Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by anxiousONER@Feb 9 2006, 11:23 PM

drawing.jpg

first time trying to paint realisticly... what do ya think

any sugesstions?

ANX_oner

yo,

Because you asked for feedback I'm going to give you some. I understand that your paiting skills haven't progressed enough to portray something "realistically " yet but in regards to your painting:

The sky is not convincing, it suggests at a sky simply because of what we know a sky to function as, but aesthetically it just looks like a block of color.

The tracks seem to be on a ledge that just drops off without suggesting any sense of space. It doesn't look convincing because of this. You should try to chandge the perspective a little so that you might actually see the tracks, or at the least create a sense of dimension with value. You could easily do this by changing the tone of the colors to make it seem like the tracks are on the ground as opposed to sitting on top of a wall.

Your caboose isn't bad in the sense that it is drawn somewhat convincingly but again, it doesn't read as realistic. your highlights and shadows of the caboose are arbitrary and dont suggest a strong sense of light, instead it seems like the light around the piece is part of the piece. Also, it's floating, that was probably intentional though.

just some constructive criticism. I hope you can take something from it.

Fashion Tradeshow in London, TBC . To Be Confirmed , Mono Clothing area designed by Mista Breakfast

99454181_2144f63840_o.jpg99454182_92f479fdc0_o.jpg

99454182_92f479fdc0_o.jpg

TBC tradeshow in London

Mono Clothing area display instalation by Mista Breakfast @ Mono , aka Lord Leigh with garments designed by the same artist.

99454180_d3319e62b7_o.jpg

Raw cotton sprayed with red fabric paint through hand cut stencils by Lord Leigh aka Mista Breakfast , Venks and Bollox measuring 1.5 x 3 metres

Guest KING OF HELL

use one shot like seeks is saying, or latex. or any acrylic. its really in the application weather or not its smooth. you can use jel mediums to slim down the paint also. aiurbrush pre mixed acrylics are good.

I'd like to agree with the fact that Illustrator sucks. And not in a good way.

If you are looking for a smooth texture, why are you using acrylic? Yes, it is possible to achieve this effect with acrylics. But, it would be much easier with many other mediums. My advice for such a flat color piece, would be to cut a multiple layer stencil. In my opinion, all that shit just kind of sucks. I could understand if you're just tryina belt out some shit to make a dollar from little girls with big sunglasses and rich parents. Do your thing- get your taco bell, wendy's money. Everybody's got to eat.

But as far as real work goes... no respect (from myself) for producing such listless garbage. Please prove me wrong.

Originally posted by dead@Feb 15 2006, 09:37 PM

If you are looking for a smooth texture, why are you using acrylic? Yes, it is possible to achieve this effect with acrylics. But, it would be much easier with many other mediums. My advice for such a flat color piece, would be to cut a multiple layer stencil. In my opinion, all that shit just kind of sucks. I could understand if you're just tryina belt out some shit to make a dollar from little girls with big sunglasses and rich parents. Do your thing- get your taco bell, wendy's money. Everybody's got to eat.

But as far as real work goes... no respect (from myself) for producing such listless garbage. Please prove me wrong.

i agree, just do a multi layer stencil, it will come out smooth and will probobly be cheaper to do. youve got the colors separated out nicely already so no work is required there.

"make a dollar from little girls with big sunglasses and rich parents." :haha: too true.

Originally posted by MEANdaDOPE@Feb 16 2006, 02:19 PM

i left my artwork at some hip hop shop. it closed down. a year later i find some fool selling my shit at the swap meet. took these mutherfuckers back. some shit from 2003. "colored boogers"

coloredboogers1.jpg

coloredboogers2.jpg

coloredboogers3.jpg

dude swap meet haha man so what i guess armory gone for good. well yeah man looks dope

Originally posted by Fancy+Feb 16 2006, 09:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fancy - Feb 16 2006, 09:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dead@Feb 15 2006, 09:37 PM

i agree, just do a multi layer stencil, it will come out smooth and will probobly be cheaper to do. youve got the colors separated out nicely already so no work is required there.

"make a dollar from little girls with big sunglasses and rich parents." :haha: too true.

[/b]

Yeah, I didn't quite get that last part. Who said I was selling something. Some people actually do shit for themselves.

Fuck stencils. Weak shit.

and on that weak shit note... How can you call all that "garbage" and then suggest something as silly as stencils?

anyways, MEANdaDOPE, those are looking nice.

Originally posted by Yellow Feets+Feb 16 2006, 11:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yellow Feets - Feb 16 2006, 11:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Fancy@Feb 16 2006, 09:43 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-dead@Feb 15 2006, 09:37 PM

Yeah, I didn't quite get that last part. Who said I was selling something. Some people actually do shit for themselves.

Fuck stencils. Weak shit.

and on that weak shit note... How can you call all that "garbage" and then suggest something as silly as stencils?

anyways, MEANdaDOPE, those are looking nice.

[/b]

Whoa there cowboy.

I'm not even into stencils. You asked for a suggestion and I gave you the most efficient route. If you want to take offense, that's on you.

Like I said, I'm not a stencil head. not something I do.

And I understand the concept of doing shit for yourself. That's what I do for every piece. So don't even try to talk down to me. I get it.

I was just responding to your legitimate question with a legitimate response. If you want to talk shit on a simple solution to your question, don't ask.

Best of luck with your venture!

Dead, my dude, I wasn't offended at all. That "rob rich children" comment sort of caught me off guard though. Other than that, I agree with you completely. The illustrator look is definetly "played" as fuck. I was associating you with stencils because, well, you suggested it. And I was assuming you were into that ... that stuff. Stencils are just as bad as tracing. Unless, of course, you created the actual stencil rather than using a cut out of Che Guevara, etc.

Again, not offended. Never was.

'Til Sat-er-day.