cracked's "minifesto"

Cracked Ass

Hot Damn!

It's always good to see an intelligent thread!:king:

That was a fucking lovely minifesto. However I'm rather distressed you tied it off at the end there with an existentialism that is not so different from KaBar's.

Jah however felt that and naturally wrote a polemic to that. Good balance there.

However I am an idealist. And not even by choice. I believe in divine purpose. I believe life has meaning. I believe that all religions are based on morality for a reason. If you need motivation.... what I always do is remember that some giant cosmic being is the one that stuck me in this fucking human shell in the first place. So I gotta figure out what the fuck this demiurge wants me to do. It's not easy. I try to make a connection w/ the divine and people fucking trip. It sucks being the wise man.

Mental retardation IS THE ULTIMATE HIGH! For those dream chasers. I'm not recommending though. DUH! :crazy:

If only people knew! I Luv Roo is righteous though. You've got to consider the impact of your actions. Even doing small things locally helps. If you could inspire others to propagate this we could actually experience this critical mass enlightenment (see: http://www.deoxy.org goto section omega then critical mass enlightenment.) and finally enter the golden age of aquarius or whatever. It is possible. Sure the worlds against us.... but hasn't it always been that way? Look at Jesus now. Look at Buddah now.... They had to deal with the same shit.

Take heart peoples....

peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

...only to arrive at the conclusion we all should arrive at: he can only know himself.

people are all exactly the same. some choose to react differently to different situations, and the manifestations may differ acording to geography, but at the base root level, we all have the exact same needs, desires and insecurities, be it in uganda or arkansas.

so, some might say that to understand oneself is to understand all of mankind.

seeks/playing amongst peacocks

Guest beardo

dude.. fr8oh.. whats up this weekend? yeehaw is in town (see WATERFEST thread) you going? you got room? freights sound good.. HOLLA LIKE WOA!

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

"...people are all the same." whoa now, slow down a little bit bucko. don't any of you realize that the way you think is directly related to your inability to operate in traditional society? lemme hear you try to prove that one sport.

A, you dont know how i think.

B, you dont know how i relate to traditional scoiety.

C, get off your pedastil and quit portraying yourself as some mountain sage sent here to teach us lowely imbaciles about humanity.

you've countered both cracked and I claiming we (to verying degrees) were wrong, yet in neither post did you give a single bit of reasoning or rational to back that up. you spit tired cliches, assumptious insluts and and bragged about your supposid knowledge of self. no offense there 'bucko', but respect given as it's deserved.

now for the first science and anthropology lesson:

would you differentiate one toad from all of 'toad kind'? would you say,

"that toad is an individual, who is subject to a different set of natural laws than all the rest of the toads in the universe"? i doubt it.

just because people have the (seldom used) ability to reason, does not free us from the chain of life. every single person on this earth is trying to make it another day, find some level of (whatever they deem to be) 'happiness', and feel 'safe' in whichever context they chose. since that is the base on which all human life is built, yes, that makes us 'all the same'.

Originally posted by seeking

now for the first science and anthropology lesson:

would you differentiate one toad from all of 'toad kind'? would you say,

"that toad is an individual, who is subject to a different set of natural laws than all the rest of the toads in the universe"?

certainly I would classify "Toad kind"... if one toad hops around all day stalking flys and another uses 2 leaves and a secretion to attract flies, that's an obvious anthropological difference. Some toads you lick just taste funny, others make you feel funny... everything is subject to the circle of life so using it as a justification for anything is pretty moot... I'm sure we're all looking for the toad that defies gravity but, 'physical laws' are pretty restricting, even rocks and the ocean must obey... what I'm saying is, anything is possible if you paint with a wide enough brush.

even the US govt. using a truck bomb on the pentagon to further enrage the American public after a "sneak attack".

got blunt?

A razor incision on the double layer wrap of a swisher sweet provides a clean begining for any succesfull blunt. Adequate pressure on both sides permits a clean split as well. Furthermore, Qaulity filling is a requirment.

After the ritual of filling and smoking of a empty shell, one may veiw things slightly different. One effect may be, that you focus on everything around you. Its all good.

Besides that, blunt fillings are good for tons of other stuff. You would be suprised.

seeking, you are a cocky prick. thinking you are better than someone else will get you nowhere. that is the difference between us. you think I'm on a pedastal, when in fact I'm lying in the mud with the rest of the blue-collar Americans licking our wounds. one day, I hope, you will take your own advice.

what do you mean I know nothing about the way you think? I know you think writing on other peoples' property is acceptable and I know you spend a lot of time moderating a graffiti message board. I think that just those two things uncover alot about how a person relates to the real world and what they find important.

I think your subjectivity is shocking. you make one of these 'holier than thou' posts and then get pissed when someone else makes one too. you've got no room to talk about sounding preachy.

jesus, man. did I somehow get to personal? where's all this ego coming from, bucko? I plain and simply disagree, that is all. I can't believe I'm even bothering with this.

Originally posted by seeking

people are all exactly the same. some choose to react differently to different situations, and the manifestations may differ acording to geography, but at the base root level, we all have the exact same needs, desires and insecurities, be it in uganda or arkansas.

so, some might say that to understand oneself is to understand all of mankind.

i cannot agree with this at all

even people's biological makeups aren't all exactly alike..otherwise, we'd all look the same..

people are as different as their thumbprints, their faces, their brains..

we aren't all looking for "happiness"

unfortunately...even by conveniently broadening the defintion of happiness to be defined by the seeker, i don't feel that i fit in there..what i want is way more complicated than happiness...i am also continuously changing internally..my desires zand goals two years ago aren't the same as they are now..

if we all had the same desires and fears, we'd all like the same drugs..there wouldn't be those trying to be less depressed with cocaine, more motivated by meth, more happy by ecstasy, more sedated by heroin, more out of touch with LSD..

and people in uganda don't give a fuck about any of that..

try reading "a theory of everything"

it links up an incredible amount of scientific and social research and data, and does an impressive job of unifying it, but it doesn't ever suggest we're all the same..

in other words, everything may be linked and every action may have a reaction, but that doesn'tr put us all int the same boat..

^ see, now there is an intelligent reply sans ego. thanks Are2.

I agree with you. especially regarding the interconnectivity of things. we may all need to eat, but we don't all like baseball. although we should.

the example I was thinking of was how we all have completely unique voices. no two people have exactly the same voice (or retinal image, thumbprint, etc.)

I take a lot of things for granted and chalk them up in my mind as "given", but sometimes I need to step outside and realize that not everyone thinks the same either. we all have different things we consider "given".

in my mind the unique-ness of people is one such "given".

yes, we are each a special individual, created by [insert higher power here]

ccooommbayeyaaa my lord, coooommbayeyaaaaaahhh

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I think seeking was referring to more basic, instinctual behaviors (the Id), as he said "root level". All the things you guys mentioned are much higher up on the individual scale. Regardless of who you are, we all fear death, we all want sex, and we all love Lucky Charms.

Don't front like you don't like the L to the Ch, that shit's proven. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I think seeking was referring to more basic, instinctual behaviors (the Id), as he said "root level". All the things you guys mentioned are much higher up on the individual scale. Regardless of who you are, we all fear death, we all want sex, and we all love Lucky Charms.

Don't front like you don't like the L to the Ch, that shit's proven. Beer,

El Mamerro

i'd like to know if the man who stole samatha runnion if he feels that way too..

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/US/07/17/girl.abducted/story.suspect.runnion.jpg'>

I am never going to be the same as this fucking psycho nutjob kidnapper, no matter how many people i kill!!!!

and by the way

the physical differences i am getting at are hardly superficial

i am talking about chemical regulators in the brain

neurotransmitter levels

hormone secretion and regulation

hormone eficcacy and action

neuronal models

cerebral cortex functioning

visual and audio perception

etcetc

Originally posted by Are2

and by the way

the physical differences i am getting at are hardly superficial

i am talking about chemical regulators in the brain

neurotransmitter levels

hormone secretion and regulation

hormone eficcacy and action

neuronal models

cerebral cortex functioning

visual and audio perception

etcetc

Hmmm... those are largely general biological functions. The degree of individual differences between people in those functions is incredibly small when talking about the species as a whole. As a matter of fact, it's what MAKES us a species separate from other animals. If these were so different among people as you say, we'd have much more than just "humans" in our civilization. Beer,

El Mamerro

cracked, i just caught what you wrote about not letting death get you down. thats another aspect of buddhism that i understand to an extent and respect very much. they see death as a part of life, as a closing, as peace. i have not studied the subject enough to say exactly what death implies, but from what i gathered, its almost like the end of chaos and the beginning of peace. a rest! buddhist say that life is a cycle of karma and until you live out your karma, you will be put back on this earth until you reach wisdom or enlightenment. its a very hard concept to believe coming from western culture and being raised to think that birth is the beginning and death is the end and after death is heaven or hell, but i would say its definitely more believable to me than the whole heaven or hell theory. at least when people take it so literally like they do these days. the fact is that heaven and hell are both a part of you and you can open yourself up to either one. in essence, religions are virtually the same. i think the problem with a lot of western religions is that they humanize god to make it understandable for "simple" people. seeing god as a force within you or, or as love, could be confusing to understand for some people. so they give got human qualities. and humans have flaws so they project these flaws onto god and think god is vengeful and discriminatory or whatever. people take the analogies in the bible way too literally. adam and eve (like they had names yeah?) didnt actually pick a forbidden fruit. people just dont understand. they think the world was created in 7 days!?! religions have become ways of regulating peoples actions. the catholic church is a good example. jesus would be ashamed if he knew what was being done in his name. he was an outcast. a criminal that was executed for spiritually healing people who were supposedly condemed. from the stories ive heard from christians he was executed because he was magic and he wouldnt, or couldnt, turn brass into gold or something. the chrisitians and catholics try and claim it was the jews who killed him. and it could of been. im not sure abou that. but id suspect the romans before the jews. jesus was a teacher. he didnt try and force his oppinions on people or tell people how they should live, he offered suggestions and reassured people who were sick and told they were condemed, that they were forgiven for their sins. buddha was similar. he suggested the idea of enlightenment to people and it caught on. he didnt tell people it was this way or that way and they had to be either one or the other. he gave them ideas and told them of a way to reach enlightenmen, or peace. it seems like a trend in american to be susceptible to anything they hear that sounds even the slightest bit desireable or believable, even if its completely idiotic. they dont care to look into things at all. anyway, im sure i had more to write but im dozin off so ill try and remember tomorrow.

later

the roman catholic church was CREATED to maintain order over unruly citizens. religion has always been an illiusion, there is no church vs. state. to me they are the same. leaders soon found out how effective telling someone what "god wants them to do" could be.

I wonder where we would be if our culture conceived government before we conceived of a natural god or divine right.

Jah, I really like a lot of the things you have to say, but I have a hard time reading them because they're always single solid blocks of text. When I'm midway through reading them, it's hard to find out what the next line is, and I get lost and frustrated and stop reading. You should separate stuff into easier to read paragraphs... I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want to enjoy your writing better. Beerm

El Mamerro

Archived