Official Battle Thread

StarzAbove

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
This looks like you were going for Optick's style.

My vote goes to Edogg on this one.

I don't mean any harm but you can't say opticks style. Optick rocks it well but I've seen that style a million times before. Even with the coloring, it's based on an older style that's making a comeback. Optick pulls it off well but it's not his. He even says it. If anything, it's Dondi's style.

I don't mean any harm but you can't say opticks style. Optick rocks it well but I've seen that style a million times before. Even with the coloring, it's based on an older style that's making a comeback. Optick pulls it off well but it's not his. He even says it. If anything, it's Dondi's style.
You make a good point, but I cant cheer for a comeback of that style...Optick does that style well and I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he grew up around it....He has reason to be doing that style but I dont and neither do these kids.

I got a copy of subway art on my shelf but I'm not jockin that shit, all that is to me is a history book of NYC graffiti. And as awesome as that history book may be, it aint my BIBLE and I'm not tryin' to bring back a style from 25 years ago....Those styles are classic and shouldn't be replicated by beginners.

just my opinion.....And Freight I ain't hatin' on you, cause it looks like you got skill color wise but I personally think your letters need work.

so yeah I guess its long enough on voting so looks like neber1z wins the bets battle congrats, it nice to see a lot of people that know their roots and know where styles come from...been doin it since 99 so I have respect for all styles and like to flip a few, and like to know where there come from so newbies recognize your predissesor and give them respect I do. I grew up looking at Nace (RIP) that guy was my idol, not to hop on any nuts or anything, he just got me into writing from seeing his freights rolling.