ok, time to start recording.

Giving Tree

ok, well i've done a few open mic type things, opened for a few characters around the way, and did some dumb around town type shit, but now its time to drop an e.p. - demo. there are a number of things i need to concider.

1) i've never used a non-stolen beat.. everything i've ever touched was from alchemist or someone else's track. for a demo will this be a problem so long as it isnt sold for profit, purely for signing and management purposes?

2) money. i need to know how much i need to drop. i got studio time for MAD cheap... like 10 bucks an hour.. but i know i need like an engineer and a final mixdown, etc... so someone let me know what i need and costs.

3) people. i know i need an engineer, but what else? anyone know good places to send it for final mixdown..etc...

4) cheap manufacturing. i'd need like 100 cuts of the album, not a ton, but all in high quality cd format... burned up nicely of course... anyone know where to do something like that.

i tried all over the internet but i either run into faggotwad 15 year olds who tell me to go die or super old men who say "if you dont know how to do it then it's not for you" i dont give a fuck old man... busdriver has a fucking record deal... i DEFINATELY should have a label pushin my shit...

it's just time for me to start thinkin serious on this shit.. im done fucking around and playing... i wanna make this shit my life.. so i either bet the pot or go back to my 9 to 7 day to day shitfuckhole and die. im not going out like that. at LEAST gotta try.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by nomadawhat

well if you are still in the a2, thats your first mistake/setback.

and its true what they say...its not what you know but who you know.

wha?!? yeah.. im still in the a2. didnt know kids here knew that... do i know you?

im on my way out to either boston, philly, or L.A. need to decide, moving this coming summer...

i know i need to know heads... i mean obie trice used to stomp around zug island and del ray with some kids i know from that area... they could get a tape to him if thats what is meant, but im sure they get that shit all day.. im not lookin to sign with giant jack record steez.. just get me some solid management who can help me do this shit.

again.. where the fuck is seeking.. i need some $$$ amounts on this recording steez.. and im sure he at least knows someone i can talk to.

get soundforge...fruityloops, cubase...do all the beats and mastering yourself...plenty of plugins...one for soundforge caled "cd architect" you can lay that shit out so nice on a cd...several eq's for soundforge, too...

acid pro might help you in meshign your tracks together...then, send them to soundforge for the mastering...then back to acid to mix down, then back to soundforge for the architecture of the cd...fruity, of course would be what you use to make your beats...or pro-tools...one word, kazaa....

as for costs, shit dood...less than 200 bones yuo would be able to all that shit yourself...even the printing. i had a dj friend who does it all the time...print shops, sams, etc...cd stickers...

no you don't know me or vice versa, i grew up there, and you posted about a show at the pig or some shit a ways back, i asked if you were there, in MI.....

good luck with you thing, keep pushing, takes alot time and heart. if you move to LA i could hook you up with a dope producer...he does all the mixdowns and all. he is working with some other cat on realeasing some shit, but I'm not too sure on the whole process. but they have been working on an album for over a year and have about 6-7 complete tracks. and they work non-stop and shit sounds incredible, but they are still a while away from completion. but its not something that you can just throw together in a few weeks. i would suggest original beats too, i mean striaght jacking can only hold you back. i'll see what there plan is once they complete there ep and see if i can come with some more info.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

good luck with you thing, keep pushing, takes alot time and heart. if you move to LA i could hook you up with a dope producer...he does all the mixdowns and all. he is working with some other cat on realeasing some shit, but I'm not too sure on the whole process. but they have been working on an album for over a year and have about 6-7 complete tracks. and they work non-stop and shit sounds incredible, but they are still a while away from completion. but its not something that you can just throw together in a few weeks. i would suggest original beats too, i mean striaght jacking can only hold you back. i'll see what there plan is once they complete there ep and see if i can come with some more info.

nice... im down for droppin this shit on the whenever.. i just dont wanna sit on my ass anymore and be a hometown zero.. i wanna be a big city hero. im trying to find someone who lays out beats, but im having NO luck.. i met one techno - idm type guy who seemed whay way wacked out and wasnt help at all... who knows..

this shit aint no game.

If you can get ahold of a copy of REASON, you can make all your own beats, and put together the tracks with it alone. Granted, it'll tend to sound like a demo tape unless you really know your shit, but it's a fairly streamlined way to get something out there. You can burn it to a cd, and send that out to get your 100 made.

Originally posted by Giving Tree

nice... im down for droppin this shit on the whenever.. i just dont wanna sit on my ass anymore and be a hometown zero.. i wanna be a big city hero. im trying to find someone who lays out beats, but im having NO luck.. i met one techno - idm type guy who seemed whay way wacked out and wasnt help at all... who knows..

this shit aint no game.

fuck, son...you know i got you on the producto im up on the beats...hell you can use all my misfit crusher shit, you know this, hit the kid up, mang. krazykingcrusherofbeatsandrhymesuno..

:king:

there are plenty of people in the duce that make beats, if you have opened for people just talk to them. Also as previously stated, you can make some plain dilly ''hiphop'' beats with all those downloadable programs mentioned above, get your studio time to record vocals and just lay it over that. easy...hey maybe i could be a rapper one day! :D

Originally posted by OptimusPrime

fuck, son...you know i got you on the producto im up on the beats...hell you can use all my misfit crusher shit, you know this, hit the kid up, mang. krazykingcrusherofbeatsandrhymesuno..

:king:

hell yeah man.. i thought you'd be gone forever.. when you get back get at me and drop me off some beats to freak on... for REAL... you were my first choice mang but you flew off or something crazy.. i need to get jams up on this thing too.. maybe make a crew out of it.. im tired of fuckin around and aint no way in hell im workin a 9 to 7 for the rest of my life.. im going to make somethin of this music thing for REAL..

be at me man.

Archived