the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

heres some other recent ones to keep things moving...1251750870.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpgand larabee... where do i begin? my only advice for you is to not take this personally. one of the rules i was told when i started out was that i was a toy until told otherwise. dont take it as a personal attack. im more than willing to help you progress as a writer but asking people to do your name for you and the attitude is the wrong way to go. but what do i know? thats just my two cents...

i would stay that you should stick to one word at first. pick a name and run with it. make that name your girlfriend. get comfortable with it. and i would stay to stick with the style you did on the relapse one instead of the other one with the leg and claw. and drop the add ons of "eating the etch" and what not. add ons and connections will come to you with time. you need to get the basics down like letter structure and proportions and how a 3d should look. everyone from revok to east to cope started out doing a sketch just like that relapse one but over time and people guiding them in the right direction they are where they are now. dont rush it. trust me.

edit: i forgot to add 2 very important lessons i was taught. #1 is that your letter structure should be strong enough to look just as good painted in b&w as if you painted it in color. in other words dont hide behind a bunch of colors. #2 is that each letters structure should be strong enough to stand alone without the letter next to them. remembering those things helps me when im sketching out my ideas.

i would stay that you should stick to one word at first. pick a name and run with it. make that name your girlfriend. get comfortable with it. and i would stay to stick with the style you did on the relapse one instead of the other one with the leg and claw. and drop the add ons of "eating the etch" and what not. add ons and connections will come to you with time. you need to get the basics down like letter structure and proportions and how a 3d should look. everyone from revok to east to cope started out doing a sketch just like that relapse one but over time and people guiding them in the right direction they are where they are now. dont rush it. trust me.

edit: i forgot to add 2 very important lessons i was taught. #1 is that your letter structure should be strong enough to look just as good painted in b&w as if you painted it in color. in other words dont hide behind a bunch of colors. #2 is that each letters structure should be strong enough to stand alone without the letter next to them. remembering those things helps me when im sketching out my ideas.

post my sketch i want to fr8 it. please.