VH1 Hip Hop Honors.

why write?

Originally posted by Casual T.@Oct 13 2004, 05:07 PM

Yeah I was fucking SHOCKED that in New York City, where the thing is East Coast biased to begin with, that they'd give a tribute to 2Pac without giving a tribute to Biggie. It left me scratching my head on that one.

Well, Tupac WAS from the Bronx...but I'm still wondering as to why they didn't give Big his due, as well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it was alright.....the five part documentary was sick though......the classic footage of everyone back then was nice to see----Rick Rubin's promotional skits for DefJam are priceless......

Originally posted by Wink ONE+Oct 14 2004, 12:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wink ONE - Oct 14 2004, 12:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Casual T.@Oct 13 2004, 05:07 PM

Yeah I was fucking SHOCKED that in New York City, where the thing is East Coast biased to begin with, that they'd give a tribute to 2Pac without giving a tribute to Biggie. It left me scratching my head on that one.

Well, Tupac WAS from the Bronx...but I'm still wondering as to why they didn't give Big his due, as well.

[/b]

He was from Brooklyn. But he was just born there but really didn't grow up there. He repped the West. He spent more time growing up in Oakland, CA than NYC.

Originally posted by seeking+Oct 14 2004, 01:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seeking - Oct 14 2004, 01:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Casual T.@Oct 13 2004, 05:07 PM

And what's with the midget stuff, Pac was like 5'10". For a man that's like medium/average height.

dude was 5'7", homie.

[/b]

Mugshot__Tupac-Shakur1.jpg

Well I think they measured him wrong and he's maybe an inch shorter. He probably had on boots or somethin.

This is probably more accurate:

2pacslicense.jpg

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 13 2004, 09:16 AM

seekings talking points:

*i hit mute for anything that has to do with nas.

*i hate that nas.

*their coverage of graff was pathetic, but whatever.

*kid rock is a really good dj. actually, he's one of those 'musical geniuses' that can play every instrument...well. (as can flavor flav...who knew?!)

*kid capri is not a good dj.

*flavor flav is awesome.

*i hate fat joe more than i hate nas (which is a lot.)

*im really stoked p.diddy has taken such charge of voting shit. i wish jay z and A.I. would put in as much work on it. the whole east coast would be in the booth.

*a tribute to tupac, but not a single mention of big?!?! fuck tupac. wack ass midget. the only good song he ever did was 'mind on my money' with mc breed. that shit right there is the jam!

*no mention of jam master jay?!?!

*vivica fox was funny (and would get banged).

*no moment of silence for big L? just kidding, i dont like him.

*no fat boys?!

*no mention of any of the movies that exposed hip hop culture to the world: beat street, breakin, wild style, style wars, etc.

*ice T is awesome.

*scott ian from anthrax is awesome.

*mike D looks like he lost all his money to a bad gambling addiction and now lives on deaths doorstep.

*MCA could give snoop a run for his money at the 'pimp of the year' awards (provided that oppression of women was not a stipulation of entry).

*did i mention hating the entire terror squad? now i did.

*krs-one makes want to throw up on myself and those nearest to me.

*DMC is awesome as shit, but run is played out.

*how come addiction and over dosing makes artists better, but jesus and sobriety ruins their careers? wtf is up with that?!

*no russel simmons or rick rubin?!

*adrock is still cool.

*grandmaster flash is pretty useless as anything but an icon.

*mad seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek end to ends in 05.

*south, what?! south side bronx!!

*no awesome dre and the hardcore comitte?! what, they cant show detroit some love?! thats bogus.

*everything after illmatic sucked nas, die.

*no MOP?!?!?!?!?!?! somebody's gonna get clapped (bucka, bucka, bucka, bucka, BLAWWWWWW).

*smashing pumpkins 'siamese dream' was not mentioned at all, but is a very good album none the less.

these have been my talking points for the afternoon.

everything you didnt see on the vh1 honors was indeed on the 5 part series they played last week. i missed the honors but the 30 years of hip hop was great

i thought it was good overall,lacked a little in the graff sector, they had lost everything old and new....flash and kidrock, RSC and whatever the new crew was, blah blah. Yea, i think it woulda been nice to see someone doing a huge piece in the background and see it evolve as the show goes on.

alll of youy jhomos talking about how the graff section was lacking l9ve men...you are the type do dudes who are like "yo graff is an art form, im just trying to express myself throuh my urban expressions by painting my moms shed "...that vh1 shit was corny unless you like 20 b boiz doing really hiphop stances every chance they get. yeah im drink...hip hop worldwide, 4 elementz

elements of hiphop?

sorry i think i purged that whole crap outta my memory ... it wont register..

on a sidenote..

i found out i can only stay in milwaulkee for no longer than 48 hours before i start slapping everybody i see eating flaming hot cheetos...and yelling at everybody to stop acting so fucking stereotypically black..

i'm not even gonna get started on white people on the bus..

and if i see one more hoopty with nice rims..

Archived