Stenciling 101

FR8 LIFE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the bad thing about x ray paper is that its mostly black so a black marker doesnt work u need white paint pens i have x rays and no white pen hah

You can draw/print onto another piece of paper, secure it to the x ray paper and then cut through em both.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want your stencil to be worth a shit you have to at least know how to draw. The best stencils I've made were ones that I made from scratch. When you take pictures off the internet your just regergitating someone elses work. If your not going to bring anything fresh to the plate, you might as well not even step up.

Sincerely, Doug Funnie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What's up with Stencil Revolution? Haven't been able to get on at all lately :(

supposedly, they got subpeonaed, and they are trying to track and raid all the ip adressess. i doubt it though. it think its a load of bs. hand drawn

attachment.php?attachmentid=53485&stc=1&d=1176587081 darkest of 3 layers.

hey is there anywhere else to get some good acrylic paint besides lowes and home depot?neither of the ones in my town have much,and they're all shitty colors.

i've only done simple stuff like Dont Do It.the hardest stencil i've ever made was a Revolution Mother stencil.came out crappy though

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9336/dscn0215newnx8.jpg

and does anyone have any tips for drawing?i've never been able to draw for shit,and stencil revolution is down.so guess i need to learn to do this shit for myself.any advice,besides die,fuck off,you suck,and get another hobby?

http://home.neb.rr.com/monarchrose/drawa1.htm

http://www.artgraphica.net/free-art-lessons/free-art-lessons.htm

if your in school, take an art class and TRY. Dont half ass your way through telling the teacher you suck. TRY and pay attention. If your teacher is into cartoons(like mine was) and tries to teach you as such, pay attention, but you want to learn to draw from observance, even if you think that you know what something looks like. You can also take an art class at a local community college during summer. You could also find a way to get your hands on supplies. ; ), just dont get too greedy.

You can start out with learning to draw and shade your left hand and wrist(if your right handed)

pm me your progress.

-sk8er6

p.s. what you need acrylic for? if your making shirts, you can get hella colors from walmart for cheap @ 44 cents a pop for 2 oz. if you need large amounts (street/canvas work) you might want to mix your own colors, or use cans(spray cans that is).

ok man but i cant take art for at least a year.ill try to learn from people at school or something.i was told that regular spray paint make then stencil stick to the shirt and it got hard/cracked.had a friend who skated around all day w/ a DC spencil stuck to his shirt.

this is a good guide.

one way to make big ass stencils is to buy a cheap used projector, buy some single sheets of transparent paper and print on or draw on you design. then project it onto a piece of poster board, trace around the places you need to cut with a marker and finally , cut it out.

Archived