Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats wrong with the history of US graff?

Anyhow, Topgun. You got a nice little collection going on there.

Nothing wrong. Maybe he collect Krylons and Rustos cause they are the most popular cans that you see in Style Wars or Spraycan Art...

I have a lot of Sparvars/Spraycolors, i've posted them some pages back...But they are not on my shelves.

I would really like to make a big wall with all my cans side to side, but it will takes something like 30 feet tall and 60 feet wide...

Nothing wrong. Maybe he collect Krylons and Rustos cause they are the most popular cans that you see in Style Wars or Spraycan Art...

I have a lot of Sparvars/Spraycolors, i've posted them some pages back...But they are not on my shelves.

I would really like to make a big wall with all my cans side to side, but it will takes something like 30 feet tall and 60 feet wide...

Why not just wrap around a room. So its all cans top to bottom end to end, 4 walls filled would be cool in a empty room.

Here it is:

DSC01482.jpg

That was some good paint, nice colors. I got like 20 boxes of them for 1€/can, and i've sold them...I should have keep them!

I'll take some closer shots of some cans tomorrow. But you can check a lot of them on fotolog.net/joedigger or flickr(joedigger too)

how strange i thought this was a forum dedicated to the celebration and enjoyment of collecting vintage cans ,i choose to collect US vintage cans and that has what to do with you knockers ?,i buy on ebay or through other collectors so what ,i doubt every canyou have bought come from mom and pops old hardware store ,i would love to go diggin and finding old stocks of cans ,i am not in a position to go for days on end searching out cans i do other things such as look after my kids and run a company ,remember its about the cans so do,nt dig me out and the way i get my collection PEACE EVERYONE

I don't really collect vinyls, i just buy what i like, mainly hip-hop and funk...and i've heritate my grand-father's and father's collection...Lot of Jazz, Glenn Miller and stuff, Soul, Funk, King Curtis, Sam & Dave, french 60's and 70's, Rock, Black Sabbath...

I just dig the old US cans more ,love the design ,if i had the time i would go looking for cans but no chance ,2 kids under 7 ,off subject slighty but collecting is in the blood i have about 5000 vinyl records soul funk early 80,s hip hop and electro ,detroit house from 86 ,when i was younger every day was spent diggin for vinyl

wow the last 2 pages where pretty intense

collecting spray paint (even tho i pretty much fell off of interest) is a lot different today than it was 10 years ago. theirs hardly any ''ma and pop'' shops around anymore and with the ''popular'' interest in old paint, hunting for cans is pretty slim to none, a lot of die heart collectors use the internet and online auctions to seek out missing additions to there prized collection i don't see anything wrong with that? i don't care if you live on mars...

people over seas should be trading and selling with people in America each side can get things they cant normally get unless the travel well over seas. i can easily picture myself trading dubbles for some old euro paint.

This sorta reminds me of ''art glass'' before you could go to tag sales or estate sales and get something cheap that someone might not know much about, but today that is also very slim to none with tv shows like antique road show EVERY one thinks there old junk is worth a fortune.

and leaves collectors also going to action houses ect to look for finds...and with the internet it only makes collecting more easier with being able to meet other collectors and online auction sites / stores. cant blame it on the collectors its just the times and technology.

I remember reading an old story of a man going to houses and knocking on doors and asking people if they had any glass shades they might wanna get rid of and he got luckly alot of old houses with furnishings where left with 1900 gold mines and to the new house owners it was just ugly old junk. this idea lead me to go around and also knock on doors and ask ppl for old paint in there basement or garage and got alot of cool finds! and always free, that was cute back when i was a teenager but today in my late 20's that shit wouldn't fly high.

i always have art dealers come over if im selling or buying a piece of glass and they are always like WTF is up with the old spray paint, they have no idea theirs a market for it.

give it 5 more years and you will find very rare cans at high end auction houses im calling it now.

some of you may not like my method of collecting but i still need a wet look purple ans d wet paint green nd purple ,i am willing to pay top money or trade some nice cans ,i have double wet look groovy green and and out of sight orange and wet paint black is beautiful ,mad about pink and wild child blue also lots of 68 krylon including mint green ,aqua turquoise ,baby blue ,jungle green ,all the primo colours ,let me know on a pm cheers nick

give it 5 more years and you will find very rare cans at high end auction houses im calling it now.

Cans were featured in the Guernsey's auction 11yrs ago but I will agree that cans and other "tools" will be making their ways into auctions in the future but it won't take 5yrs. I know for a FACT there will be some in at least one big auction next year possibly 2. ;)

The wet paint purple is not an easy one to find. That is also the only one I have been looking for too...Wet looks are rare all around to find in just about any color.

The Purple Wet Paint is a super hard one for sure. I got mine early on because I traded a couple other colors to Danny Boy from House of Pain for it back in like 2002 and I've never had the chance to get another one so I'm glad i got that one or I'd be looking for it too but thankfully I have the whole set. I'd say the Yellow is the second hardest color in the set.

And while we are on the subject how about these...

wetlookpints.jpg

Those are fresh!!!! I have never seen those before... I have some of the Wet Paint bucket ones but never seen the Wet Looks. Nice one Dave...

I have cans from europe and japan... I don't think it's a big deal on where the cans come from if you collect the cans you do. If Nick wants US cans more power to him. Lets face it we are collecting krylon grenade cans, 63 krylons, big face red devils, big face rustos... we never used any of those, we never were going to the stores and racking those, those were pre graffiti cans so in reality that is the same thing Nick is doing. He likes US cans and is more then likely paying homage to graffiti's origin which is no different then someone in Europe buying a canvas from Seen, Quik, Jon One, Lee and so on...

Archived