the radiohead topic

Guest beardo

...wed night i saw brad meldhau? who you aske? you dont know, you should find out....anyway i saw him down at the village vanguard...woah!....what does this pertain to the radiohead thread, patience patience....after an amazing bass solo for five minutes, brad begins to gently move his nimble and brilliant fingers over the ivory keys, and im beging to see this picture in my head come into focus...ever so clear, everything making sense....everything in its right place...20 minute jazz trio version...amazing...all hunched over the piano, elbows out, head down....just blowing right through the song...mezmerized...mingus, davis, coltrane, pictures all on the wall, and heres this 27 year old kid, banging out radiohead....the only cd ive heard of his is called places...but he has many out...do you ears a favor...rOe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha...no taping...that place is soooo god dam tight about that, its all over their website too...dont think i wasnt looking for someone with a recorder in their pocket...i think its because they end up releasing alot of the shows that go on there...but....i do have brad mehldau doing paranoid android and exit music that i want to put on cd for ya...and anyone else) for the next swap...both are super recordings and i think its just him on solo piano...but that okay cause the dood is in octopus with eight hands playing....more info to come...r

edit to add pauses btw thoughts.....

yeah dude, i got em.. check your mail, i thought i sent ya an email saturday or sunday but the past few days have been a bit of an alcoholic haze cause my roommate turned 21 saturday, so i might have thought i sent it and really didn't or something. :dazed: :stretch: :scramble: :spent: i got em friday i think.. they're amazing man. i'll hit you off with an email whenever i get the oxford show, should be this week but who knows when i'll meet up with her. many thanks for the best package i've ever got.

and i second that ps

lol...i never got an email you drunken stoned bastard! im sure it woulda been a drunken discombobulated gibberish....hahahahaha...blacking out an shit! oh the string of 21 bdays they are wonderful drunken messes for days and days....cool glad ya got it and glad ya dig it, i was kinda worried that i fucked up on the addie....hope they all burn okay...enjoy dood...and spread that shit around....

PS

to anyone in the thread i have a "few" radiohead shows, all on mp3 but pretty dam good, if anyone of you would like a few shows put on a cd so that you can burn em lemme know...im way to much of a procrastinator to burn them all myself and thus youll get em in two weeks rather then two months...anyway thats the deal...all i aske is you spread it....lemme know....

peace....rOe

• 2 weeks later...

walking...walking...walking walking walking... walking...walking... walking

***everyone from w.a.s.t.e. fan club got a little xmas email greeting from thom, thought id share, since its the thread of fans, im sure it extends to all of you as well.....cheers...rOe****

violence breeds violence

we need a world court

not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware

lecturing us on world security

we need love and understanding and tolerance and good laws that apply

to everyone, upheld by those who are in a position to judge

praying for world peace is not such an embarrassing thing to do anymore i think

especially not this christmas.

thank you everybody on w.a.s.t.e. for still listening and sticking with

us and understanding the records we make,

i hope your christmas is peaceful and loving and spiritual.

does that sound silly?

don't care.

thom

• 1 month later...

...just stopping by to drop some little notes....

1)Spin's 50 Greatest Bands of All Time

Radiohead made it to # 15 in Spin magazine's 50 Greatest Bands of All Time. Here's the excerpt from the article:

On 1995's The Bends, Radiohead were a compelling young Brit-pop band, but with follow-up OK Computer, they spooked rock fans into a new level of obsession. The album's brooding minor chords and white-noise buzz grew more claustrophobic with each track, even as Thom Yorke's personal-yet-impersonal lyrics made songs about car crashes and crushed insects somehow moving. Newer bands began to cop Radiohead's paranoid but confessional, slurry but catchy approach. In response, they sighed deeply and recorded Kid A, somehow transforming glitchy prog rock into classic pop.

2)Radiohead's Amnesiac has been nominated for two Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Music Album and Best Recording Package.(HELL YEAH I LOVE THEIR DESIGN)

Nigel Godrich was nominated for Producer of the Year for the second year in a row for his work on Amnesiac and The Invisible Band by Travis.

(YOU GUYS REMEMBER THAT SHIT WHEN STEELY DAN WON OVER KID A! KILL YOUR LOCAL GRAMMY OFFICAL!!!)

3)Elijah Wood In a recent interview with Premiere magazine, Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood gave some Radiohead life philosophy:

One of the girls thrusts a video camera at him. “Would you mind saying something for the camera?” she asks. Her friends twitter. Wood faces the camera, closes his eyes for a moment, and then says, “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self.” The girls stop giggling. They thank him and leave the restaurant while Wood repeats the line, which he picked up off a Radiohead website. “Don’t you think that’s true?” he asks, not noticing the girls now standing outside the window and quickly descending upon another cute boy, who wears a tennis visor and mugs for the camera. “So much time is wasted on trying to be better than others.”

4)It appears that Radiohead will begin touring again sometime in June or July in Portugal. Musicnet.pt is reporting the following (translated from Portuguese):

"Radiohead will return to Portugal this year. Musicnet has learned that one of the biggest Portuguese showbiz production companies, Tournée, is preparing to bring Thom Yorke's group for 3 concerts, two in the Atlantic Pavillion in Lisbon and the other in Oporto. The gigs will occur around June/July.

Meanwhile, "Amnesiac", the last LP from Radiohead was considered by the Musicnet's visitors as the Best 2001 Album."

This news has also been announced by various other Portuguese media, including Radio Commercial, the largest radio station in Portugal, but has yet to be officialy announced and confirmed by Radiohead's management.

So far no other dates have been announced but if these Portuguese dates are confirmed, expect others...

SO WHO WANTS TO GO TO EUROPE THIS SUMMER?

all taken verbatim from http://www.greenplastic.com....anyways just bored on a friday listening to nice dreams.....peace...rOe

sweaty nuggets.

i just remembered what i forgot to post a while back-

'slimeball' and myself were at a bar/restaurant over my vacation to NM, and some cracked out lady with an acoustic sets up and starts playing (happy hour) after a couple horrible originals she breaks out a FANTASTIC version of CREEP! so psyched. i blocked her out after that.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by T.T Boy

bump for me rediscovering ok computer. what a great album.

as is the song karma police/

dam thats a good cd i havent much of the shit after that......i should probley check the newer shit out no money though...............///....

Originally posted by -Rage-

Yo, TT...do you have The Bends? It's another must have for Radiohead. Sooooo many good songs. You'll love it.

yeah man, i love that album. the title track is actually my favourite.

betcha didnt think i was a radiohead fan

A lot of people rag on the newer stuff. Sure, it's a little weird and "avant-garde" but I like it. And the newer non-experimental stuff like Pyramid Song, How to Disapper, and Life in a Glass House are some of their best stuff. It's not often you see a band have the balls to go completely off the track. Kudos, Radiohead, kudos......

i would be a carrot, leading the horse on a path to nowhere in particular

Vegetable

I never wanted anything but this,

I worked hard, tried hard.

I ran around in domestic bliss,

I fought hard, died hard.

Everytime you're running out of here,

everytime you're running I get the fear.

I never wanted any broken bones,

scarred face, no home.

Your words surround me and I asphyxiate,

and I burn all hate.

Everytime you're running out on me

everytime you're running I can see.

I'm not a veg'table,

I will not control myself.

I spit on the hand that feeds me,

The waters break, the waters run all over me.

The waters break, the waters run

and this time you're gonna pay.

I'm not a veg'table,

I spit on the hand that feeds me,

Originally Released: February 1993

Found on: Pablo Honey

This song has never been explained by the band, but likely deals with personal problems Thom had with friends when Radiohead was signed. It ponders the reactions of his pals to his newfound success. "Vegetable" was a live favorite, though it exited set lists around the summer of 1995.

Archived