Phone again .oOoo.

stract

no boubt that he has more talent then me, alot more... but that doesnt mean every peice he does has to be good, and 2 of them werent good, and 1 had a shitty color scheme, am i lying by saying that? like i stated before , you dont have to be able to paint to recognize good/good art when you see it...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by stract

no boubt that he has more talent then me, alot more... but that doesnt mean every peice he does has to be good, and 2 of them werent good, and 1 had a shitty color scheme, am i lying by saying that? like i stated before , you dont have to be able to paint to recognize good/good art when you see it...

first of all that color scheme is nice you just havent grasped the whole thing yet i mean look at your fill its on paper and it sucks and whats that white blob in the middle? dont say you will battle him because this isnt gang crap you idiot this dude has put in way more time than you and deserves his name, you think your hot shit post some shit youve painted cause i know for a fact its 10X worse than your SHIT on paper.. now stop making yourself look dumb

Guest imported_El Mamerro

You guys are being a bunch of dicks, and you know what he's saying is right... you don't have to be a great writer to have an opinion on another piece. If he doesn't like them, too fucking bad, but he has every right to not like it. And he states clearly that he knows this guy is much better than him, but admitting someone has more skill than you doesn't bind you to automatically have to like everything that person does. Just shut the fuck up and unless you wanna say something worthwhile to the kid.

As for you, stract, yeah, it's pretty crappy, but I honestly see some worth in it, like that wacky-ass "P". Your imagination is in the right place, all you need now is getting the technical stuff down pat. I also applaud your staying calm when all these idiots said so much dumb shit, usually people freak the fuck out and start insulting all over the place. Keep practicing. Beer,

El Mamerro

not to mention 5 holes in the O,

LMAO err that's called style, something that you are lacking. No offence, but you seem to have a pretty fucking shitty taste in art if you don't like what Phone is doing, but since I'm a nice person, I'll try and help.

1. When anyone writing better than you shares your name, it's time to change name. You can claim Phone once you write better than him.

2. Don't listen to the calls for you to quit. Not everyone is born with writing talent, just practice and learn from other people.

3. Dissing a writer who is a lot more talented than you at this stage ain't gonna aim you any goodwill.

4. As for your stuff: first, get some better tools to work with. Anyone might have the most dope shit around, but if they're using bleedy markers and fucked up cans it won't look good. Get decent markers that can shade smoothly and a slightly more precise black.

Second: I don't feel your letter style at all, although that is personal taste. If you're hooked on that style and refuse to rethink, then all that I can say is to clean your lines up a lot. If you have a straight line, -make it straight-. If you have a curve, make it smooth. All this blobby shit around your letters really takes away from it. Same goes for the shadows, they need to be more precise.

Third: be very careful when using white in your sketches. White can look good on a dark background, but when you have a huge patch of white in a sketch with a white paper background, it just looks like you couldn't be bothered to even colour that part in. Just sit down and think about your colours a lot more before starting.

Fourth: your outlines. In my opinion, outlines shouldn't be too thick nor too thin. Yours are way too thin. Fix dat.

Yeah, maybe after a couple of years and some actual painting you might be able to eat Phone... but we'll wait till that happens.

-Spike

well the colors in mine didnt show up on the pic online becuase of my flash, its not white at all, its a blue in a blue, lite blue on a dark blue...but the flash makes it appear white wich loses some taste...but ill use some advice you gave me and clean up the style then post again, maybe some respectful writters will lend there advice instead of snobby stuck up bitches, but each to his own, im not dissin any of you who posted... as for my name, i dont claim phone at all, i dont claim any name, but i am expirimenting with letters and i like the flow of PH1, it works nice...i just need to tune up alot

plus smoke a few bowls..but you know how that goes

Originally posted by shitonastick

ahhaha....man,for real...that shit sucks...i normally play nice and all,but foo,that shit look like some junky tag....damn foo',throw that shit away,and ur needles...and start ova....

Good Luck next time tough....

or you could not waste time dissing someones stuff and learn to speak english... then again... you're probably tracing his letters right now because your's are just as bad. haha.

x oh!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

He said he didn't like the color scheme on the first, and I have to agree. I don't like it either, I hate rasta colors and I think they're unimaginatively applied on that train to boot. The other ones kill shit though. Beer,

El Mamerro

you do not have to be able to write good to be able to recognize good peices, i mean come on, ( 2nd peice) pink, red , yellow , blue and white color scheme with arrows and dots all over, not to mention 5 holes in the O, that is not a quality peice rite there. i am fond of the 3rd one however, and the 1st...those ones are good....but seriously, that guy isnt a king, so i am not tripping over writting wat i chose, talk your shit all you want...it doesnt matter, that guy isnt bad at all, dont get me wrong, but he isnt the greatest. he is far better then me, i give him that...but skill comes with time and soon enough i will battle for my name.

yo man seriously, keep writing, but even if phone was not good (which he is, he is very very good) you are not in any position to cut any of his shit, because, not to be an asshole, but it burns your shit.

Just take the advice people here have given you, start out simple, dont be afraid to bite just as long as you keep it in you sketchbook (remember: in YOUR sketchbook) and dont bite and put it on a wall.

I really dont mean to sound like an asshole, and I am not trying to. Keep writing and come back with something that you took a long time on (longer than ten minutes).

But remember a couple of things that I wish I was told when I was starting out: No matter how dope you are at sketching, a spray paint can is nothing like a pen. My boy is RI is a dope motherfucking sketcher, his shit in his blackbook rocks so hard, so I decided to take him oput painting with me, and his shit stunk. It was soooooo bad and he knew it.

Also with graff you wont have the same amount of time to do illegal shit as you will in your sketchbook.

So work and work and work on simple shit developin your style, and go out and paint, paint, paint. People like Daim, Saber, Revok or even Phone were not born with talent. Even the biggest kings started out as toys, they just probably wont like to admit it.

Every adult was a baby at one point.

Keep that in mind and keep your head up. No matter how good you get people will still hate you, but keep writing no matter how many assholes think your shit sucks.

Not to say that I am especially good at graffiti, but I definetly have gotten much better. I mean shit I was just looking through my first sketches and they were soo baddd....

dont catch me wrong, i am not going to battle, i know the original phone has alot of talent, i dont even compare to him... but until i posted one sketch a week ago, i had no idea on this earth that someone had chosen that name, i dont jock...but i liked the way the letters flowed and i thought the name was acttaully orignal, you gotta rember, im not like you guys...i do not know all the names yet..and i respect phone for his talent, but dont accuse me of taken someones name, shit i havent even sprayed it anywhere and all you fools are trippin over 1 phone sketch i did on a peice of notebook paper that is in my notebook, come on now...plus..i wasnt even using it as Phone, it is P H 1, and the trick is that it likes like phone so no one knows that it stands for when it stands for pot head, but i see it is taken now, so ill once again get back to my imagintaion and think of an orignal name... i am thinking of Lazy , or is that taken too?

numbers work fine in sketches if you have ever seen subway art theres a dondi sketch he wrote "2many" and its fuckin hot just dont write phone even if it is ph one it looks just like phone, dont write lazy thats some shit every writes its like how every thug kid and their mom is "krazie" or "smokey" or "dopey" just find letters you like... even if it isnt prenounceable it doesnt matter when i started writing grom i didnt know how to fuckin say it i just liked the letters and i figured out how to say it later

i know i am not in a postion to talk crap, i am not doing this by this post, but i persoanlly think pics 2 and 4 arent very good and the color scheme on number 1 isnt great either, i like the 3rd picture alot though. ive seen alot better on this site then wat this guy is hitting up, and i know with some practice, pateince and a few bowls, i will be able to claim this name. no dick riding though, my name is P H 1 , spelt out it is P H ONE, P H stands for pot head, cuase thats wat people call me, i dont jock peoples style, and if after a few months or so, i cant hang with the style, ill be sure to change and let that guy get the respect he deserves, but as of now... i am gearing up to compete.

i just have motivation now to really practice

ah ha ha ha ha ha...this is so fucking funny........oh my fucking god..

if you only knew kid, if you only knew..

yo kid, no matter what you do, if you go and post a sketch of something of yours, someone will bust on you no matter how good it looks to you....fuckkk it, thats the graff game ya know...? any way keep practicing dont let anyone tell you that you cant write, pick a few words and study em up, if no one has em then stick to it then you will be set. peace, time for me to go back to work....

im not saying to quit writing, you have to learn to crawl before you can walk....

but pick a different name. even if you do get to the point where youre better than phone, hes still been writing a LOT longer than you. he has earned the respect due to his name. years of hard work went into it.

look around on the internet, im sure someones posted some ph1 pieces hes done too.

does considering it was a qucik ten minute throw up make any differnce?.. i know it doesnt, but i do have a cleaner style when i take time.

1. A throw up should take less than a minute, 30 seconds or so if you are really good.

2. It took you ten minutes to do that???

• 7 months later...

less talk more flikx..it's obvious he didn't know someone already wrote phone..just change your name ..save your self the drama..all tho the name you choose to switch to will prolly be taken too..good luck..no real advise here i just wanna see some flikx..:king:

woooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaah!!!!

pastor doobad!!!! man if it aint worth looking at, if its only gonna attract bullshit chit chatter.....why bring it back from its grave??? i hope no one posts after this one~~~~~~~i came in here thinkin that theres gonna be something new and baaaaaam! nothing~!

Archived