Philly Hands from 215 and NYC...

Guest ASTISM

that first one on the second page is that saga and gage up there.and the 4play he used to wreck shit. I remember walking in wp and seeing 4play like every 3 feet just getting dirty and riping shit. Also cat if anyone has cat pictures . he used tio go ballistic on blocks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL is amazed at how much more amazing this post got. WE also are happy good ol' RATE got included. RATE has fans in scary places.......

hmmm...not much more after a weekend...i guess we were all out. i love the 4PLAY...he's another great underrated writer..just like RUTA.

someone mentioned CAT....CRAZYCAT is insane....ive seen that guy do tags on the ENTIRE side of mini-vans....and not liek whitetruck delivery vans...im talking about like a passenger, family owned mini-van!!!! how ill is that? to wake up in the morning to take your kids to school, and theres an enitre philly tallprint covering your entire van. CAT is nuts. TERROR (TR) is underrated too. kiw in genereal is ill.

fox mulder: you got flix of that roof? that shit was pretty good, i think...except half of us were on shrooms...i think nemel scribbled over his won shit that night..he was bugging out....thats fresh some of those tags are still running...va is hot, man...id love to chill down there.....post that roof if you get chance..ive never seen it...we lef tthe next day and never got flicks.

whoever said theres a saga flick on here, i dont see it.....but, while hes mentioned, SAGA is busting out HARD in center city....hes got so many hot ass spots now its ridiculous....the lenghts you have to go to circumvent the buff is crazy, but hes taking them...hes been catching paint tags all around centercity and uptown....like the one at 16th and chestnut, he climbed a phone booth, then someother ledge and copped a silver tag above the arcade....its hot as shit, and unlikely to get buffed.....right now hes got like 20 spots like this all over centercity philly.....

dusty: yo, im sure we'll cross paths sooner or later...prolly at 700 club or something....peace.

saga on 16th and chestnut.. dope as spot... the comeup but the buff is still hitten harder then rocks... take it to the streets aint no prob to me drssed in black and tsrapped for the robbery.... stil only shit to stay runnin is downlow spots though.. aight peace out gotta eat some left over chinese food now

Guest kasmoney

PHILLY PHILLY PHILLY PHILLY PHILLY PHILLY

PHILADELPHIA WHERE CRAFT IS STILL KING!

MORE HANDS THEN CANS!:king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

the second print aint very good.but the first one next 2 tramp is one of the better ons from that year.its cool its just there are some fucking kings being discused here. second os1 is not a crue anymore.step stabbed someone and is a jerk.he stabbed some one in the back and should be in jail.this is my best friend,we did

the majority of our painting together.did alot of dirt together.beat peoples ass,walked sick routes,like the one on c st.when shots rung out and interupted the quit night air.ran and ducked.fucked with them.made walls a joke.we just had fun ya know.laughing at you not with you.type shit.god bless you my nigga but ya snapped like a rubber band.

second i never claimed to be from philly.i hail from cincy and will punch you in the fuckin teeth.

this was a good thread over all.for sure.thanks for my respect.

its funny that you seen my shit in the apple nise.did a few little missions up der but nothing like the fuckin locals.god bless em.we were up there with caem,ecks,ced.kings nigga we ate it up,trying to take it all in.stayin in the trump over looking the park,with famous peoples children.its like a movie every time we go.

nobody gives a fuck.we were filming kmd do grates at like ten oclock.nobody gave a shit.its just part of the culture there.

philly kids dont paint like that.our prints are sacred.its so ill.in each respect.a wall coverd in wikets or tall prints is one of the best looking things being done in graffiti.but nyc kills with letters,much respect due.

god bless the u.s.

Yo, I gotta bump this one. A hot wicket takes so much skill. Doin it in a book is one thing but on the streets is another. As much as I've seen (and I been around) some hands got it and some don't. I'd like to break this down into parts of philly but I don't have much time on my hands right now. A hand isn't all that easy to develop right away. Lotsa people go right out with the pieces/throwies when they start if they don't got a good hand. There are still some people who don't know what the hand is all about either. It's just that they don't understand the point of a tag or they figure it is too "snazzy" or too "plain" You have to appreciate how it all started as well. Not many busted out a with a crazy piece right away, which could happen nowadays. I didn't really understand the hand at first but after realizing what's being done with it and what can be done with it, I learned to appreciate it more than I did. That's just me though. I think that there's a certain place for a tag and a certain place for something else. I guess you just gotta feel it....I'd talk a little more on the topic but I gotta run to lab... Peace for now. :king:

yo zem.....yeah i got lots of your shit flicked....i love all philly graff, bro, i dont discrimi-hate...i may roll with a lot of haters, but thats them, not me....i think everyone from philly is a hater basically...ive heard dudes that are best boys be like "his hand is soo weak" behind their back...philly writers can be defined by one word in my mind: BITTER. i spent 4 years not in philly, and they were the funnest years of graff for me...but on the other hand, those were also the weakest years of graff too, cause after you grow up and see a full-out tallprint wicket on the way to school, with an ill punch line....(like the ENAME TOP "i remain at the TOP like the sun..." on woodland ave, coming from my grandmas house..) after you see that shit, and understand how many years of history, practice, style, balls, wit, and bravado go into that shit, its REAAAAL hard to get excited by these kids around the country that paint like gobbledy-gook letters that arent even letterforms, and they have like mad fr8 rep, but dont even know how to do a straight-letter, or dont have but one handstyle....its real hard not to be like "do yall understand the culture i was raised in?!?!?!" seriously, philadelphia, if you really, REALLY get schooled on it, is the most beautiful graffiti on the planet....it makes the tribal gear/scribble jam cookie-cutter grafffiti seem so fad-like and so, well, shallow, i guess. and really white -washed i might add (i think philly is the only city left on the palnet where there's still 10X as amny black writers as white kids!)....but anyway, my point is, at some point you gotta decide whats more important, being bitter about how underrated philly is, and hating on everyone else, or learning to keep our love for philly to ourselves, and appreciate the rest of the country's steez for what it is.....i took the latter choice, and made mad friends around the country...kids are really more recpetive to philly graff than i thought (although, as on this thread you still have some tribal gear/raver/emo (you pick!) kids that have the audacity to hate on the culture that BEGAT what they do now!!) AND theres alot of good in other cities scenes....like BUDA in pittsburgh (spraycan art) REN in toronto, NYC fill-ins, SF hands, etc....philly is great, but theres more out there, you know?

so...bottom line...i keep tabs on everyone in philly....you and step, especially cause you guys ventured to bomb out near my way (the west philly suburbs...blue rhoute, etc..) but ive got flicks of lots of stuff, you guys did...all the way up in lansdale, poles near the zoo (just buffed last week), betsy ross bridge area, tacony-palmyra bridge area, swp.....i keep tabs bro...its a shame yall are beefin, you put in some good work. much respect, fuck all the haters.....same goes with GAGE (whos on here sometimes) i got mad gage flicks, and his old boy HEMP...hemp had some fat spots near Yeadon, where i grew up....and near all my old racks in clifton heights, etc....plus i think GAGE was cool with FIVEO who got up in my book alot back in the old trocadero HC days...the "stackhouse days" as my peoples would call them....i got love for almost every writer in philly...even the cats that x-ed me when i was outtastate...its all love. philly is too great to be petty about...one love to er'body....haha.

as for the philly "fill-ins" request, there isnt really a throwup culture in philly, but the i2i kids (DANE CLAD MESK) did have a style that we kinda called a dane-style (rip)...we repped it hard in like 97-98 (i had a really fat roof on 63rd and market with one until the buff came thru!!) its kind of like a simple bubble letter style, but its all gotta have the same tear-drop kinda shape...the really distinct feature is that every "E" has to have a "lazy-eye_ for the dot of the "e"....NOPE taught NEMEL these, NEMEL taught me...MEAK does them, LIQUID does them, KEM does em, DANE did em best...if any knows what im talkin about AND can post some, do me the favor....

peace.

Originally posted by taco bell bomber

that kadism tag on the door made me like this thread

what kadism tag????

also to ast: yo, you didnt answer, but was i right, is that an exer? i see e-x-e, but cant tell whats up with the 'r' ....is it exer or someone i dont know...?

IS that rate and aroe from BOSTON

In the first page most of those taggs look like ESPO.. but what eva. On the second page that is RATE AND AROE and they both r from boston but these flixx r from NY and philly... well good to seee boston in other areas. MR...DUEONE :king:

Re: IS that rate and aroe from BOSTON

Originally posted by DUE~the~DUE

In the first page most of those taggs look like ESPO.. but what eva. On the second page that is RATE AND AROE and they both r from boston but these flixx r from NY and philly... well good to seee boston in other areas. MR...DUEONE :king:

or could it be you are familiar with espo and that is just the philly style.

Originally posted by CONTWO

even though people hate anex so bad,i think he has a great hand,and joust,even though its not a philly hand is 10x dope,and indio is a nut!!!!

Funny i always thought joust was one of the OG old heads in this thing we call philly prints. As for whoever said they want to see throws there is a distinct philly throw nise mentioned it i like to call them fun letters

cause their quick fluid they can be oneliners just like our prints and its fun putting those eyes in the es Also those tear drops are a grat way to get the hand loose.

Guest YinzerXpress

nice post ast i really admire some philly hands. im gonna try and make my way out there soon ast or nise you have any suggestions about what areas got good shit.

peace

cres jyk.....

love that 215

I love philly shit, I was wondering if anyone has pix of agua's throw ups, I see him up all over everytime I go through,especially that one up with kem right in the middle of center city, but I'm sure there's a lot that I've missed. anything posted would be appreciated.

Guest emothug
Originally posted by niseNSF

yo zem.....yeah i got lots of your shit flicked....i love all philly graff, bro, i dont discrimi-hate...i may roll with a lot of haters, but thats them, not me....i think everyone from philly is a hater basically...ive heard dudes that are best boys be like "his hand is soo weak" behind their back...philly writers can be defined by one word in my mind: BITTER. i spent 4 years not in philly, and they were the funnest years of graff for me...but on the other hand, those were also the weakest years of graff too, cause after you grow up and see a full-out tallprint wicket on the way to school, with an ill punch line....(like the ENAME TOP "i remain at the TOP like the sun..." on woodland ave, coming from my grandmas house..) after you see that shit, and understand how many years of history, practice, style, balls, wit, and bravado go into that shit, its REAAAAL hard to get excited by these kids around the country that paint like gobbledy-gook letters that arent even letterforms, and they have like mad fr8 rep, but dont even know how to do a straight-letter, or dont have but one handstyle....its real hard not to be like "do yall understand the culture i was raised in?!?!?!" seriously, philadelphia, if you really, REALLY get schooled on it, is the most beautiful graffiti on the planet....it makes the tribal gear/scribble jam cookie-cutter grafffiti seem so fad-like and so, well, shallow, i guess. and really white -washed i might add (i think philly is the only city left on the palnet where there's still 10X as amny black writers as white kids!)....but anyway, my point is, at some point you gotta decide whats more important, being bitter about how underrated philly is, and hating on everyone else, or learning to keep our love for philly to ourselves, and appreciate the rest of the country's steez for what it is.....i took the latter choice, and made mad friends around the country...kids are really more recpetive to philly graff than i thought (although, as on this thread you still have some tribal gear/raver/emo (you pick!) kids that have the audacity to hate on the culture that BEGAT what they do now!!) AND theres alot of good in other cities scenes....like BUDA in pittsburgh (spraycan art) REN in toronto, NYC fill-ins, SF hands, etc....philly is great, but theres more out there, you know?

so...bottom line...i keep tabs on everyone in philly....you and step, especially cause you guys ventured to bomb out near my way (the west philly suburbs...blue rhoute, etc..) but ive got flicks of lots of stuff, you guys did...all the way up in lansdale, poles near the zoo (just buffed last week), betsy ross bridge area, tacony-palmyra bridge area, swp.....i keep tabs bro...its a shame yall are beefin, you put in some good work. much respect, fuck all the haters.....same goes with GAGE (whos on here sometimes) i got mad gage flicks, and his old boy HEMP...hemp had some fat spots near Yeadon, where i grew up....and near all my old racks in clifton heights, etc....plus i think GAGE was cool with FIVEO who got up in my book alot back in the old trocadero HC days...the "stackhouse days" as my peoples would call them....i got love for almost every writer in philly...even the cats that x-ed me when i was outtastate...its all love. philly is too great to be petty about...one love to er'body....haha.

as for the philly "fill-ins" request, there isnt really a throwup culture in philly, but the i2i kids (DANE CLAD MESK) did have a style that we kinda called a dane-style (rip)...we repped it hard in like 97-98 (i had a really fat roof on 63rd and market with one until the buff came thru!!) its kind of like a simple bubble letter style, but its all gotta have the same tear-drop kinda shape...the really distinct feature is that every "E" has to have a "lazy-eye_ for the dot of the "e"....NOPE taught NEMEL these, NEMEL taught me...MEAK does them, LIQUID does them, KEM does em, DANE did em best...if any knows what im talkin about AND can post some, do me the favor....

peace.

trasher is the king

Archived