when parents make you pay rent...

vinyl junkie

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

i don't know if out of towners know this, but rent in the bay area is rediculous... $500-$600 for a small studio apartment... and i have no money... i think i'm gonna ask if i can live at my work for a while, while i find a full time job and then save for a security deposit... although, so far i have found a couple of places in the area i want to live in saying they have a room for free or very cheap in exchange for a couple of days of childcare a week... but that means i can't get a full time job... but we'll see...

oh, and i'm going to a stupid job fair tomorrow... it's at 9 am, and i have to get up early to copy resumes... ugh...

A small studio apartment is one of my dream homes.

Heh.

You think $500-600 is bad?? About 5 years ago I used to live in an apartment and it was $900-1000 for a two bedroom. They were relatively shitty apartments, too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

whatever kiddies!

the longer you take to grow up... the harder your wakeup call will be.

The standard rent calculator is 1 weeks pay per month.

When I moved out from my Dad's place, I was paying $600 a month.

Granted the place was $2200 a month, but I paid one weeks pay. That's fair.

and honestly guys... Living at home is not a good thing.

Even with very few rules and the run of the house, you've got to be able to do your own thing.

so take a step away from your mommy's tits, and get a job!

You think $500-600 is bad?? About 5 years ago I used to live in an apartment and it was $900-1000 for a two bedroom. They were relatively shitty apartments, too. [/b]

dammmm...$900-1000

what fucking part of houston do u live in....shit..

well i stay with my parents....no rent ...here...(they love me)

but i do help a little.....its not like they ask me for it.....

i help out my moms the most

Guest ceas902

I always threaten my parent when they try to pull shit like that by telling them im going to put them in a home when there older

Originally posted by --zeSto--

whatever kiddies!

the longer you take to grow up... the harder your wakeup call will be.

The standard rent calculator is 1 weeks pay per month.

When I moved out from my Dad's place, I was paying $600 a month.

Granted the place was $2200 a month, but I paid one weeks pay. That's fair.

and honestly guys... Living at home is not a good thing.

Even with very few rules and the run of the house, you've got to be able to do your own thing.

so take a step away from your mommy's tits, and get a job!

I have lived on my own before, and i did fine... I moved back in so i could go to school... now i'm not in school anymore tho... so, yes, i am looking for a job, but i'm not even gonna get started on how nobody's hiring...

------------------------------------------------

on another note, i got a reply from the lady i emailed about her room... Free room, some internet access, shared shower and all that... all i gotta do is take care of her kid twice a week... The family seems cool too... dad's a non-profit lawyer and the mom is the director of a organization helping people with disabilities... seems cool...

I wish i was peter pan ... then id have agood excuse....plus i could fly and paint crazy things in wonder land...and if i was bored id beat the shit outa Captain hook...and get drunk with all his sailors, then id make them revolt and then id have a ship...

"if i move to Junkie town ill be closer to bens mom"-Moi

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

I have lived on my own before, and i did fine... I moved back in so i could go to school... now i'm not in school anymore tho... so, yes, i am looking for a job, but i'm not even gonna get started on how nobody's hiring...

------------------------------------------------

on another note, i got a reply from the lady i emailed about her room... Free room, some internet access, shared shower and all that... all i gotta do is take care of her kid twice a week... The family seems cool too... dad's a non-profit lawyer and the mom is the director of a organization helping people with disabilities... seems cool...

hey, you wanna move in with me?? I can find a job either, and im living with my parents agian..boo. Seriously, we sound like the same people, at least everything happeneing to you right now is going the same way with me....

Guest --zeSto--

I didn't mean to push any buttons.

I'm not taunting anyone for "You live with your Moms!"

but there's a great sence of satisfaction in Living Solo.

Sure you can move into a flop and pay $100 a month,

but it's not worth it.

for example...

6 guys in one house, then 2 girfriends move in.

That's %150 a month rent, but no one could take control and pay

for the utulities. and because...

"living with 2 people doubles the cost of living alone"

they ended up owing over $2000 for hydro, cable and phone in the first 6 months.

and then try telling a flop house crew to pay tripple the rent for one month... whoa!

you're not pushing any buttons at all, i totally understand you... It's just that it's kinda sudden... and i'm totally broke... if this free room doesn't work out i'm very seriously considering asking if i can live at my work while i save up for a security deposit... belive me, i'd rather live on my own, but working enough to pay for a place and going to school at the same time just doesn't work for me... and i was back in school for a while...

oh well... time to cover up the tattoos and go look for a job... wee!

you sound like were in the same position .....im all for moving out , its just that it relly sudden , and i also have no money , plus , goin to school , working enuf to afford rent , and having some social life is very difficlut , and its not gonna be fun for the most part .

time to find a cheap ass place ........

being closer to bens mom would be great .......

Archived