What was better The Matrix Trilogy Or The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy?

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the matrix was a movie designed for more intelligent minded people, lotr is just fantasy that anyone can relate too which is why it has been nominated so many times, and favored by the majority of the world, how many people do you know would choose thinking and figuring things out for them selves over sittin back and just watching whats in front of them? honestly though, you can even take this site as an example, how many kids really want to do things themselves?

Originally posted by Daze One Million

the matrix was a movie designed for more intelligent minded people

are you kidding?

i'm not even gonna go there.

or did you say memento and not the matrix?

"It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication: a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-à-vis: love. "

"I'm Ted "Theodore" Logan."

"Party on, dudes."

nah i said matrix, and perhaps you were one that understood it, but i can almost garentee that there aint one person on this board that didnt understand lotr, really now how many people understood what the architect was saying in that room in reloaded, "...a systemic anomoly inherint to the programming of the matrix..." ect ect, you cant deny that fact

Originally posted by Daze One Million

nah i said matrix, and perhaps you were one that understood it, but i can almost garentee that there aint one person on this board that didnt understand lotr, really now how many people understood what the architect was saying in that room in reloaded, "...a systemic anomoly inherint to the programming of the matrix..." ect ect, you cant deny that fact

ok that's my point. so, the wachowski brothers are obvious cyber geeks or they did their research on a world that exists already (AI, computers, etc...) WOW, big deal. then add in some wordy dialog like in that one scene you mentioned (gee, i own a thesaurus and a dictionary too), i'm not impressed.

LOTR was a world all its own. Tolkien made it all up from scratch: languages, myths, races of beings, wars, weapons, etc..

Not to mention the books and the movies capture the human condition more vividly than the matrix does. that's why so many people can understand it, because they can relate to that basic element of the story line!

like i said matrix 1 was an excellent film, no doubt in my mind. better than lotr?? well that is debatable (but not in my opinion). either way they are different from one another and both kick ass!

party on dude!

Archived