FOR KEMA....

drake mallard

no worries beard...thanks for the kindness all...

i'll point out my letters soon...sorry i like to make it difficult.

dusty my man, i was sad u werent there brotha...but i knew u had to do some damage control. i did the same this weekend.

anyhow...hate monger, if u wanna tell me who u are we can address ur issues with my work... otherwise, stop making so much noise when u prop ur ladder up to my bedroom window...

peace

ocean

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by hate monger:

I agree, HOLY SHIT! How can someone bite that fucking hard and then stand there accepting the praises as if they actually accomplished something? legal eagle, style biting sucker.

whick one is biting, and who are they biting?.. if your going to make that kind of a complement, make an example. other wise its just background noise.

Guest hate monger

Who I am doesnt matter. I'm a disgruntled viewer that has sat here watching you cyber stamp lick and take all the credit for a style that is 100% stolen. It would be one thing if you were somewhat humble about it, but I know that not to be the case. You've somehow managed to get a big head because a bunch of morons on the internet buy into this 'it's abstract so its cool' bullshit. Without Bob Hope and Kema you would have nothing.

Originally posted by evileats:

I just honestly want to know where the letters are. I like it, its cool, I respect it, but I cant find the letters. good job nonetheless, but WHERE ARE THE LETTERS?!??!

id be interested in seeing oceans letters too. im pretty confident in mine, and they are posted up for your dismantling.

Guest Can you sign my book???

Whats that common line, if I dont like it, I dont like, it dont mean that Im hating...I understand the concept of abstract lettering, Im an art school fag, probably like the rest of you, but I cant help but feel, when you lose the letters, you lose the concept of graffiti...I dont know if this applies to you, but I am a firm believer in the notion that you need to know the rules before you break them...Ill use NACE rip, as an example of that school of thought...The transgression of perfecting what we know as style, then tottaly abandoning it, and going to outer space with it...KNOWHATIMSAYIN???Anyways, i feel like Im in a critique right now...Peace...

Guest Rivers Cuomo

holy god. the colors...that K...wow. oh and drake, for how long you've been painting, it makes me sick.

[This message has been edited by Rivers Cuomo (edited 09-19-2001).]

allright. hate monger i just a nice convorsation with you about this so lets get public opinion...KEMA, is OCEAN biting you?..

BOB HOPE is OCEAN biting you.

since that is a flick of a kema piece and an ocean piece smack next to each other, we can naturaly see that there are two different pieces there. two different styles. no one is comming on here making the mistake that kema did oceans piece. could he have gotten some influence?. sure. is that horrible?.. nope.

as for bob hope. , yeah the image is closer, but you will find bobhope has a more organic style, reminiscient of HUSH even.

and as far as i know bob and ocean are good buds..so in that respect they may be similar.

does anyone acuse per of biting ces?..

me biting vault?.. grey biting geso?

no. they all have similar styles and they may even swap ideas. but two different things.

see i think people are sometimes out here looking ofr fault way too much just because you dont like the person or thier attitude. and alot of that attitude is judged by peoples posts. hate monger, you of all people should know that that isnt an acurate representation of people.

anyone else..???bring it on. im in a bad mood. im down to fight.

------------------

"what builds my feelings are the stones from which you built a barrier between me and you...."

[This message has been edited by MUNE (edited 09-19-2001).]

okay, now that i see ocean's explanation of the letters i've come to the conclusion that he is biting neither kema or bob hopey. and i don't want to play mr.asshole like everyone already thinks i am...but the difference between these guys is in the letters. bob hope has solid letters in his pieces. kema has solid letters in his pieces. ocean does not have as solid letters, i'm sorry. that piece appears as though it was constructed for an overall appearance and shape rather that to read his name with style. it's sort of like the difference between something that looks pretty and something that looks pretty AND has substance. don't get me wrong, ocean. it's definitely rad...it's just that letters CAN'T be overlooked. i wish i come up with let alone do a lot of details like the ones in that piece. so an influence, yes. an influence in shape and texture. biting? not yet. because there's nothing even remotely similar in those letters.

i'll butt out now before i become the hater.

i think that shit is fresh as beans.

...honestly.. isnt everyone a damn style biter? and. i cant seem to understand.. how he would be biting me or kema.. considering we are all friends.. and appreciate and respect each other..

i dont feel like getting into some whole thing about influence vs. biting.. especially to someone .. i dont know.. or care to prove something to.. but.. ocean has my approval.. yeah his letters arent amazing.. but.. shit.. my letters sucked 2 years ago too because i could careless about them.. and just like painting pretty weird shit... it took me a long time to integrate the two together at all... and.. i dont even know if i like it..

..but anyways.. my new stuff doesnt look much like this or my old stuff.

which.. for intents in purposes is good..so quit bitching.. give the man credit for try.. and .. growing..

not sticking to some narrow minded a2m. fx. dot com.. att.. world of graffiti.

..man...sheesh.. get over it.. while getting over..

love to both of you all.

jealous ones envy. bhopeske.

Holy Christ 0cean, I mean, seriously, Holy Christ! Kema, Kema my man!

Heh-heh-heh, that stuff is frickin incredible, I'm far to hungry and tired to be any more articulate, but thats some really wonderful stuff.

Guest Pilau Hands

That K is fresher than baby wipes and powder. I couldn't find the A but there it is...

Ocean's turn. You bundle of sticks. I bet you don't even do letters, just circles and bunnies and poopoo. You are not man. I am a manly. I make myself big by making you small. You are tiny man.

Freudian Undergarments.

Guest Pilau Hands

Ocean uses letters as spaces to put color and shapes. He constructs a piece for the overall effect of the piece, and not it's individual parts. Looking at Kema's and looking at his, both pieces look like weird walking aliens (something which they acknowledged and enjoyed while painting). The two styles are different...but further than that, the two approaches are completely different.

After talking with Kema a long time about style, he expressed something a lot of people out there probably go by. After a while, it's less about the name and the meaning, and more about the letters, and shapes, and how to manipulate them.

Ocean's not a stylistic name writing graffiti guy. His pieces approach the overall effect rather than the sum of it's parts (letters). This doesn't jive with a lot of people because as I said somewhere before, everyone's too fucking busy guarding their crown of shit. In the grand scheme of things, no one is ever going to give a fuck how many times we write our names. So what do we do? What we've always done...construct a subculture where we can be understood, and judged.

Ocean's the kid who eats worms, and he's playing in your sandbox. And a few of you fuckers haven't stopped to think, "Hmmm worms could be tasty. Maybe they're high in protein and fiber. Maybe there's a reason he does what he does."

Yes I will stick up for him because he is my partner. Furthermore, I think he's a talented, humble guy who likes to talk shit. This isn't real folks. Have a conversation face to face with people before you judge them either way.

Upon my liar's chair,

Freud

evolution . itd . onethousandwords

wow..Im sad..I cant just hover craft to the other side of the continent for the day..and join in next time..good looking out guys..I can see the happiness..bursting from those colors..

and hate monger..your obviously someone who changed your screen name to try and make him feel bad..or add rude comments....whats the point....

"Ocean's the kid who eats worms, and he's playing in your sandbox. And a few of you fuckers haven't stopped to think, "Hmmm worms could be tasty. Maybe they're high in protein and fiber. Maybe there's a reason he does what he does."

...pilau youre alrite man....

"when you lose the letters, you lose the concept of graffiti..."

...os gemeos....

just a thought...but isnt graf an abstraction of the alphabet to begin with...r

Archived