casek bored

casekonly

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/casekbored.jpg'>

excuse the blue wash on the bottom...it doesn't exist on the page..my cam is just gay

anyway, i'm skecthing out this 3d piece i rendered the other day, and somehow, it isn't turning out the way i had expected...using a blue ballpoint for the outline, and a light blue prisma that's running out of ink for some of the shading....i dunno, i think i fucked it up alot...any ideas?

i was considering outliining the whole thing in black to make it stand out some more, but reconsidered recently after remembering that is too cliche'... so, what's up? should i just rip it out of the book?

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/casekboredinvert.jpg'>

here it is inverted so you can see some of my lines more clearly.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thats coo man, i really cant tell what your going for cuzs its not done, post some of your finshed work

dry out markers are the best for giveing stuff a really cool shading so its not a big deal your maker is dry it will proly help you in the long run just

as for a boarder i would use maby a thin line of pink or yellow something bright to bring it out

Hmmmm... not sur ehow you could salvage that piece. Though if you're interested in re-drawing it and starting over... I'd say use no outline at all. Let your shading do the defining. Or use Daim's method of outlining. He gently shades his edges with a darker tone of the fill-in color. It's barely noticable but enough to make the outline visible.

Dig the piece though!

Originally posted by casekonly

i was considering outliining the whole thing in black to make it stand out some more, but reconsidered recently after remembering that is too cliche'... so, what's up? should i just rip it out of the book?

I wouldn't be worried about black outlines being cliche. If you think that's what the piece needs, do it. Forget about the clicheness of it.

Otherwise, failing that, colour the background dark and make the whole piece darker, and outline with white. Easier with paint, but a gelpen should do the trick.

Joker and Spike, i really appreciate the comments...i think i'll go with Jokers advice and let my shading work as an outline. heh, Joker, do yuo realize which pice this is? i'm redrawing that transcend dedicated render that i posted in photoshop battles...check it.

Very nice Casek, Thats one of my more fav pieces Ive seen from you lately, Its very I dunno subtle In its crazyness, if you catch on to the notion im thinking.

Great so now your making me open up 3DSM to try to make something nice like that.....;)

ewwww...how 'bout them hindu ladiezzzzzzzzz??????

i wanna dip my balls in it.

yo, yo, yo, thanks for all the compliments...makes me feel all tingly in a non-sexual way. i'll drop some more on your craniums and let your brains absorb the weirdness. i'm still working on redefining images like that, so gimme some time and i promise not to disappoint.

Originally posted by casekonly

yoink, i expect to see you dropping shit into the photoshop battle page at any time now....

I actually did a few renders (first timer type shit) not worthy of posting, Im still working on just being able to kinda go in and mess around without any tutorial advice.

I am however working on a big project about poster size but going horizontal (a foot high and maybe three to four wide) I would like to finish that and post it.

some advice, save in .eps format.... i belive, you can "save as", if not, it's export to .eps i work in atleast, and i say atleast again, 18 x 24 with a dpi of 300-600 it's a good way to go, especially if you spent alot of time and want it to print out on the proper.

here are some easy tips:

create a geosphere (kinda small)

now right click it and select "convert to editable mesh"

now, right click again and select "polygons" it's a little further up from where you converted to editable mesh

now, hold ctrl down and click about 14 different spots on your geosphere

ok, go to your right hand side drop down menu..the one that is permanent on the right hadn side

and extrude to about 65

now, go back to your geosphere and select base levels...from where you selected polygons

now meshsmooth

meshsmooth again for good measure

now add noise

click fractal

x-300 +

y-300 +

z-300 +

now iterations...up until you find something you like

that would be right about fractal thing

now add wave (where noise and mesh smooth are)

and some other effects, i'm not going to reveal all of it, you just experiment and find you effects, it's all a big process with me, i select thing because i've figured out where they'll do different shit and how they will do it)

now, materials...press "M" and pul that shit out...raytrace, perlin marbles on the diffuse box, all kinds of shit...add some omnia lights, set shadows...blah blah blah blah

heh, hope that short tutorial helps you out, dood. post some shite. lemme see what you come up with after that...concentrate on effects...most important part of making a piece look good...and realism, even though it's an impossible object, make it look real so the audience thinks it's cool....

btw, look into learning about nurbs, they're the most smooth, round-ish in the world...of 3d, anyway...you can make all kinds of crazy shit...if i'm not mistaken, hyrax is a big nurbs head...

also, effects... i think i mentioned www.3dcafe.com before, go there..."free stuff" and then their tutorials section. you'll learn alot there

Archived