bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Been training like an idiot the last few weeks. I have an indoor trainer but for some reason my stupid ass has been out in the cold and wet putting in the miles. This weekend has been nothing but drenching rain. Yesterday I did three hours and today I did two. My clothes were still soaked from yesterdays ride when I got geared up for todays ride. $10 says I get sick... which is going to piss me off. Not sure why I'm even worried about being fit for January... racing doesn't start till the last week of February.

yep. that's called "artistic cycling", a small, strange talent act that survives in circuses and who knows where else. they use a 1 to 1 ratio to keep all that control. if you rode one of those bikes it'd probably be pretty hard and annoying to get it above 10mph. and yeah, it requires a shitload of balance and talent but... kinda bores me after awhile.

craziest traffic evading video i've seen yet. first minute is eh, the rest of it is gold. i may get hesh's wrath for this one...

anyone spoiling themselves with some bike gifts this xmas? i'm trying to get a used dura crankset for my rain bike if all goes through, only because what the seller is asking seems like a pretty damn good deal. that and a 3t mutant stem hopefully...

joker, you got some balls. the rain has been getting prety intense with no end in sight...

my boy had a Mercier, and he covered all the logos that are plastered on the damn thing and it made a world of difference, aesthetically. i'm assuming that's where you want to take it as far as modifications, because the bike should hold together fine for a while. higher quality drivetrain and non-aesthetic parts won't really make a difference to someone who's new, so ride it till shit breaks and then replace from there. it looks like you've got the stem pulled pretty far out and the seat jammed all the way down, which does tend to make the bike look less aggressive, but that's just my opinion. when you're riding, is your leg fully extended when the pedal is at its lowest point? just wondering because the way you've got it set up it looks like the bike might be a tad big. i ride my bikes a little on the smaller side, though, so that's not necessarily relevant. as i recall, those bikes come with pedals that limit your toe clip options, so maybe that'd be a good first "mod"... MKS pedals are cheap and allow the use of a far wider range of clips, including metal, which will feel a bit better than those stock plastic clips. My homie who has a Mercier is still mostly stock and it's been over a year now, and the thing's held together damn well for a ~$300 bike... good luck though. ride safe.

my boy had a Mercier, and he covered all the logos that are plastered on the damn thing and it made a world of difference, aesthetically. i'm assuming that's where you want to take it as far as modifications, because the bike should hold together fine for a while. higher quality drivetrain and non-aesthetic parts won't really make a difference to someone who's new, so ride it till shit breaks and then replace from there. it looks like you've got the stem pulled pretty far out and the seat jammed all the way down, which does tend to make the bike look less aggressive, but that's just my opinion. when you're riding, is your leg fully extended when the pedal is at its lowest point? just wondering because the way you've got it set up it looks like the bike might be a tad big. i ride my bikes a little on the smaller side, though, so that's not necessarily relevant. as i recall, those bikes come with pedals that limit your toe clip options, so maybe that'd be a good first "mod"... MKS pedals are cheap and allow the use of a far wider range of clips, including metal, which will feel a bit better than those stock plastic clips. My homie who has a Mercier is still mostly stock and it's been over a year now, and the thing's held together damn well for a ~$300 bike... good luck though. ride safe.

nah, I got the stem all the way up casue like I said...when I ride i dont like being all hunched over...so i pulled it up. I mean its a 52 and I am about 5'9".

I really like this bike...since I bought it I have been riding it all the time everywhere....my car is sad. LOL

alright...noob status here so go easy

I got a Mercier Kilo TT

bike.jpg

any other suggestions?

On the back of your stem there is a line marked off. That is the minimum insertion

height. If your stem it higher than that line it can come loose and fall out. Easily.

Yours looks too high. Make sure it's not above the line. Your life depends on it.

Seriously.

Now...

Enjoy the ride.

On the back of your stem there is a line marked off. That is the minimum insertion

height. If your stem it higher than that line it can come loose and fall out. Easily.

Yours looks too high. Make sure it's not above the line. Your life depends on it.

Seriously.

Now...

Enjoy the ride.

Oh word!!! Thanks, yeah it was a little to high, i lowered it.. still feels fine to me. not to much hunched over

alright...noob status here so go easy

I got a Mercier Kilo TT

bike.jpg

I want to upgrade to make this thing sweet as hell

any opinions

I just got some bullhorn handle bars for this thing, cause I really dont use the drops.

Looking for a new cog...(thanks shai)

any other suggestions?

hate to be the dick but someone's gotta do it. either your seats too low or your frame is way too big for you. when the seat is borderline resting on the top tube, this indicates bad fit. also, if you want to be more upright, get riser bars.

hate to be the dick but someone's gotta do it. either your seats too low or your frame is way too big for you. when the seat is borderline resting on the top tube, this indicates bad fit. also, if you want to be more upright, get riser bars.

kinda what i was getting at, without being a dick... riser bars with some good grips can be one if not THE most comfortable setups... not to mention cheap and practical... obviously he's not going for aerodynamics. get some generic risers and a set of Oury's and i'm sure you'll be digging life.

figured i'd throw this out there... could give a fuck about the people who detest deep v's and the whole nine... this was taken before her maiden voyage... she's beat to piss now and i love her only more. 1980 lugged steel Melton (US) track frame built with columbus tubing and campagnolo dropouts... just a hybrid of what i decided was in my realm of preferred parts. only thing different about her now is a jaguar stem and risers... oh and lots of rock chips...

Bike_7.jpg

actually, getting on it....you guys are right. My seat is to low (like I said, noob status)

when the pedal is at its lowest point my knees is really bent, not slight like some internet sites say.

also i can stand on the balls or almost my whole foot while on the seat....

but I like that kind of safety but I guess i am only hurting myself...i might raise it up but this is how i am comfortable

:(

dont judge me

What is the point of the super skinny hard seats that everyone seems to be riding on? They are really, REALLY fucking uncomfortable to me. I replaced my stock seat with a cheap seat from a local shop that has a good amount of padding. It's not a cruiser seat or anything. But anyway, my question was what's the reason behind riding on a seat like that. Especially if you're doing miles and miles. Please enlighten me.

1980 lugged steel Melton (US) track frame built with columbus tubing and campagnolo dropouts...Bike_7.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melton. Respect.

I had a Melton. A friend has it now. Gorgeous racing machine.

Yo do you know how rare that bike is?

The quality and craftsmanship is second to nothing. Melton is a very

accomplished American builder. He made all the USA team track bikes

for the 82 Olympics. Man the lugs on mine were so finely filed to such

sharp points. Clean lines the whole way through. Fork was tighter though.

23c only. Same head lugs too.

Wow.

You have an incredible bicycle.

Take care of it.

oh man.

i have access to a spin 3-spoke.

650 even.

lead in the video needs to pull in his left knee.

i mean he is a real NYC messenger though.

or at least that is what youtube told me.

overly padded saddles make your ass and balls go numb.

done giving directions on the internet.

the trainer apparatus...

pistatrainer1.jpg

pace!