the radiohead topic

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

from greenplastic....ive been trying like hell to find something to bump this back up....today i bring you something special, esp. for the PJ heads:

Eddie Vedder's "Creep"

The Pearl Jam site the sky i scrape, http://www.theskyiscrape.com/ has a mp3 of Eddie Vedder and Sean “Birdman” Gould performing Radiohead's "Creep." You can find the mp3 in the "multimedia" section of the site.

later...........

Guest Pilau Hands

SCHUPER SCHWEET...

Be Right Back...

Okay...so I guess there's two ways I can talk about this...

1) RH and PJ fan:

It was fucking cool. Thanks Roe! Shibby. end.

2) If I was a internet trader guy

Eh it was okay. I mean it was awesome to hear, but he's not exactly singing Creep. It's the instrumental, but different lyrics from what I can tell. Maybe he was trying to remember it or make it up off the top of his head like with Yellow Ledbetter. Besides, Eddie doesn't exactly have the whinyness that makes Thom's singing this so powerful. Eddie's got his own sound, and while it's cool that he lends it to this music, it's not the same. Plus it's lacking that slow break down in the end that just makes it all come together so nicely. The sound quality's pretty bad too. It sounds like they were playing live and just said, "What the hell." All in all it was cool though. end.

I like the first way better.

I don't want to be that guy.

who's Sean “Birdman” Gould? could you fill me in?

nevermind...did some reading.

• 2 weeks later...

i still havent DLd it.......

but your description of creep, is right on....im surfe if you saw eddie pull that shit out live it woulda been off the chain....i figured the sound was probably shit....it was more of just a cool thing to peep....

funny thing is that ive thought about that before and really creep i figured would be the song that pj could cover....itd be tough for em to do any thing post bends....maybe some shit on OK.....

"Plus it's lacking that slow break down in the end that just makes it all come together so nicely..."

aint that the truth....so glad you dug those discs....listen to you break it down!!

man ive been away for a few days.....

oh yeah on last thing:

FIRST SHOW TONITE IN LISBON PORTUGAL!!!!

Guest beardo

the fabulous abnormality 223 kicked me down with some nice SP boots.. i'll try to spread the love.

>>FIRST SHOW TONITE IN LISBON PORTUGAL!!!!

cant wait to see the setlist

cant wait to see the setlist eh beards? will you wont have to amigo.....;)

First Set:

There There

Scatterbrain

Up On The Ladder

We Suck Young Blood

Strangely Enough

I Will

Sail to The Moon

Myxomatosis

A Punch Up At A Wedding

Second Set:

I Might Be Wrong

Morning Bell

Karma Police

You & Whose Army?

No Surprises

Dollars & Cents

The National Anthem

Climbing Up The Walls

Pyramid Song

Airbag

Paranoid Android

Idioteque

Everythig In Its Right Place

Encore:

Lift

Street Spirit

The Bends

How To Disappear

Guest imported_Tesseract

If Radiohead were terrorists you two would be top spies....

Yours Trully/bad joke extravaganza 2002

yo tess you can call me osama with drama.....

i said the same thing when i saw the full second set...i love not knowing one song in the first......fact is too that its a banging second set and encore...hotttttttt.....glad they are still pairing up idio and everything.....EIIRP is such a off the chain closer....solid mix of all albums.....who want to go on tour?

beards as far as your rice crispy querry goes, im just playing the waiting game...as far as your other cds, i got four down and one random one to go....tell seeks to fire up the burner cause im sending ya about 30 shows....

Guest beardo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

!

haha that was my response too

no soundcard at work makes beardz a sad sad boy

Setlist from 2nd show

Here's the full setlist of the 2nd Lisbon show:

There There

Scaterbrain

Sail to the moon

Wolf from the door

Myxomatosis

A punch up at a wedding

Sit down. Stand up

Lucky

Karma police

I might be wrong

Morning bell

Exit music

Talks show host

My iron lung

Pyramid song

Idioteque

Everything in it's right place

First Encore:

National Anthem

Fake plastic trees

Go to sleep

How to disappear

Second Encore:

We suck young blood

Street Spirit

3rd set, with fans take on it:

There there

Punch up at a wedding

Myxomatosis [Thom wears a little keyboard guitar… and says before song “don’t I look cool”… someone shouted out ‘Rolf Harris’ and Thom said “I don’t look like Rolf Harris” hehe]

We suck young blood [introduced song as “this next song is a horror song, we suck young blood!!!”]

Go to sleep [before song, Thom said “this one doesn’t have a name, and that’s not all it doesn’t have…. And no I’m not gonna tell you”]

I will [Thom introduced this song by saying “this is not by the Beatles”]

Sit down stand up

I might be wrong

Morning bell [crowd doing flamingo hand claps start of song, Thom impressed said “we should have had that when we recorded it]

Just

Exit music

Dollars and cents

National anthem

Lucky

Paranoid android

Idioteque [totally rocked tonight]

Everything in its right place (Thom sat down at organ to start song, started singing few lines, by himself before stating EIIRP, the Manics “if you tolerate this, your children will be next”)

Encore 01

You and whose army

Talk show host

*new song* where I end and you begin [Jonny was on a moog, didn’t play guitar, Thom played black electric guitar.. cool new tune, little bit experimental, not very fast]

pyramid song

Encore 02

[crowd wicked tonight… singing Ole Ole Ole before they came on stage, band mimed kicking football around stage to every member]

Sail to the moon

Karma Police

After everything in right place, Thom walked along front row and shaked each persons hand – really shakin' hands/looking at each person in eye…

4th show:

There There

Scatterbrain

Keep the Wold From the Door

Myxomatosis

Sail to the Moon

Up on the Ladder

Lift

I Might Be Wrong

Morning Bell

My Iron Lung

In Limbo

Lucky

Talk Show Host

Climbing up the Walls

Pyramid Song

Paranoid Android

Idioteque

Everything In Its Right Place

First Encore:

The National Anthem

Where I End and You Begin

You and Whose Army

Fake Plastic Trees

Second Encore:

Sit Down, Stand Up

Exit Music

Third Encore:

Just

Street Spirit

final show, little creep thrown in:

There There

Scatterbrain

Where I End And You Begin

I Will

Up on the Ladder

A Punch Up at a Wedding

Sit Down, Stand Up

Lucky

I Might Be Wrong

In Limbo

No Surprises

Dollars and Cents

National Anthem

Pyramid Song

Paranoid Android

Idioteque

First Encore:

Like Spinning Plates

Go to Sleep

Airbag

How to Disappear Completely

Second Encore:

We Suck Young Blood

Karma Police

Third Encore:

Creep

come on glue you know the deal.....by the way, whats the replacement time on getting those cds again? yes i know i still owe you boatloads of mp3s but im waiting to see if any new shows drop....in the mean time:

July 30, 2002 - Teatro Kursal, Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain

Setlist:

There There

Scatterbrain

Wolf at the Door

We Suck Young Blood

Myxomatosis

A Punch Up at a Wedding

Sit Down, Stand Up

I Might Be Wrong

Morning Bell

Lucky

Talk Show Host

My Iron Lung

Exit Music

Dollars and Cents

Pyramid Song

National Anthem / hunting bears

Idioteque

First Encore:

Like Spinning Plates

Airbag

Climbing Up the Walls

Paranoid Android

Second Encore:

Sail to the Moon

How to Disappear Completely

The show tonight in San Sebastian (7/30) was pretty fantastic. Here's a quick review of the new songs I typed right when i got home.

Sit Down Stand Up is sooo amazingly great it's easily my favourite of all the new songs, before it Thom said "This demands great accuracy so please do not distract us in any way" The greatness became clear as thing song invokes both piano wailing thom and idioteque bersezk arm flailing thom. Sort of a combination of idioteque and the live version of like spinning plates. genius

There There also very sweet johnny and ed play mini drum setups with two toms, This song's chorus i think is really brilliant and it's going to be in my head for days i think.

Scatterbrain I am not sure about yet. It's not really especially memorable but maybe it's a grower.

Myxomytosis rocks pretty well and should please a lot of fans looking for the guitar type radiohead sound.

keep the wolf at the door has thom rapping. enough said?

sail to the moon is very pretty, sort of fake plastic in it's vein i would say but a lot more "tin pan alley" in it's arraingment

the jazzy break down on we suck young blood is amazing

drunken punch up is really effin' solid also. It seems like the new songs are pretty piano heavy.Thom played it quite a bit. Some of the suggestions from the crowd included, Big Ideas, Candle in the Wind, and the omnipresent Free Bird.

They tucked National Anthem and Airbag into the middle of the sets and opened the sort of "non-new song section" with I might be wrong. Everything in it's right place seemed a little rocky at points but it wasn't an issue because thom came down and sat on the edge of the stage.

The crowd was really into it the whole time I talked to some people who were going to everyshow on the tour. I am going to try and get another ticket for tomorrow.

Great show. Amazing venue. Probably the nicest theater i've seen (if you like modern design that is) Way better than the last show i went to which was the hollywood bowl. I was only about 60-70ft from the stage (assigned seating)

Guest beardo

:idea: how bout when im done burning the shows you sent me, mental, i send them off to Glue. saves you having to burn a bunch more discs. maybe we could get some kind of circulation of these discs going (and future ones)

beards, to be honest with you, once i sat down and just committed myself to it, it took like maybe two days, on and off...so really since i got it on my computer at work already, itd be hella easier for me....you just worry about taking advantage of that laptop bro.....

glue im gonna play my bluff and see if some 02 shows set up....

rumor is mid march 03 for the album.......:eek:

Guest imported_Tesseract

Peeping this thread is a guilty pleasure...haha

You're real jedi's with this shit

tess i think youd fall in love with their posters and album designs....if you never seen any, peep it next time your in the cd shop....fresh

they actually one a grammy shammy for their art work...i guess somehow the music went over the heads of the critics....go figure

Archived