Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey so i have a question.

i just recently switched from dsl to cable internet. when i made the switch i bought a wireless router (netgear). when my laptop gets the signal, my internet works good. but every now and then my wireless will stop working; it's pretty annoying. i've downloaded the latest firmware and stuff, but it still continues to do this. distance isn't a concern b/c the wireless router is right next to my room.

any of u know whats going on?

if there are neighbors who have routers or APs in the area on the same channel, it could be causing some interference, especially if they are really close(even if their networks are hidden)

Also look for anything in the 2.4GHz range in your home, these devices can cause problems since your AP also uses that frequency.

Originally posted by richard_vagina@Jan 9 2006, 08:52 PM

i forgot to mention this:

i have this special spray i could sell you

that will allow your wireless signal to travel through

the air at a much higher speed. it's blue an' everything.

$50 and it's yours.

eah i forgot about that that shit is great ot almost doubles its very expensive how you get it for 50 casek?

Originally posted by richard_vagina+Jan 9 2006, 04:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (richard_vagina - Jan 9 2006, 04:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>first off, one of the antenna on the router should be pointing up and the other should be horizontal.

second: get tuneup utilities 2006. that has a nice feature to optimize your wireless settings.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Mainter@Jan 9 2006, 05:47 PM

do you have a microwave near or a cordless phone is your wireless a 802.11a b or g?

casek: my router only has 1 attena..and its pointing to the heavens

mainter: nope and nope

Originally posted by Mainter+Jan 9 2006, 06:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Jan 9 2006, 06:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>if there are neighbors who have routers or APs in the area on the same channel, it could be causing some interference, especially if they are really close(even if their networks are hidden)

Also look for anything in the 2.4GHz range in your home, these devices can cause problems since your AP also uses that frequency.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-richard_vagina@Jan 9 2006, 06:52 PM

i forgot to mention this:

i have this special spray i could sell you

that will allow your wireless signal to travel through

the air at a much higher speed. it's blue an' everything.

$50 and it's yours.

mainter: this might be the case, b/c my neighbors have wireless... but when i picked up their signal a while ago w/ my friends laptop, it was very weak..like 1 bar status... but maybe...

i'll be sure to look at that thing u said casek; and the spray shit.... is that for real? or are u making fun of me?

just a lil sarcasm think about it how would spray help, spray goes out of the can and falls to the ground anything that you spray would only really distort the signal because of particals in the air. the only other thing it would do is show you where the signal is like powder on a laser or something

rather interesting Microsoft document that recommends to people who want to show off Vista to use ATI over Nvidia. It says that: "ATI is preferred to Nvidia at this time due to superior driver support". It turns out that the real Vista Beta 2 is still a few weeks away and that the beta 2 we saw was the December build, a beta 2 but not the complete one."