Philly Hands from 215 and NYC...

Guest ASTISM

damn.........ast, that second STR flick is blazing....that looks like a hot paint tag to me...no? hot paint is definitely some philly shit too....high-heat engine paint...nobody else is hip to that shit like north philadelphians. thats fat he repped UNI too....spoeaking of UNI ive found a lot of DENSKE tags in manhattan over the years...as well as kadism and boza. ive also seen MEEZ, and spo of course....but ive caught you (i still consider you a philly head!) and zem a bunch too. theres a whole slew of ex-patriots....lol.

that braze and bose is fat too..i dont know if you get down to philly much anymore, but braze busted out a little again with meanstreaks..kinda cool except the buff is REEEEE-DICK-U-LOUS now...i swear to god, bro. i had this old roof in west philly that me, nemel and necs and agent did back in 98....plus there was an old suroc and dazer up there....well, when the buff came through hard (this is a back street kind of roof too) i expected the str8-letters to get buffed, but the hang over tags and some other little tags were still left. i was amped cause one little tag of mine was still on this little chimney, kinda small, but mad visible still to any writer looking, you know? well, it ran all of last year, and i drove by this morning and noticed its buffed. the fucking city went BACK onto a pretty tuff roof with a buff crew to buff like 3 tags from 98 that were barely noticeable. shit is bananas here, bro..its not even worth doing anything.

as for what THE LAW said about philly visitors/JUNE being the best etc...i dont know if i can agree...i have lots of mutual friends with june (like my man SKYE NSF MSP-mad underrated), and i love his stuff, but i dont think hes really mastered the philly hand like youre saying. in my opinion, the best outsider of recent times to pull that off would be CURVE from connecticut, another one of june's boys. CURVE really has the flow down, not just the "look" of a philly hand...but i also know people that hate on him and would disagree....so its just my 2 cents. but dont get me wrong, i love June (KTS/VGA....theres another JUNE that i used to do roofs with...hes WPRU) and his shit....theres a gozila str8letter i flicked just last week on my ride to school near his old crib. hes great....just i cant really agreee that hes got the philly hand like that.

as a side note, i think all those kids are really underrated. CURVE ESTEME and JUNE do really great shit. just thought id log that opinion...one love, my dirty dozen oz. denizens....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...also caught Tame and Omne in Brooklyn - no fliks and Bronx white-outs on poles in the west village and a bunch of Cypher tags in lower Manhattan also this one here...

http://www.streetsoldierz.com/nemel/images/tags_nemel1.jpg'> in Dumbo Brooklyn

btw I agree with you about June Esteme and Curve...they're all dope writers.

posted this before but nise this is for you...

http://www.streetsoldierz.com/curve/images/tags_curve1.jpg'>

im gonna agree with nise i think right now curve is the only out-of-towner holding it down. you will probably see many bose tags in NYC cause he spends nuff time there.

Yo and on the buff tip man they buffed that suroc on 63rd

they buffed that espo suroc fight for your right to ignite joint/.

they buffed the famed 52nd street roofies on both sides of the el.

nise and sz still have a throwie up there as well as some tags

I would like to attempt to tell the story about the development of philly stylesbut im afraid i woiuldnt do it justice. not even if i did the readers digest version.

there was a good article on the matter in the city papaer a bout a year ago and it was a few pages in the paper and it still only covered a small part of the history.

anyway you would do well to get a copy. if its possible.

the artickle ran when espo reas and twist had that show at the ics.

yo ast...another good one hermano....is that exer? havent seen/heard about him since the AIA days when sean mccabe was still around.....he in ny too? damn. and yo, ben's hand (although not a philly one -in temrs of this thread) is so fly....i think hes mad underrated too. tell that cat i said whats up....the cypher is fly too....

peace.....

Guest HESHIANDET

grade a post. i agree skye is slept on. so is curve. curve has done a great job assimilating w/ the locals here, and he is definitely bombing the hardest rightnow (and has been for a while now) but there are a few people w/ clout round here that don't think so kindly of him. i don't mean to blab the drama and politics going on, just trying to put things into perspective. or something, i don't know i was compeled to type this. whatever, its all good w/ me.

and nise, IT IS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME PAINING HERE! WORD THE FUCK UP!

From what ive seen, Curve is an all out bomber. He came to Montreal last year for less than two days and wrecked shit nonstop. Dude loves to climb and writes fast. He would hit 3 tags when i would hit 1 in the same amount of time. The buff has been harsh this summer and most of his shit is gone, but you can still catch lots of his hands and he has a fresh rooftop still running downtown. By the way, there is also a few nise and nemel signatures left, and 1 nemel 2 letter throwie in a rundown neighbourhood.

anytime i hear philly i gotta give my props.. .. my home area... i spent this afternoon nutting in my pants. unknown frieght spot this afternoon i thought i was in heavn.. so many freights and i think every writer ever to write in thsi town was spotted. nise,nemel,kmack,agua,sz, nope,speed,curve,todo,kid,espo,kair,crispo,meez,peka,meak,dasar the list goes on and on.. best day of benching in my life....

most recent responses (b/t/w i love the email notification hsit...it really streamlines this board in my opinion...)

heshiandet: yeah, no doubt, i think i hinted at the "CURVE" issue too. i, personally think he wrecks shit and has a pretty fly hand. i think his hand is better than mine, and i was raised here. i remeber seeing a wicked he did in pentel at june/skye's crib once. he's got the picture in my mind...BUT, i also know how many people hate him/or hate on him. i don't know. in my defense, i've never met the guy, and a lot of the philly old heads say that has a lot to do with it...but i never understood that anyway...philly kids are always like "yeah, he's up, but he's a nut..." like what does that matter? i distinctly remember a few really big names in philly telling me that SAPOSE and INDIO are nuts cause their hands are weak or something like that....huh? i think its cause SAPOSE is kind of a crazy (as in insane) brother....but if hes up, hes up, in my opinion. (and INDIO and SAPOSE are up as shit)....anywho, i think CURVE gets respect...well, he gets mine....but i can attest to the fact that lots of big heads hate him...like REALLY hate him. some one recently called him a "videograff writer" to me, as an insult. i dont know what means really , but it was said with lots of venom. i think its because most philadelphians hate anyone not from here. hell, they hate half of the people that ARE from here! but especially out of towners. the only way youre gonna get over is if people like your personality. like when MBER was here, nobody liked him....cause he was an out of towner, did freights, and had the unfortunate fate of sharing the name of a philly legend, MB....seriously, no one would paint with the guy for a long time..just me and my boys. and that included NECS, who was living in philly at the time. i think only NEMEL, SZ, KEM, AST, ZYRE, SPY, ME, NECS, and DASAR painted with the guy on the regs....everyone else kind of ignored him forever. (and i think we can all agree MBER is fucking incredible)...anyways, it took like 3 years until cats were like "that dude is cool" for him to get accepted. CURVE, i think, people think he's weird or something...and so he's never gonna be accepted by the philly elite...oh well. thats the way 215 do.

as for SKYE...its funny...i just bumped into him on TEMPLE's campus yesterday...havent seen him in months. he's one of my favorite writers these days. SKYE DICKO CREAD and BZEE are mad underrated. they all have a really fresh style and are cool as shit. me and NEMEL went on a road trip to VA with skye and bzee and dicko and we had so much fun...the racks are sooooo easy down south...we terrorized the mall in VA beach and filled a trunk with paint from home depot...too easy. we did a highway roof and lots of street bombing and some train spot. i think there was some alcohol involved too, but who can remember such trivial details? i can't say enough about those guys: GREAT PEOPLE..MAAAAD UNDERRATED WRITERS...especially skyeo.

JAMESBOMB: yo montreal is fat...i heard curve and esteme painted up there too....we got invited up there and crashed with FLOW like in 98 or 99...i cant remember. COSE and SAIKO put us down with TA cause we did some daytime philly tags and fillins on CLOK's hip-hop-a-shop...those guys were cool as shit. nemel and all them (zyre, necs) went bombing at night, but i had to take my girl out to a nice french dinner on that main street (st laurent, i think?) it was payment for her letting us take her car to canada instead of renting....thats fresh if theres still some tags left. some old french dude grabbed NECS that nite of bombing and necs was drunk like, "owWww!! get offf mee!!" and like shoved the dude...funny shit. also funny about that trip...the piece i painted got in "the Source"....my only graff in the source ever...in an article about Montreal!!? funny....but i love that town...everyone was mad chill and the women are outta control....(although Carabana in TEEDOT was a leeetle biut wilder...sorry!)

SPARKIZM: yo, im guessing your wer benching either at queen lane or east falls....(their connected) those superflats are so funny, cause they dont go too far (philly-pittsburgh-chicago, then back) but mad heads in philly paint them cause theyre so easy to paint (totally flat, not hump, no bar, no ridges...) but if all the kids that painted those wouldve painted boxcars, philly would have a little more rep. for instance, NOPE and MEAK have painted some fresh fr8s, but they always paint those damn superflats that almost NO ONE sees....its a shame. trust me, people have tried to explain fr8s to philadelphians, but they dont get them. i know, cause i didnt get them either till i moved to the midwest. philly kids see it as an absolute waste of paint...but if they are gonna do one, god forbid, it sure as hell aint gonna be some car with a ladder, a bar, ridges, etc....they dont understand what travels and what don't. its a shame. only PRE ever really got it...then ME, NECS, MBER (and DASAR to an extent) killed it for a while, then CENSE and KEMOS showe dup and have kept it going. now DEVER is keeping it moving and MOVER and HIGH are too. its a shame philly can't compete on the train scene becasue (*knock on wood*) our spots are still way chill. our peoples from ARIZONA came out recently (APEL ng and FYCE ng, and more recently, 21RAK lies, ng) and theyre always like "this is ridiculous easy!" no helicopters, no barbed wire, hell no fences. its crazy un-taken advantaged of. but shit....the west coast may have rugged fr8 lay-ups...but they dont have tunnels, rooftops , or bus rhoutes like we got.....cant front on that.

peace.....

(damn, long winded....)

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

damn nise

we gotta meet up

i gotta pick your brain

gotta learn more...

every morning i see that curve throwie way up high, right across from city hall. same building as AGUA and KEM and am stupified. i usually dont even think im worthy of "graffiti wroter" status watching people like CURVE, KEMOS, ENEM, AGUA, CENSE, CREAD, CAEM, CREEP etc. etc. etc...im not a real social guy, so i havent and dont try to meet alot of writers. if i bump into them or are introduced and they seem like good people... coolio. but im not really a networking kinda guy. anyways, i have ran into CURVE a few times and he always seemed really down to earth and friendly to me. he was walking around a writers meeting with a book just saying "yo. whats up? im CURVE. you wanna hit my book up?" not alot of ego. after nearly everyone broke, a few of us sat in the rain just shootin the shit. DET's got some stories about crazy ass AGUA, lol... like i said, i dont know alot of heads, but i know the ones i see. in NE its all NEP cats, but downtown, the "out of towners" have it locked (read:MSP).

Guest Good Morning Captain

hating haters hating on haters

If I was curve I would take all the hate and attention as a compliment. Alot of philly writters hate on out of towners and people who are actually putting in work because alot of them are narrow minded jealous toys.

Guest HESHIANDET
those superflats are so funny, cause they dont go too far (philly-pittsburgh-chicago, then back) but mad heads in philly paint them cause theyre so easy to paint (totally flat, not hump, no bar, no ridges...) but if all the kids that painted those wouldve painted boxcars, philly would have a little more rep. for instance, NOPE and MEAK have painted some fresh fr8s, but they always paint those damn superflats that almost NO ONE sees....its a shame. trust me, people have tried to explain fr8s to philadelphians, but they dont get them. i know, cause i didnt get them either till i moved to the midwest. philly kids see it as an absolute waste of paint...but if they are gonna do one, god forbid, it sure as hell aint gonna be some car with a ladder, a bar, ridges, etc....they dont understand what travels and what don't. its a shame.
so true.

Alot of philly writters hate on out of towners and people who are actually putting in work because alot of them are narrow minded jealous toys.
even more true

Guest Good Morning Captain
Originally posted by sparkizm

oh yeah youngbull seza he killed the yard...

No he heated up the yard even more than it already was, but I sweatin it.

Archived