Toys post here...

swif1

aight, that's awesome. i'll head up to borders later on today i think. i'm going out of town tomorrow [[eh, i'm on spring break]] so i'll try to get it before i go so i can check it out while i'm in the hotel and shit. i got four pills of adderall to go straight through the weekend so i'll have plenty of time to focus amazingly... straight through day and night. =] i'm psyched.

that woman graff book sounds pretty sweet. thanks a ton! i'm checking out nicholas ganz as i type...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
C Da Skill --you need to put in a lot of work man. i'll give you the same advice i gave wease, look at more graff. study it and absorb that shit so letter structure is all you think about. that HASE piece doesn't really work. you need to look at the motion and placement of your letters. that drawing is very sloppy, and you need to clean it up. my advice, make those lines thicker and give them cleaner edges. it looks like you had the shakes when you were working the pen. control your hand more, focus on precise lines and edges. keep going with the simples.

WEASE --stay away from sharp edges right now. from what you've posted, i think you work better with rounder edges. try and do some fat bubble letters for a little while. look up throwies or outlines on here. you'll probably find some good inspiration. if you need some direction, as to where to find some inspiration --let me know and i'll point some out.

ASE --i like that 3D, but i agree with alert. drop the heart out of that piece. it's not needed. i agree with you about that connector from the S to the E. if you take that out, and the heart, it's a really good piece. definitely keep at it and post more.

BOUNCING --that L looks like a C. take out the top accent on that, and the extra extension on the E, and that piece is looking good.

Haha, that "top extension" is another L

Shouldn't have added them arms..

IMG_0696.jpg

yeah, i noticed that was the second L, after i posted that. i think you should move the second L and the A. also, when you ink it, make sure you do something to show a difference in the T of BEAST, and the exclamation point. it kind of looks like an H. i like it though man. you should do this, and then draw a character scaled to the whole piece, and drop it next to it next to it. use cut and paste if you have to, on something bigger.

yeah

keep your letters completley straight for a few months then over time

after a while it will become second nature then you will be able to turn those straight lines into some sexy curves

but stick to BLOCKS

like the letters on cereal boxes

no joke

when you try to do curvy shit or something with a profuse amount of arrows or jagged edges it gets you into extremley bad habbits and everything you do will be out of proportion

dont worry about markers or anything like that

use color pencils or crayons so you get used to what different colors look like together before you go steal or buy juicy markers

louise2wease

i recommend not posting pictures because of the fact that no one will take you seriously based on the fact that you are a girl and youre new to the game

get down the really simple stuff

and mess around with good colors

and then post

so you will have something to flaunt

insted of just completley being shitted on everytime you post a picture

http://parisvoice.com/04/summer04/html/art/art.cfm

http://www.at149st.com/women.html

and here's yet another for you::

[and since i know you wont read it, at least read this bit]--

***On the Writers' Forum discussion group, artist Antik rants: "This is the kinda shit I hate. Getting into male and female garbage.... So many times when a deejay rolls into town and happens to be female, she gets paraded around like some long lost newly discovered creature. Who gives a fuck with something like graffiti or dee-jaying if you're a guy or a girl? Really... it makes no damn bit of difference."***

that came from right here:

http://www.gadflyonline.com/archive/JulyAugust00/archive-graffiti.html

^^funny shit. i know you're not serious (at least hope you're not) about that Wu tang symbol. that would be the worst advice to give anyone. i think that's worse than someone writing "I luv Mary 4 Eva" inside a heart. i don't mind bad graffiti sometimes, but when i see the wu-tang, i just picture this small retarded boy, being hit by and on coming bus or something. then i laugh hysterically.

stil, fill your shit in entirely. you've left spots uncolored, and that makes it look real corny. try doing simples --no color, just outlines. just sit down and throw down a shitload of them. i hate to repeat myself, but just play with your letters individually, before putting them together. work on your letter structure and placement.

sorry if i blew up your spot wease --didn't think it would matter if you pissed sitting or standing in the toy thread. especially seeing that this is where toys come for help.

dont worry about it EARL, it was in a different thread that i got shitted on. no worries, you didn't do anything. that bootybooty asshole is just a faggot trying to scare me out of doing this shit. sucks for him that i dont get intimidated.

wease, i'd stay clear of any other threads for now. not to be a dick or anything, but you're not up to speed on anything, so people are going to tool you around like a cat on a mouse. this thread is basically for toys, so you can suck, not know a damn thing about anything, and just do what you have to do to learn. if you start going into chicago blackroom threads, and post photos or comments, kids are definitely going to fuck with you. you have a lot to learn, and some people on here are just out to prove that they know more and are better. it's a cyber pissing contest, don't take part in it until you can walk the talk. just some words of advice here.

also, what that bootybooty dude said was just constructive crit. i don't think he was being a dick, just honest. dudes are going to tool on your for being a young girl. graff is a male dominated culture, and some dudes aren't going to take young girls serious. especially now a days. it's hard to take any teenage kid serious in graff. everyone is just getting into it because they played getting up, or saw some graff in a mountain dew commercial. so i don't know what bootybooty dude said to you on other posts, but he wasn't really attacking you on this one.