Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

weve got the wonderful public education system to blame for our perception of what the american thanksgiving holiday is celebrating. dressing us up in little pilgrim and indian outfits as a youngster and then sitting us down to feast and hi-c and crappy school turkey.

what school did you go to?

i never seen anybody dressing up kids like indians and shit except on tv

i wish they had hi c at my elementary

we had to make do with orange drink

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
You know, I used to think the same thing, "Fuck this bullshit, American consumer driven bullshit holiday".

Then I did some research.

Thanksgiving was brought over by the British. Its a Harvest celebration. The same holiday is celebrated about the same time of year all over the world under many different names and traditions.

Its giving thanks for a bountiful harvest. It has nothing to do with nationality, race, or religion.

Give thanks that you are alive and be happy.

Happy Harvest! Smoke up.

WORD

Re: Don't Call it Frisco

actually the puritans(pilgrims) did maintain peace with the native americans for quite a few years....traded together and feasted together at times....in fact if the native americans did not teach the puritans how to grow corn that first year upon there arrival in the northeast they would have most certainly died...so our modern notion of thanksgiving isnt entirely false.

just a question

Did that fool FUNK AND JAZZ really try to sue some fool for using his pictures or some shit?????

whats the deal with his book neways?

i dont know how i feel about the fact that he might make money off that shit..

he jumped into the scene for a quick minute, then it was like buddy buddy, then he used people for information and and material for his lil book idea.. then smashed out. whats up with that guy..

whatever....:)