~FIFA~WORLD~CUP~2002~

Guest --zeSto--

Ok, so the day got off to a bad start when we went to the pub to watch it. Not, live, it was the taped one on at 10:30. So we get there and there's this smaller TV next to the big screen TV, which was showing the Paraguay game, so we saw the score of thaht ruining us watching it when we got home. Got to see the penalty, though so that wasn't bad. So anyway this smaller TV is on "Headline Sports", the gay highlights channel which only shows hockey. But today they decide to show the soccer. What do you know, the England score comes up. How fucking retarded is that? I actually didn;t see it, but my dad did, ruining the game for him. But I got to see the Spain score, ruining watching it later for me. So pissed off, you wouldn't believe.....

As for the game, it wasn't anything spectacular. As with many of the games so far, a tale of two halves. Ljungberg was completely out of the game, as was Owen. Unlucky for Mills to make the mistake because he was having a good game. Heskey is wasted on the left, they should move him up front and play Joe Cole on the left. Bring on Argentina......

As for Nigeria, you heard it here first, they will win the World Cup in 2006. So young, yet so talented. Held the Argentinians and only let in a weak goal. There goalie was amazing. Aghahowa, Ogbeche, both still teenagers, and the starting forwards? Their future looks bright. To bad they'll lose to us. At least I hope they do.......

Watching all these games is starting to take it's toll. I'm getting about 6 hours of sleep a night. Still, sacrifices must be made.....

Oh, and Denmark were crap.......:D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Europe

Page 3! Any football fans in here or what?

You were probaly just a little down after yesterdays matches, not the highest standards.

Croatia-Mexico 0-1

Croatia looked very old, not like 4 years ago where they kicked ass. The small mexicans won deservedly, but wont make it far.

Brazil-Turkey 2-1

After the turks shock lead the southamerican artists came storming back in moments showing true excellence. But it took the worst refferee of the Cup so far, to give them a penalty, that should have been a freekick, and the 2-1 victory. Ronaldo hit the first for Brazil and Rivaldo faked it in overtime to give the turks their second red card of the game.

Italy-Ecuador 2-0

Vieri scored twice to give the Italians a comfortable win in a game thet never had any nerve...

love the reports////

yeah the brasil game was funny, that acting job in the end was great as they said on univision rivaldo was goin for the oscar there...!! :) im not sure which games are coming up, im gettin sick of the three different replays on different channels different times and then seeing the fucking score on cnn or something....damn time zone....but keep up the info!

Guest NATO

live and direct from my budweiser wall chart.

China 0 Costa Rica 2

Japan 2 - Belgium 2

South Korea 2 - Poland 0

Not a bad day for the co hosts. Roll on friday.....:D

Guest imported_Europe

Will this get Rivaldo banned tomorrow???

See slideshow here: http://www.eurosport.com/multim/popup/Visu...uAudioVideo.asp

http://www.sportinglife.com/pictures/general/allsportrivaldoacting.jpg'>

http://www.eurosport.com/imgbk/FOOTBL/ALL/MD-I79854.jpg'>

http://www.planetfootball.com/images/playerpics00_01/brazil/rivaldo_con.jpg'>

Rivaldo said: "Obviously I exaggerated the injury for the guy to be sent off.

"The ball hit my hand and my leg.

"It didn't hit me in the face but that kind of attitude must not be allowed on the pitch.

Guest NATO
Originally posted by ink Lunatic

Totti :love2:

He might not be the brightest crayon in the box but hey....

italy are looking pretty good if there last performance is anything to go by.

Originally posted by ink Lunatic

Totti :love2:

He might not be the brightest crayon in the box but hey....

As good as the Italians are ... I hate how they are all a bunch of actors. They get a fucking ankle clipped and they go down like they've been shot, this is especially brutal in the 18 yard box ... I hate all the fucking divers in the game now-a-days ...

Rivaldo? whatta fucking dick...

Dazzle - good call on Nigeria, in my opinion one of the funnest teams to watch right now

BUT GO ENGLAND

Guest Canadiano

yeah, what's up with the diving? I heard that the officials are gonna be pulling out cards over that shit, but I've seen nothing to indicate any anti-diving tactics. Did you see Rivoldi, or whatever his name is, have a soccerball glance slightly off his knee? Buddy went down like he got shot in the stomach. That's the one thing that makes soccer a shitty sport. A Canadian like myself has a hard time understanding diving.

oh and ORANGE ARMY IN 2006!!!

Guest --zeSto--

let me clear something up about the way the game is played.

(I know that most everyone in here understands this... but I've had to explain it often to people)

If a player is triped, but gets right back up and keeps running,

and his team doesn't loose posetion -no penalty will be called

If a player gets tripped and stays down, then possesion is lost - the penalty will be called.

And a freekick is awarded to the team who lost the ball.

So if a player gets tripped... STAY DOWN !

The refs may not have seen the trip, but one of the officials probably did.

(and the cameras did if the match is on TV)

I hate hearing people say

Those players are so dramatic, they didn't even get hurt but they laid on the ground like cry babies.

That's so the dont loose the chance to take a free kick you fools!

(but Rivaldo just fell like a bitch)

Guest imported_Europe

Its perfectly fine to fall and cry when you get hacked, its part of the game.

But you can also overdo it...

And with about 1000 cameras covering your every move, youre gonna get busted for overdoing it...

Like Rivaldo who should be made a textbook example.

Oh you got me all wrong!

Let me clarify... what I meant was when players are going shoulder to shoulder and says player A is a little more aggressive than player B is (but no foul is being committed) and player A falls down suggestively in hopes of winning the free kick.

I know what you mean Zesto, but I think you got me completely wrong..

Dr. Dazzle's Monday/Tuesday wrap up.......

Japan - Belgium was the best game so far. Well, the second half at least. Japan were unlucky not to win it.....

Ecuador put on a good show, Italy was always going to be a tough game. They had great build up play, but just couldn't get the final finish. Classic Italian tactics of 10-man defence to hold on to their lead.....

That Rivaldo shit got me so mad. At least they're saying he could get suspended now. He should be sent home for that shit. I hate Brazil, especially Roberto Carlos. Dude is so fucking cocky, I hope he gets gonned......

And good to see Korea win, even though I got them finishing last in my pool. Poland were terrible, so disappointing after so much hype......

So looking forward to the Portugal game tomorrow. Seriously, the States are gonna get a lesson on why they should stick to their own sports.....

:cool:

the portugal game is definetely one of the ones i was looking most forward to, i think theyll win...2-1, wait arent two of the better US players out?....

2-0 then;) ...

i cant predict for shit..but one thing for sure like dazzle said the US is going to be taken to school cant wait to see figo and company go...:cool:

Guest imported_Europe

Rivaldo only got fined, fuck that!

But he was the first ever to get fined for simulating...

Halfway through Tunesia-Russia, still 0-0

But todays two other games will be very interesting...

Germany-Ireland

and

Portugal-USA

whats up with saudi? yeah i know im to lazy to look it up...but i remember in my old neighborhood in Al Khobar, when those fools won a game, it was wild out time like woah, suburbans driving the wrong way down the street doing donuts, shit was mainy...cant fuck with football fever, us aint got nothing on riled up football fans.

Guest sneak

germany 1 - ireland 1

my boys the irish did remarkably well in the 2nd half

and what a goal:idea:

but man of the match goes tro kahn the german keeper. he was damn good, event ho i hate to admit it

Originally posted by Vlad

Usa 3 - 2 Portugal :confused:

looks like the americans know how to play soccer....

no no no! this was the states freebie... they got lucky that portugal didn't wake up and start playing sooner, because when they did look what happened...

the states barely held onto this win, count your blessings you damn americans.

Americans will think now that they are gonna win the cup. They played well, but Portugal were dire. Never been a fan of Vitor Baia, he was always crap for Barcelona. And why was Nuno Gomes on the bench?? They'll be back, though, folks, just needed a wake up call. And the US still won't make it......

Ireland Germany was a good game, too. I'm just glad the Gerries didn't win....

Only saw the second half of the Russia game, but Tunisia had some good breaks. They could upset someone.....

Just don't get carried away, US of A......

Guest imported_Europe

Aaaargh! What a day!

Denmark-Senegal 1-1

Some might say the danes were lucky to get the draw, but I say they were cheated by the worst ref of the Cup so far, he overlooked Helveg being punched in the face after 5 minutes and Helveg being kicked when the ball was far away after 10 minutes. Plus he denied Tomassons second goal, when its was perfectly OK.

Tomasson scored the first for the danes on penalty, he is second on the topscore-list with 3 goals now.

Senegal put one in and got a player sent off. The heatwave was hard for the danes though, the africans had it much easier.

SaudiArabians-Cameroon 0-1

The arabs are the first team out of the Cup. Cameroon can reach the playoffs but it looks like it will be the Irish and Germany that will advance from this group.

France-Uruguay 0-0

Henry got sent off in the first half and none of the team managed to score at all despite plenty chances. The defending champs looks very shaken now and havent scored in the Cup so far despite having the topscorer from the french, italian and english league in the squad.

Very good game almost unbearable to watch, so exciting.

Ill take my chances already now and say Bye Bye french frogs, to bad you didnt make past the first round...

Tomorrow the most anticapated game of the groups:

England vs Argentina

Guest --zeSto--

oh shit...

Senegal will probably beat Uruguay, giving them 7 points,

which france can not possibly match! The den-sen tie was greatly needed for the frogs!

group E's one to watch !

Archived