Depression

socrates

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was diagnosed manic depressive 10 years ago... and up until about a year ago, i was of the same "no drugs" mindset... i got over it... i tried a coup[le different kinds before finding one that didn't seem to have any side effects, and i've been taking em for about 6 months or so... it hasn't made me a different person at all, and i don't want to kill myself any more... the few weeks where i was trying other shit kinda sucked, but i have no complaints now...

if you really think your depression is a problem, then find out about your options... if you start taking something and it turns you into a zombie, or you start acting radically different, or if you can't get it up or something, then there's nothing stopping you from stopping the drugs... you may have to ween off them, but you can still stop...

be active.

That's the only advice I can give.

Activity will give you a sence of accomplishment and purpose.

Dont just sit around abusing your mind(tv) and your body(booze).

And despite what pescado said, do turn to the booze.

It's a depressent and will only make things seem worse.

It's not that I don't go outside, but when I'm out at club or a party or just kickin it, sometimes I just will all of a sudden not be able to take the sound of people's voices and walk off and sometimes walk for hours on end just to avoid being around anyone. And I don't really trust talking to any of my friends becuase most of them are immature, insecure, or too big of druggies to understand pain. The no to drugs thing is a beliefs thing, I don't believe in using perscription or over the counter drugs to solve things.

Originally posted by alder

The no to drugs thing is a beliefs thing, I don't believe in using perscription or over the counter drugs to solve things.

as did i... but after trying to kill myself several times, and having friends and family disown me, i changed my mind...

Originally posted by Esai

Ive been diagnosed with depression since i was 15, after I 1st got busted the state had me reviewed by a psychiatrist. They put me in a juvenile looney bin prison, and after a few weeks, I had to come back 3 times a week. I was also prescribed several psychotropic drugs (zoloft,prozac,etc) which did nothing but fuck me up worse, and got me addicted to cigarettes. In reality, all I had to do was analyze myself, and pinpoint why I was depressed. It turned out to be low self esteem, and I analyzed where it came from, and how I didnt deserve those emotional scars, and how I was a much better person than I believed. I also learned that I turned to drugs to numb my severe pain inside, and violence to overcompensate for my low self esteem. Doctors are way too quick to prescribe drugs, and too lazy to take some effort into looking at the problems of their patients and its emotional effects. Plus my moms used the situation to become a fucken martyr, rather than looking at her large hand in my screwed up state, so everyone jumped at a quick fix that exonerated themselves from guilt. Try and psychoanalyze yourself, read books on how the brain works, physiological psychology, and how certain experiences in your life may have adversely effected you. Break it down and talk to someone with a positive mindset about it. Many people actually have chemical deficiencies in their brain that cause these problems, but look into all options before taking drugs. They really can fuck you up, in the brain and body. I took that shit for a year, and when I saught help 5 years later as an adult, my doctor merely prescribed me different shit to take. I never even filled my new prescription, rather I opted to analyze my shit, talked it out with several close homies, and developed a positive mindset through self affirmation and reasoning. I might add that weed dont help when youre all up in your hole of despair, but it was a great tool that gave me another viewpoint on my situations while pulling myself out of that whole. Good luck and only take drugs if you have no other option. Peace, and remember it will always get better

i have to say, he's right.

Archived