Philly Style

KareAfu215

Originally posted by nozaki@Mar 16 2005, 04:50 PM

i like those mes pages...until i start picking apart the letter structure...it's almost like if the fills weren't so nice i'd like them more...i'm not hating, just saying that it seems like you're better at doing fills and making the page look pretty than you are at the letter structure...just my opinion though.

edit...

i'm not saying the letter structure is bad, because it's deffinately not, you deffinately have skill...it's kinda like when you hear mad hype about a movie and when you go see it, even if it's a good movie, it falls short of expectattions because of the hype...the hype would be the first glance of the page(initial response to the piece), then seeing the movie would be like studying the outline of the piece...don't take offense man, you get props, better than my shit

its all good man....my letter structure is getting better every piece i do....and i could go back in there and fix that again and make everything more balanced and it end up looking like a completly different piece.....this is usually my problem i try 2 perfect everything so much that ill end up with like 5 different letters for one piece (5 M's 5 E's 5 S's) all different...but the same overall style....then i throw 3 of them together and there ya go....what you see is what you get....

its hard for me to say that things are done....i try 2 hard, so recently iv been just saying fuck it its done and actually "finishing" pieces..... where as before over the last couple years i wasnt able 2 do that so i was never happy with it = so i never painted....almost gave up.....so im recently getting back into it and like they say practice makes perfect....im getting better....i think?

i prolly didnt even make any sence i duno, makes sence to me in my head...

just curious whats wrong with the letter structure? what would u change?

oh and i dont mind the critisizm, makes my push myself harder and 2 get better ne ways....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's nothing really wrong with the structure of the letters per-say...i'm just a big fan of balance, whether if it's through symetry, or by line repetition(or the many other ways to bring balance to a piece). i don't really feel balance in that outline...i would of mirrored the lower right hand corner of the S and used it for the lower left hand corner of the M (for starters)...and i'm not a fan of how you cross the bottom of your M...it seems to be a trademark in your pieces though...you do it well on paper mostly, but i never saw it translate well to the wall. it's one of those things that needs to be done perfectly or else it won't look correct. also the top of the S where you repeat the same shape like 4 times is redundant to my taste because it makes that segment of the S so thick...yes, there are other thick parts in the piece, so it's not horribly out of place, but again the "thick" segments aren't balanced(reffering to the placement of the thick parts throughought the piece and the repetition of thickness)...i could pick it apart more, but there's no need to even say what i said...because it's a cool outline and i like it. obviously, anything can be made better

i usually try 2 have one side of the piece mirror the other as much as possible but i get frustrated with that so i tried something different

i agree with what u said. point taken

enough of all this though....i shoulda just pm'd u....

my fault

Originally posted by ShermHI+Mar 10 2005, 01:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShermHI - Mar 10 2005, 01:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sene215@Mar 10 2005, 11:12 AM

Heres some sketches when I used to write sear.

piece.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

yea by the way I hear theres another sear in philly. I've seen some of his work in Filthadelphia.com. I see hes a bomber type, and a type of writer who writes to do wickets and throwies, and no pieces.at least not yet. anybody know about em? maybe I wanna battle em. even though I'm more of the piecer type. haha I dont even write sear anymore. I write sene.

By the way, Kare, you're pieces are dope as shit. props! I love philly style! Keep it coming.

I know of WCS Sear, looking at your "Sear" hand and looking at Sears hand, I wouldnt battle em if I were you.... You've seen his work on fitlh, have u seen his work in the streets??

Yo cam, im feeling that 3D jawn...

[/b]

tru....thanks...

Originally posted by MeS RoX@Mar 14 2005, 06:30 PM

sorry...same outline...but this is doper i think......just finished in saviors book....im bored....

blackbook11.jpg

2 much time on my hands i no....

airbrush and markers

NICE TRAIN,ITS EVEN BETTER THE 100'TH TIME SOMEONE DID IT. ALSO THATS A FAT ASS WAY YOU STRAIGHT STOLE THAT S FROM THAT OLD SUB PEICE,GOOD WORK KEEP IT UP

fall back....i definatly didnt steal no letter from sub....but im curious to see what ur talking about....everything straight from my head....straight up....and i cant even say maybe i was influenced cause im a fan....because honestly, as dumb as it sounds i cant even picture a sub piece....and i guess i bit all my S's from sub because they all look very similar...

every letter has been done before as much as i hate to admit it there is not much innovators in graff now....we are limited to the same letters....

yea the trains been done before....whatever....quick and easy and looks ok....fuck it, like iv said before i do this for me, people will always hate....

but ur intitled to ur opinion and i respect that but i def wanna see this sub piece...

u wanna see the sketches that let to that letter id be more than happy to post it....and i dont even no why im getting defensive...i no its not a bite

Originally posted by DUKE NUKE EM+Mar 17 2005, 11:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DUKE NUKE EM - Mar 17 2005, 11:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MeS RoX@Mar 14 2005, 06:30 PM

sorry...same outline...but this is doper i think......just finished in saviors book....im bored....

blackbook11.jpg

2 much time on my hands i no....

airbrush and markers

NICE TRAIN,ITS EVEN BETTER THE 100'TH TIME SOMEONE DID IT. ALSO THATS A FAT ASS WAY YOU STRAIGHT STOLE THAT S FROM THAT OLD SUB PEICE,GOOD WORK KEEP IT UP

[/b]

YO GOOD OBSERVATION DUKE, THIS SHIT IS THE BIGGEST BITE I EVER SEEN,AND I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE IT AT FIRST..I GOT THAT OLD ON THE GO RIGHT HERE WITH THE SUB PEICE WITH THE TRAIN BEHIND IT,AND THE SUB THROW UP ON IT. IT IS THE SAME EXACT S,AND HE PUT THE TRAIN IN THE SAME SPOT,WITH THE TOSS ON IT..THEN THIS MES CAT'S TALKIN LIKE EVERYTHING IS BITTEN,WELL MES NOT EVERYTHING JUST DICKRIDING WRITERS WITH NO IMAGINATIONS LIKE YOUR SELF,PHILLY WAS ILL BACK IN THE DAY, YO MES IN THE FUTURE KEEP YOUR PLAGERIZED GRAFFITI TO YOUR SELF

i have never even seen a on the go mag....

if you do a piece 1 page, 1st only intending on doing 1 page then decided to make it a double page and were gonna add a train where else are you gonna put it???? above the piece? and if your gonna add a train why not put something on it?

like i said it was original to me, if sub did it back in the day then he did it first.....and prolly some one before him....and some one will do it after me....stop hatin, im just tryin to do my thing...

post sub piece if u got the mag there i wanna see it

EVEN WHY EVEN BITE SOMETHING EVERYONE WOULD KNOW WAS BIT? makes no sence, its a coincidence.....drop it

edit:

and i never said everythings bitten.....people develop styles and some peoples style may look similar....and letter are just that letters...and some letters will look like other, prebious done letters, it happens...NOT INTENTIONAL...but i can see where yous are coming from based on what was said.....i draw graffiti from my head when im bored.....seams like to much work to even flip through magazines and flix to find something that would match my m and e and then copy it....

Originally posted by MeS RoX@Mar 19 2005, 04:11 AM

i have never even seen a on the go mag....

if you do a piece 1 page, 1st only intending on doing 1 page then decided to make it a double page and were gonna add a train where else are you gonna put it???? above the piece? and if your gonna add a train why not put something on it?

like i said it was original to me, if sub did it back in the day then he did it first.....and prolly some one before him....and some one will do it after me....stop hatin, im just tryin to do my thing...

post sub piece if u got the mag there i wanna see it

EVEN WHY EVEN BITE SOMETHING EVERYONE WOULD KNOW WAS BIT? makes no sence, its a coincidence.....drop it

edit:

and i never said everythings bitten.....people develop styles and some peoples style may look similar....and letter are just that letters...and some letters will look like other, prebious done letters, it happens...NOT INTENTIONAL...but i can see where yous are coming from based on what was said.....i draw graffiti from my head when im bored.....seams like to much work to even flip through magazines and flix to find something that would match my m and e and then copy it....

LOOK PAL,YOUR CAUGHT,IT AINT NO BIG DEAL JUST FACE IT AND MOVE ON.I WASNT EVEN DOGGING YOU JUST LET IT GO,ITS ALL GOOD THAT YOU SUCK,NO ONE CARES,I'M JUST BACK TO BRING TRUTH,U PHILLY HEADS R ALL ON ARE NEW YORK NUTS YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW,I JUST WANT TO SEE PHILLY GRAFF THE WAY IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO,IT WAS MAD HOT THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED..................................

Archived