equipment, and you can blame them for fucking up...

the only advantage i saw from making my own were that i was able to use huge screens,

to have designs go off the seams, and edges...

but when it comes to registering, or small details,

its hit or miss.

unlike printing on paper.

the properties of the shirt while its stretched, gets deformed even more

when youre running the squeegee over the screen...

With those iron-on sheets, I hear the color white doesnt show on the shirts (unless the shirt is already white of course). Is there any truth to this?

Btw, how much does it usually cost to start a basic screenprinting setup for shirts? Like the ink, emulsion, etc.

So, i have still been looking around, and seeing what is out there. i went to my local fine art store and found the tiny section of screen printing material.

i have also looked around on the web for any 'guides' and what not, and found this on speedball's website

http://www.speedballart.com/pdf/Screen_Pri...nstructions.pdf

it's a pdf file, containing instructions....

the link yellow feets posted also has some nice info too.

i have found a 'starting' kit which has everything i need to get a started.... i'll move up to multiple screens in for multiple colors in due time

Originally posted by InfamousOne@May 20 2005, 11:47 AM

noone made any yet???

I've made a few shirts like that before (Iron-on)..I heard they sell sum shit to make em look glossy though..Like the ones they sell at the store and shit..I like how they look, but the colors are kinda flat...People was still buyin them and shit so fuk it...

I'm also waitin on sum info on the screen printin, I need help with the stencil part..I just racked me the whole shit..Paint, frame and sum other shit the lady told me I needed..so I'm set, just waiting on the stencil part..Any info on that?...

Thanx for the link Hyrax, but I'm aiming more at screen printin stencils..I'm doin some type of font with a logo (not graffiti related), not to fancy not to complicated..I heard the type of stencil I need it requires a lot of shit, ama try to do a search, If I find anything I'll post..Peace...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you can make simple shirts and stuff without one of those kits. you can use freezer paper as a screen for your stencil and then iron that on to the shirt real lightly, then just mix acrylic paint with fabric medium. roll that stuff on, let dry and then peel the freezer paper off. im sorry i dont have better instructions for you. maybe i'll find some and post later tonight.

good luck

Originally posted by InfamousOne@May 13 2005, 10:09 PM

ok then tell me the diffrence between the two... since ur the king.... oh yea and u say their crappy post some of ur shirts...

what's the difference between sticking a piece of paper in your printer and screen printing a shirt? well, for starters...one takes talent, effort and commitment and one takes a ten dollar bill and a kinkos. if i have to do any further explaining of why your 'johnson family runion 2005' asthetics are lacking, then i'm afraid you're lost from the jump.

unfortunately, i've never printed a shirt, but here are some posters ive done recently.

i hope you can overlook that fact that i declined to memorialize the passing ot tupac and aaliyah and instead opted for other subject matter. next time i'll try and work a wookie or some gold teeth into things.

airplanes+poster.jpg

11x33

betrayer+poster.jpg

14x35

thawk+poster.jpg

8x24

you're right...that picture you found on the internet then printed out is much fresher.

now i need to go find a wigger of my own to iron onto my own shirts!

tease come back yet?

anyway, moral of the story is that what you do is not screen printing, which is what this thread is about. maybe you should start a thread on 'desktop printer art' or something. that sounds enthralling.

draw, scan, block out color, print, coat screens, burn screens, wash out screens, tape off screens, print 1st color. dry. print second color. dry. print third color. dry. print 4th color. dry. etc.

depending on the number of screens you have, 'reclaim screens' will be in there several times as well.

that's probably not much help, but you'll learn more in your class than i could ever explain.

Originally posted by seeking@Jun 14 2005, 12:45 AM

you're right...that picture you found on the internet then printed out is much fresher.

now i need to go find a wigger of my own to iron onto my own shirts!

tease come back yet?

anyway, moral of the story is that what you do is not screen printing, which is what this thread is about. maybe you should start a thread on 'desktop printer art' or something. that sounds enthralling.

yea i think i might make a desktop printer thread, and it does sound pretty "enthralling".. so how much money do u make selling your shirts?? that "wigger" has made a ton of money for me..... thanks for the help.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeking, those prints are really nice. I had a years worth of screenprints (on archival paper, no t-shirts) that the cops took from me during a search warrant never to be returned. Only like one out of many had actual graff on it too. Crying shame. Bump this threadthoough. Does anyone have more prints to post?