Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
do you use colour pencils to sketch? or colur markers? cos your fills are wicked

Mostly I roll with markers, but its always good to expiriment. I like doing characters with Pencil, mainly because of that grainy look. For instance, the 3D I did on the full page was done purely from pencils. Alot of pencil work depends on technique.

i know. but like' date=' wen coloring with prismas, if the object im coloring is small, the coloring is easy cuz i could make the ink all juicy and thick. but if wen im coloring something thats huge, like the arrow, the marker might get wasted fast. and like, it comes all un even wen i use the broad side. like how does newkon do it. like his coloring always look really solid looking, like no stroke ghost marks etc...[/quote']

hey, ya i know wat ya mean i had that problem too, i still do fomr time to time but from wat ive learned from a few people, is basicly to let the part u colored dry b4 u color next to ity if that makes sence, u wont get any streaks or anything. hope i helped ya man keep at it.

nice stiks bro' date=' good work! what stickers do you use?[/quote']

well bro i dno wot country ur from but im from australia, i go into officeworks n steal the largest sized stickers i can find then i stick em 2gether, the ones u saw in my picture each of em were 2 stickers stuck together, but jus check out officeworks they got some fresh stuff 4 stickers n fineliners

Me 10 months ago.

max00056fg.jpg

dsc000418no.jpg

dsc000430dn.jpg

dsc000459im.jpg

Overall, I was pretty shitty not too long ago. Most of you guys posting here have the ability to improve dramatically in less than a year. The best motivation you can ever get is looking at dope sketches in person. It helps out times 1000 than the internet can. Actually, it dosn't take much at all to know letter form.

Best advice I can give.

UNDERSTAND the letter form, don't just do it. Sooner or later you'll start drawing letters that are going to be even in length, width, and height. Soon you'll start knowing which letters look good which way, and which dont. Try every single bit of coloring schemes you can think of. Study the color wheel, trust me, it HELPS. Learn to use Color pencils, markers, gel pens. Learn how to use ball point pens, they are going to help you develop alot. Learn what kind of effects you can achieve on how hard you press down, or the pressure you apply. Learn how to stroke with pens and markers properly. Study the principals of art.

Contrast,

Repetition,

flow,

balance,

etc.

Best wishes.

The Pivot