Andre The Giant Has A Posse (OBEY)

Guest SaddamInsane

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is that that ALIEN INVADER or something like that who does those tile stuff too? yea he does have mad ups to but im more than confident OBEY still tops um, everywhere ive went ive seen OBEY stuff. and on preety much every graff site that has bombing yuoll catch some OBEY stuff in the background.

Originally posted by Mr. Peanut

seeing obey stickers and shirts in high school pretty much ends it for me.

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

But regardless that is part of his whole "phenomonology" thang: To get kids from bumfucknowheresville who have no idea what graffiti (or "street art" :rolleyes: ) is wearing your shit is quite an accomplishment. I think people need to stop looking at it as necessarily only graffiti, but also as a business.

Guest crack is wack

its mainstream graffiti i wish cats wore shirts with my name on them, i bet he egts a kick out of those idiots buying obey shirts and jnco pants i would too. fact is the man is WORLD WIDE. can you say that..?

MORE MILITERRY LESS SKOOLS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by freezedried

THIS DUDE SUCKSSSSSS AND BIT EVERY SINGLE THING HE EVERY FUCKING DID!

SO BY WRITING GRAFFITI YOU ARE'NT BITING LETTERS? NOT TO MENTION BITING THE MEDIUM (SPRAYPAINT/MARKERS/BUCKET PAINT/ETCHBATH/SCRATCH TAGS)? SO THIS GUY PUTING UP A FACE WITH VARIOUS QUOTES (USUALLY ILLEGALLY) ISN'T "GRAFFITI" BUT SITTING INFRONT OF A LEAGAL WALL ALL DAY WAVING AT THE COPS AS THEY DRIVE BY AND "BITING" THE SAME STYLE AS A MILLION OTHER HEADS WHILE BITING LETERS OF THE ALPHABET IS "GRAFFITI"? NOW I'M CONFUSED.

GRAFFITI /GRUH-FEE-TI/ N. UNAUTHORIZED WRITING OR DRAWINGS ON A SURFACE IN A PUBLIC PLACE.

Originally posted by freezedried

THIS DUDE SUCKSSSSSS AND BIT EVERY SINGLE THING HE EVERY FUCKING DID!

Your a big ass HATER. That guy that did the Marilyn Monroe faces just inspired Giant, the same way every graffitti writer ever was inspired by someone else. U fucking hater, ur lame, respect ur elders.

Originally posted by FACE WON

idiots.....you kids go ahead and give him money and do his dirty work,that dudes a poser, and stop calling it art there is nothing artistic about it.now Ron English is a whole differnt story,um you might even say it was art and not some crappy poster...but what do i know im not sixteen and stupid!!

it is an artform...it may not be graffiti in your def. or whatever, but there is a large creative side to it. Creating a brand and brand loyalty is a difficult task. If anyone thinks they can do it, go for it, youll see how hard it is to maintain the curiosity of the public. That said, I'm a little tired of it, and the only Obey gear i really like are some of the hats he's got goin. But I truly respect the fact that he had the knowledge and drive to create something of a phenomenon. Truly anything that becomes popular in the least will have it's adversaries fighting back, and many of those adversaries start out as supporters.

Archived