Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
instead of looking at it as a "block" lettering, think of it as regular simple letters. it dont have to be a specific simple "style" of letters...just simple shit..

Bugs, your canvas looks cool with the colors and buildings in the background but your letters are weak. work on them letters and imagine how much better that canvas would look like.

Dripuk- i see you tried to start simple with your letters like how everyone says. i like that but one thing you missed out is if your letters are poportional when you got em simple. not all letters arent going to be poportional cuz people got different styles depending on how you are and the graff scene thats around you but work on poportion and it would look nicer if all the letters are leaning.

Melbs, how yah doin my guy

yer the letters arnt brilliant but its some of the best eltters i got goin atm. im not that brilliant im afraid which is why i put it on the toy thread. lol. will be workin on them tho. any advice on progressing them at all. cheers 4 the critz

letters have to be in proportion, like the last one all the letters are different widths, they need to be moderately the same.

yeah i fucked that one up pretty bad, but ive got a few more...

the first one i managed to pick the worst 2 pens ever, the one i used for the outline and shadow is just the shittest marker ever, first time i used it, and the other one started to run out ooo great fun, and they bled as well.

the second one was done with a pencil, a biro and pencil crayons lol, but im allowed because im toy and stoned.

third ones random bubbles that im still workin on as well

crits??

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

dripuk, work on the N of the bubble ones, it doesnt fit other letters and the straight work on the K and cut the 3D so it isnt a triangle if u know what i mean.. i never liked that..

yeah im workin on em still, ill try a different N, and k, i always have problems with k's. i prefer the 3d choped off as well but i havent drawn any 3d for a couple of years since graphics at school lol, so im just getting used to it again

good advice as always sale

SALE, one reason I don't post is because my lack of a camera/scanner.

Another would be that I can critique my own art, since I know what's working or not.

When I draw out something that I'm comfortable enough to put up, when I think every letter is good, I'll post it to see if there's something I've missed.

There's a writer where I live, that when he was younger, people called his style bogus and wack, but now he's up everywhere, and his shit is unique and clean.

I don't think you should depend on other people to design your work, or not until you know what you're doing, which takes a while.

And I'll draw out some stuff and post it, just for you.

nice story about your friend, your right it is good to be original but the best advice given on here is to go simple and work your way up......its good advice although not everyone takes it . originality develops over time and it a lot easier to get that unique style when you know the basics of what will make it look good :)

I just think that there's a time when you understand letter structure and placement well enough to start to evolve out of a toy, and even then, you still suck, but there's a place to progress.

And besides, I haven't been happy with my work lately, so...

And this is some of his stuff, old to newest

zew9.jpg

zew19.jpg

1488952942_l.jpg

1327555314_l.jpg

He's been writing since he was like 11, so don't think graff comes so easy.

damn skills right there....ive also been writing since i was 11, you speak to me as if i dont have any experiance :S i think almost 5 years is quite an amount longer than most on this thread. im still a toy i admit that but please dont patronise me i know it doesnt come easy. i wasnt trying to be nasty in my post so sorry if it came across that way

And something that should be less important to everyone right now, even me, is fills. Letter structure either makes or breaks a piece. Like KILLR and AGED, your fills may be okay, but they should not be important to you until you have rockin' letters.

One of my graff mentors sees fills like this: you don't want to mix warm and cool colors in a fill. If you don't mix those colors, you can basically do whatever you want to a fill. Like, your fill colors shouldn't really be Yellow, Orange, and Royal Blue. They just shouldn't be mixed. I'll show examples below. But yes, they do mix sometimes, but I've only seen it work in very small doses. Here's some blackbook work that he's done for me and a friend.

GasmBlackbook.jpg

TierBlackbook3.jpg

TierBlackbook2.jpg

TierBlackbook.jpg

See, and some of those fills are just spagetti, but the shit's nice.

But you have to work on your letters first. Shit, you could just do simple straight letters and a nice fill and have a killer piece.

Here's his work on the street:

Picture339.jpg

Picture343.jpg

damn skills right there....ive also been writing since i was 11, you speak to me as if i dont have any experiance :S i think almost 5 years is quite an amount longer than most on this thread. im still a toy i admit that but please dont patronise me i know it doesnt come easy. i wasnt trying to be nasty in my post so sorry if it came across that way

I wasn't even talking to you, if anyone. I was speaking generally, for anyone who needs advice.

I've been only sketching for a little over a year, and only painting seriously for about 5 months, so I can't talk much shit.

you wasnt talking shit it was good advice. i was discussing your friends work then you posted some of his stuff up, so i asumed you was talking to me but whatever my bad.

id also like to see some of your stuff if your posting. i wont be too nasty, lol na just kidding should be decent if youve been writing a year....

I'd hardly say "decent". I still have a picture or two when I just started, and the shit's disgusting. I'd still say I'm a toy definately.

And well, that post was kinda towards you, with the pictures, but not the "don't think it comes easy." I know some toys around my area who consider themselves kings (hell, I'M even better than they are, and that's saying something), but they've only been destroyed by our locals because of their attitudes.

And I'll post something soon, but I'm a little high right now and it's hard to even type this.

I just got my wisdom teeth out, so...

But I did post something a few pages back with a friend's camera, and I know, the "A" and "Y" are crap, but I knew that when I posted it.