What was better The Matrix Trilogy Or The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy?

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the only way to enjoy the lord of the rings is to find a girl and make out for a bit. then watch a bit. then make out some more. repeat this process until you have seen the entire movie.

It took me 3 replays of that goddamn thing. Not that it was unenjoyable.

the matrix was dope as a single film. reloaded was WAY over rated. it had a few good scenes but over all couldn't hold it next to the original.

LOTR has more going for it in the sense of being more well rounded in the telling of the story. but the matrix is definitly an original concept and creative as hell.

they are both solid myths, and are completely different too but i gotta give it up for the rings.

im kinda biased i guess, i was never really into that whole dungeons and dragons type shit that the lotr is about, but on the other hand im real fond of science and computers, matrix just did it for me personally i guess, i do believe thought that matrix reloaded was better than the first due to the fact it skipped over the whole explaining of what the matrix was and let you actually "explore" it through out the movie, i did feel kind of let down though at the end of the trilogy...i thought it could have ended better than it did

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Matrix was great, but LOTR was the best action trilogy in the history of film. No lie.

agreed!

but if you wanna get real raw

check this one:

http://www.reelcriticism.com/ziggyrealm/images/photos/plan9.gif'>

plan 9 from outer space!

best dialog in a film ever! and better efx than the matrix and lotr combined!

The Matrix was pretty shitty. I believe the numbers will agree with me; the third installation of the Matrix did less than 50% of the business in the United States when compared to the previous movie. Also, if I'm correct, the Matrix reloaded and whatever the other one was called didn't even make a blip on the radar at the Golden Globes.

I liked all three movies in the Matrix trilogy, but the second two only for the effects really. 2 & 3 blew compared to one. On the other hand, we have LOTR, which was based on great books to begin with and executed wonderfully, even if it is something like 400 hours long. LOTR all the way.

lord of the rings!!!!

i was hooked on the books, and i went and saw all 3 movies in the theater and i never pay to see em big screen.

matrix i think the idea/story was cool, but it was too much. also probably contrary to popular opinion i didn't like all the fight scenes, just too much

the matrix was dope as a single film. reloaded was WAY over rated. it had a few good scenes but over all couldn't hold it next to the original.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY:THE GOOCH

without a doubt LOTR was better executed.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY:EL MAMERRO

LOTR was the best action trilogy in the history of film

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY: POOPMAN BOB

LOTR gets my vote.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY:CINCHED WAIST

YEA, THATS MY QUOTED TEXT COLLAGE OF OPINION.

the only thing that make lotr better than the matrix is the fact that i still remembered what happened in the other two lotr movies,whereas the matrix came out every year by that time i forgot wut happnd ,oh and all the bigg ass word and long ways of saying shit that could only take a few seconds if they tried harder..........:crazy:

got this from www.theonering.net

"This morning The Lord of the Rings trilogy became the most nominated film series in Academy Award history with 30 nominations, surpassing both the Godfather trilogy (28) and the Star Wars franchise (21)."

nuff said.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/categor...tegory=9338prev

i ordered one last night!

Bad Ass!!

Archived