bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well, the 2's, 1's, and Pro's race together for the majority of the races. So the only real difference between a 2 and a 1 are personal levels of fitness or simply amount of time racing. To upgrade, you earn points by placing well. So when a 2 upgrades to a 1, nothing changes on the basis of what they are racing. However, more of the higher profile domestic races are Pro/1 only, so the 1 becomes eligible for that. And a 1 will generally get more attention from teams looking for riders.

Well, the 2's, 1's, and Pro's race together for the majority of the races. So the only real difference between a 2 and a 1 are personal levels of fitness or simply amount of time racing. To upgrade, you earn points by placing well. So when a 2 upgrades to a 1, nothing changes on the basis of what they are racing. However, more of the higher profile domestic races are Pro/1 only, so the 1 becomes eligible for that. And a 1 will generally get more attention from teams looking for riders.

word, i knew that stuff, i was wondering if there was a HUGE gap in fitness and training. thanks.

The slide show was pretty cool. I didn't bother having the volume on because I know it was going to ruin it for me. King Kog is a pretty clever name. The track images were interesting and I like that they gave some attention to the masters riders. The street images... nothing new.

Thanks for the link!

that gan well pro with risers is terrible.

edit - all three from the "in the shop" part are gut wrenching.

gut wrenching in that they look like they came out of the bay i guess. if a complete stranger wants to have two aerospokes on his bike i could care less. now, if a close friend came up to me and said they were going to do the same i'd talk a bunch of shit and whatnot about things like 'impracticality', but that's a different story. there's a lot worse things being ridden on the roads: fragile department store bikes come to mind.

little b/g info:

johnny coast is a rad guy. i actually became friends w/ him through a job and we are COMPLETE opposites but soon as the bike thing came up when we saw each other riding to the office one morning it was on. big up, johnny coast.

the kissena guys are awesome. they have a tight club and are very welcoming to new members riders etc. i would do some group rides w/ them in central park and it was a serious but low asshole vibe. very rare. big up to them and the kissena velodrome. place rules.

Wow... they must go through a lot of tires. Cool enough video I guess. Nothing too impressive but that's because most of that stuff I used to do when I was a teenager on a BMX bike that was set up for street tricks. Small gear in front and fixed gear in back with no front brake. That whole fad lasted about ten seconds.

I've got just enough money saved to get a new fixed gear bike. Waiting till June 1st when a friends new shop opens. Gotta spend my money in the right places!

i predict joker goes to bike central and buys either that fancy cinelli or guerciotti track frame hanging on the wall, tubular wheel setup, and campy where it counts, than immediately go to alpenrose... but who knows, maybe he'll blow my mind and build up a fixed beach cruiser instead :)

edit: nevermind, didn't notice the "new friends shop opening up" thing. is it gonna be a new shop in portland or what?