INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

umm, today i went to the mall, and went to some shoe repair shop, i saw some leather dye, and it was beside some sueded dye. so im looking at the colours and i see NOIR/BLACK. so i racked it. i didnt get to look at the label until i took it outta my pocket. it turns out i got suede dye instead. but i used it anyway. i added some brake fluid in it [dot3] and it runs fine. but im not sure. so is there any difference between suede dye and leather dye?

i just made a home mady dunno if i should say mop or marker oh well....the point it it's a good tool for goin out and it gives really neet lines and the they aren't too big or to small either the marker or the lines. some good shit. i did it outside as i was taking out the nib i fucked up on all the ink squirted out and it went over the water wholes and everything and now i'm gonna get in deep shit . and i can't get it off :( oh well try it out.:( :) :lol:

i know i've been laid back about this before but it's time for it to come to a stop....

QUIT POSTING MARKER QUESTIONS IN THE INK THREAD

there's another sticky for this... http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...5&goto=lastpost

but to answer your question (which has been asked and answered before), NO, do not take out the cotton filler in the pilot. i explain how to refill a pilot on the first post of the first page in this thread, so go there and read the description.

rubbish is right. before you ask a question, read through this thread cuz its probly been answered already. theres so much info in the first post of this thread, go there and read up !!!

and for specific marker questions, go to the marker thread, its probably been answered there too

hey brotha, nothing personal. it's just been going on too much lately and shouldn't be.

to further go on what FTB said, you can also use the search button and search a couple specific words. takes the same amount of effort as it does to ask a question in a thread, perhaps even less.

Did some ink makin' today. I had a small like pint of old white paint (Possibly over 6 years old.), some really old paint thinner, and some polyurethane. I mixed them all up. It required alot of thinner because the paint was thick. I thougt the polyurethane might aid staining. I put it in my only kiwi. The result was unsatisfying. The lines were chalky and streaky, almost like I had done a tag with the kiwi shoe polish. And it stunk like a bitch! I also had these old krink jars I made out of an empty salsa jar. But the paint had dried and it was near impossible to open. So I got a nail and scratched to paint away from the lid for a while. This worked, but I immediately returned the two mixtures to an empy rusto bucket. I have some advice for storing krink and other paints and inks containing paint thinner. Always store them in either a glass or metal container. I have made the mistake of storing some krink in a griffin bottle and what happens is that they are little tiny holes, and paint thinner is thinner than water so it got out and evaporated throgh the holes making the krink not good for some reason. Meanwhile the krink from the salsa jars is still perfect. Another word for people who may ask. Do not mix graffiti proof shit with your paint? Would this or would it not make the paint impossible to apply? And mixing silver rusto paint with any other bright color (baby blue would be good) will make a kickass metallic version of whatever color you want.

To conduct buffing tests I used some old shit in my garage called liquid strip. This is so toxic you have to wear a respirator and gloves, even outside. But this shit took of tags from my wall. It's that strong. It's a paint, varnish and floor stain remover. I suggest conducting buff tests with this, since the city always has more powerful shit than goof off.

Originally posted by ODS-1

www.i-craft.com/crafts99/etchbath.html

Why doesn't this say anything about burning your hand off?

11. Return Etch Bath Glass Dipping Solution to original jar for later re-use. Consult the etch bath bottle for safety precautions.

<span style='color:indigo'>I thought I would tweak my ink up so I took my OTR "SUPERPERMANENT" marker (I buffed mine and it left no ghost at all) and added some grffin. But the thing was I had one bottle that had rit dye in a griffin bottle. So before I realized what I was doing I mixed rit dye into the marker. I was already soaked up in the cotton. I think I managed to pour out most of it though. But I added griffin to it and will conduct a buff test later. I may be able to post the results. </span>

why'd you get an OTR superpermanent anyway? isn't that thing like the exact same to a pilot only more expensive? ink sounds like it if its not leaving a ghost and there's a cotton filler.

with the griffin mixed in, it may leave a slight stain but not on every surface. the trouble with griffin is that it clogs up nibs after awhile, like on a zig posterman or an OTR. i don't know about pilot type markers though, i've never had any problem with griffin clogging those nibs.