sometimes your not the best

Giving Tree

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Giving Tree

im a sculpter.. not a painter.

Same here, looks like you made the biggest mistake a sculptor can make....mess with oil, hahaha

I dont even wanna touch that thing, messy, smelly, hard to dry..and known for destroying peoples ego's:D

Seriously though, the basic problem with oils is the fact that it blends like a bitch...thats the magic at the same time..like all things practice makes perfect...or better...and after you master the blending say goodbye to acrylics and other stuff.

...i still wont mess with it....Steve..funny shit there,

i love oils, i used to hate them becuase they took so long to dry. i started out with acrylics which take less time to dry but allow you to get the mixing thing down, before getting into the oils. i used to have a terrible time with them too. there are solutions you can add to oils to make them dry faster too, so it is easier to work with. (i forgot the name)

i love oils for the texture they can offer. so nice thick and smooth, great for texture and color richness.

once you get used to them, it'll be hard to go back to another paint.

Archived