bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know why such silly things make me happy, but adding these white Hudz to my bike has me all geeked like I'm five years old and I just got the Smokey and the Bandit Firebird Hot Wheels car...

3506612300_674f1a8333.jpg

Hey Rubbish... were you racing tonight? What happened in that sprint?

Joker - no I didn't do PIR tonight. I guess a bad crash in the 3/4's meant the 1/2/3's had to be taken off the field. There was a damn 3/4 crash last week too.. and a few others in the past month. Ugh.

I'm either gonna do Eric K this Saturday or Icebreaker this Sunday.

PS That is one ballin bike. The cockpit looks burly as hell!

I might do Icebreaker as well. Gotta see what my paycheck looks like first.

The result the crash looked bad. Yeah, we hadba lap to go in our race but Candy called it quits. After seeing that guy sprawled out on the tarmac... I was fine with going home.

Word. If I do Icebreaker it'll be my first real crit. that course is a nice warm up spin from my place as well, so it's always nice not to have to drive for a couple hours to go race. Hope it's fun. I already do most of my intervals at that course. I'm still not super confident about riding those corners fast in a group though, but I have no idea what the speeds will be pre-sprint,

Another Thursday, another fast group ride. We did 25mph with a strong headwind, and when we looped around, got 29-30mph pacelines with a tailwind.

Felt good today, helped the group bridge some gaps and chase down some breaks. About 1/4 into the ride I found myself in the front after a descent with a strong cat 1 teammate and a few other guys taking pulls... got myself in over my head on that one because the head winds at that point were killer and my legs were feeling it. I had to drop back into the main group and get comfortable in the middle, but atleast the "accordion" effect isn't that bad when all the guys in front of you stand up and you can catch a nice draft seated in the drops. I love that. Sit far back on the saddle and mash. Once again got dropped at the "sprinter's hill" 3 or 4 miles from the finish of the 27 mile loop. It's a nice 5% grade just long enough that you get really sick of standing while the top is in sight. The cat 1/2 guys all thrash that hill and end anyone else's chances of staying on with some 20+mph climbing... Either way, nothing beats "racing" without paying.

So much damn fun. Should be pretty rested and recovered before Sunday's crit if all goes well!

some asshole stole the cover off of my toptube pad last night

while the bike was parked outside a bar.

so many things wrong with that statement, i know,

but it still sucked when i realized it nearly all the way back home.

ive had that pad since i was riding my 16 inch red schwinn predator.

then i woke up with a hangover.

sweet!

eh my hub was loose (noticed while riding far from home base) and i stoped at REI real quick and they fixed it for free, its pretty simple. still though prob worth 20 bucks to have them do it if u dont have the time/tools. the bike will ride better. if u dont have 20 bucks to spare u can do it yourself.

I like chopped liver and onions.... :(

I bought a 73 (74?) Nishiki Olympiad during the winter. All steel, 10 speed, and Shimano gear, it's great. It needs a tune up, but I'll get that done right before I go to Israel.

I love it.

edit:It's the one in the forground.

26246285671563561509063.jpg

so at the risk of sounding newb-ish...

im doing my damdest (damnedest, damndest, dammdest...hmmm) to try and learn about building/fixing bikes but due to my as of yet undiagnosed learning disorder i have a hard time with it...as i do with everything else..

so how did y'all learn about bike stuff? granted i realize that people on here have been doing it for years, but did anyone take any classes? apprenticeships? etc?

i got some people im learning off from im probably just impatient (i am) and want to know now)