the radiohead topic

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just talking to one of the mountain bike guys about it being nice if they toured somewhere where we could double up on a trip. Colorado singletrack and Radiohead definitely fits the bill. There's a good chance I'll be in Boston 4-5 days after the NY show. I was hoping those dates would work together more than they did.

drum roll please..........

looks like back to back nights of radiohead....mmmmmmm....saucy

i expect to see all of you there....

Beacon Theatre

It now appears that Radiohead will be performing at New York's Beacon Theatre on Friday, June 6. The show will be a taping for MTV and there is an auction for tickets with proceeds going to charity.

More info soon...

(thanks to Rex)

Guest beardo

if i can get a ticket id surely be going, cant pass up the beacon dude..

im on track to convincing myself i shouldnt spend $50+ to see the lips.

Guest beardo

that contest looks badass. i know some friends have been trying to motivate to make some videos, what a perfect flame under the ass..

this just in.......stay tuned......

A charity auction for two front-row tickets to a June Radiohead concert at New York's Beacon Theatre has been removed from online auction site eBay. A spokesperson for beneficiary the TJ Martell Foundation tells Billboard.com the date for the concert is not yet confirmed and that the organization hopes to re-start the auction at a later date.

The show, which will be taped for broadcast by MTV, was initially announced for June 6, a day before Radiohead's headlining set at the Field Day Festival in Calverton, Long Island, N.Y. Bidding for the two tickets had reached well over $2,000 by late yesterday afternoon.

elite???

what the hell was i before???.....

anyways that cover kicks ass....and yeah i liked the NYT review.....

RADIOHEAD: `HAIL TO THE THIEF' (Capitol) The advance word was that this album was a return to the rock of the group's 1995 album "The Bends," but once a band has evolved as far as Radiohead has, it is impossible to go backward. So while "Hail," due in June, may be more song-oriented than recent Radiohead albums, it incorporates elements of the drive, the drone, the drift and the dance of all the group's previous CD's. Exquisitely layered yet stubbornly minimal, "Hail," like much of the band's other work, slowly opens after multiple listens.

on again...off again....on again......off....on....off....on

Beacon Theatre show

Green Plastic has been informed that the Radiohead concert being filmed by MTV at New York's Beacon Theatre will be held on June 5, not June 6. This still remains a rumor as the band has not confirmed anything.

• 2 weeks later...

im not really all to shocked by this......

The Strokes Give Godrich the Boot

Megaphone confiscation results in fiery temper tantrum, promises that Godrich will never work in this town again

Rod Waterman reports:

After a few months of trial-and-error in the studio with Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, with a view toward eventually completing their second album, The Strokes have decided that this is not it, and have officially "parted ways" with the producer of such heavy-hitters as Beck, Pavement and Radiohead. Okay, nobody panic; everything's going to be just fine. They said all along that they'd go in, do a couple of songs and see how they felt about it.

As manager Ryan Gentles told Billboard.com, "If those two songs go well, and the band is happy, then, and only then, will they continue to record with Nigel and do the rest of the album with him. If the band is not thrilled with this two-song trial period, then it will be 'back to the drawing board' as far as producers are concerned, so to speak." Wow. It almost sounds, in hindsight, like they didn't expect it to work in the first place. That's some nice pre-emptive spinning, Ryan-- by the way, the Democratic Party is looking for an actual candidate, don't you know! And sure enough, the band did a couple of songs with Godrich, didn't really like them, and decided to call the whole thing off.

Gentles explains it this way: "All parties involved had a lovely experience and Nigel and the band really did get along famously. It just wasn't meant to be in the studio, I suppose." That all sounds incredibly grown up and sensible (if a little like something you might hear on The Bachelor), and not at all like Godrich was foisted upon them by the record company against their will. But you've gotta think that Godrich probably prefers working with the kind of people who you suspect might iron their jeans (looking at you, Yorkie) than the kind of people who may not bathe terribly often, even if they are all foxy to you and foxy to me. Sure would have been interesting to hear what he'd have made them sound like, though-- bootleggers?

The band will take a short break and go back into the studio with Is This It producer Gordon Raphael. In the meantime, the things we said about The Strokes about a few weeks ago are all more or less still true: they're still pretty determined not to tour anymore until the album is done and dusted, although they will be playing a couple of dates in Japan at the Summer Sonic Festival August 2nd in Osaka and August 3rd in Tokyo, if you're going to be in the area. And they're still featured on the Yes New York compilation that's due to be released June 3rd. We square? Good. I gotta go look for my Camel tee.

Guest beardo

of course not.. i dont think anyone really takes the strokes seriously in the first place, why waste each others time

Archived