Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

now if it did not drop and its doing the random restarts thats a different issue could be multi.... things first thing i will need to find out is the error code that comes up you can check this by right clicking My computer icon and select manage in the computer managment window you will see many things select event viewer open it and from the list inside it find system select it on the right side you will see a list look at the latest date and find the first red X that has the word error double click it and copy/paste the description here

Originally posted by Mainter@Feb 11 2006, 11:15 AM

now if it did not drop and its doing the random restarts thats a different issue could be multi.... things first thing i will need to find out is the error code that comes up you can check this by right clicking My computer icon and select manage in the computer managment window you will see many things select event viewer open it and from the list inside it find system select it on the right side you will see a list look at the latest date and find the first red X that has the word error double click it and copy/paste the description here

Dude, it's a mac.

And as I said, it's not mine, so I can't look at it.

I don't even know if it produces a code.

But I do know that it doesn't just turn itself off.

There is a message, and it won't let you do anything but restart it via the power button.

-fuse.

Originally posted by fuse=--action+Feb 11 2006, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fuse=--action - Feb 11 2006, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mainter@Feb 11 2006, 11:15 AM

Dude, it's a mac.

And as I said, it's not mine, so I can't look at it.

I don't even know if it produces a code.

But I do know that it doesn't just turn itself off.

There is a message, and it won't let you do anything but restart it via the power button.

-fuse.

[/b]

ohh.............. well that changes things tell her to get a pc :haha: they can withstand a 10 foot drop in most cases

Originally posted by Mainter+Feb 11 2006, 05:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Feb 11 2006, 05:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MOOGLE?@Feb 11 2006, 05:23 PM

thsi alcohol thing is pissin me off

why what you doing wrong?

[/b]

on the left side you will see virtual Drive under the options press it when you press it a new screen will come up select the number of of drive you want depending on how many discs the program you are working with takes when done loading all the new drives press ok go to image finder select the location where the files are located press search when the file comes up select it (right click) add or select all of them and press the insert key which ever way when they are added just go back to the first screen right click the file name you want to mount and press mount to device (your virtual drive) leave here go to my computer open it and select the drive that the files are in starting with the first one and it will come up and load

,,,,,wow i'm so not computer literate when it comes to anything non musical..

plus my windows expired 20 minutes ago..

its the windows xp barely naked edition casek gave the torrent to

Windows XP Pro SP2 Corporate Edition (Barely Naked)

***Please leave this ReadMe in its original form.  Give credit where credit is due.  Thank you.***

Type: ISO (bootable)

*******************************************************************************************

Description:

It's been months since I made the "Windows XP Pro SP2 Corporate (Stripped to the Bone) Edition" ... and now I am pleased to bring you another version ... "Windows XP Pro SP2 Corporate Edition (Barely Naked) [vertigo173]."

*Note:  This is the Corporate Edition of Windows XP Pro SP2 ( version 5.1 build 2600 ).  I integrated the serial, so you don't need to enter a serial during installation.

My last version didn't have virtual printer (PDF Printer) support.  That was fixed in this version.  Again, all languages were ripped except for English.  If you need a version of XP Pro with a language other than English, then look elsewhere.  Sorry.  Windows Update was kept in this new version.  You are now able to run Windows Update as well as Auto Update!  Also, all driver components were left in this new version.

*Note:  There were no Hot Fixes added to this.  You can easily download the new Hot Fixes after installation via Windows Update.

I call this version (Barely Naked), because, well, it's certainly not stripped to the bone ... so, it's barely naked!

Read below to see all the components left in this new version.

*******************************************************************************************

What is remaining on the CD:

( Applications )

Calculator

Defragmenter

( Drivers )

Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)

Battery

Bluetooth Support

Brother Devices

Cameras and Camcorders

Display Adapters

Display Adapters (old)

Ethernet (LAN)

Firewire (1394) Support

IBM Thinkpad

InfraRed

ISDN

Modems

Multi Processor Support

MultiFunctional

Multi-port serial adapters

PCMCIA

Portable Audio

Ports (COM & LPT)

Printers

Scanners

SCSI/RAID

Smartcards

Sony Jog Dial

Sony Memory Stick

Sound Controllers

Toshiba DVD decoder card

TV Tuner

USB Audio support

Windows Image Acquistion (WIA)

Wireless Ethernet (WLAN)

( Internet Utilities )

ATM Support

Client for Netware Networks

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer Core

Internet Information Services (IIS)

MAC Bridge

NetShell Cmd-Tool

Network Monitor Driver and Tools

NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Protocol

Outlook Express

Syncronization Manager

Tcp/Ip Version 6

Vector Graphics Rendering (VML)

( Multimedia )

MIDI audio support

( Operating System Options )

16-bit support

Administrator VB scripts

Application compatibility patch

Command-Line tools

Disk Cleanup

Extra Fonts

Floppy Support

Input Method Editor

Jet Database Engine

MDAC

Out of Box Experience (OOBE)

Printer Support

Task Scheduler

Web View

( Services )

Application Layer Gateway

Autoupdate

Background Intelligent Transfer

COM+

CTF Loader

DHCP Client

Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC)

DNS Client

Event Log

Internet Authentication (IAS)

Logical Disk Manager

Management Instrumentation (WMI)

Message Queuing (MSMQ)

Network DDE

Performance Logs and Alerts

QoS RSVP

Quality Advertising Protocol

Shell Services

SNMP

System Event Notification (SENS)

System Monitor

TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper

Terminal Services

Universal Plug and Play

Volume Shadow Copy

Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Wireless Zero Configuration

*Note:  If you don't see it in the list above ... then it was ripped!

Instructions:

1. Un-rar with WinRAR.

2. Burn to CD using Alcohol 120%.

3. Place CD into your CD/DVD-ROM tray.

4. Make sure that your BIOS is set to boot from CD/DVD-ROM first.

5. Install.

6. Enjoy!

*Note:  This CD can not be used to upgrade a previous version of Windows - you will need to boot your PC in able to install - this is called performing a "Clean Install."

Well, there's really nothing more I can say.  It's been fully tested for over a month now.  This version, like my (Stripped to the Bone) Edition is fast as fuck!  Tweaks were applied to help speed up Windows.

This was created with nLite 0.99.9 Beta 5.  http://www.nliteos.com/

If this version is not for you and you have the full version of Windows XP, then you can use nLite to make your own custom disc.  I made this disc for my own use, and now I'm sharing it with all of you.  Don't complain to me if you don't like it.

Originally posted by Herbivore@Feb 10 2006, 03:21 PM

AGP and PCI-Express are two different types of connections for graphics cards on the motherboard. PCI-Express is a newer technology, so the newest graphics cards use it. AGP is older, but not by much... it's still enough for most people.

2004_pcie_008.gif

That's the best photo I could find in 1.5 minutes of searching (ha) to show the difference between how they look. Look at your motherboard and see what you have. AGP will be indented closer towards the center... that's probably the easiest way of telling.

Thank you, sir...

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle+Feb 11 2006, 06:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr. Dazzle - Feb 11 2006, 06:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Herbivore@Feb 10 2006, 03:21 PM

AGP and PCI-Express are two different types of connections for graphics cards on the motherboard. PCI-Express is a newer technology, so the newest graphics cards use it. AGP is older, but not by much... it's still enough for most people.

2004_pcie_008.gif

That's the best photo I could find in 1.5 minutes of searching (ha) to show the difference between how they look. Look at your motherboard and see what you have. AGP will be indented closer towards the center... that's probably the easiest way of telling.

Thank you, sir...

[/b]

what is the question?

if you want to find out what one you have open up the case and look most likley if its atleast from 2002 you will have 2 pci express slots and 1 agp for backwards compatibility

are you looking to get a new graphics card

what kind of computer do you got?

Moogle? download RockXP

allows you to:

- To retrieve and change your XP Key

- To retrieve all Microsoft Products keys

- To save your XP activation file

- To retrieve your lost XP system passwords

- To retrieve your lost RAS (Remote Access Settings) passwords

- And to generate new passwords

http://files4.majorgeeks.com/files/9c16f66...misc/rockxp.exe

sp2

my roomate was dicking around with the fuse box and turned the power off in my room so i had to restart the laptop.

so it wont let me get passed the welcome page without and activation code...

i'm buying an xp diske in a few days once taxes get back but being locked out of my shit is a hige hinderance to my work and contacts