discuss amongst yourselves.

Guest Graff Jesus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

does anyone else find it kind of depressing that so far there have been probably FOUR serious comments relating to the picture and the broader issue of israel and palestine? it actually kind of makes me feel sick, like a lot of people really DON'T care about it. maybe that's one of the reasons that americans are so hated around the world, a lot of them have no concept of what is going on outside of north america.

yeah counting by tens is fucking easy , but the actual lengths are retarded milimeters are way to small , decimeters are just useless , i guess im just used to empirical bc in the workshop everything is in inches , feet etc.and 1/16 of an inch makes much more sense than 1.54 milimeters .

i also noticed that duringthe olympics the canadian broadcast was showing athletes height/weight in metric , and it just looked so stupid and i bet most ppl didnt even know what it meant .

for example athlete X was shown 1.89 m , 92 kg . now to me that is just plain confusing . how many of you even know how tall or how heavy that means , yeah i can guess an approximation , but not an exact measure . 6' 1" 190 lbs is far easier to understand . and i bet if someone asks any of you your height/weight , 90% of you will respond in inches and pounds .

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

What really gets me is the Fahrenheit system. Water freezes at 32 degrees? What the hell is up with that??

at least were not going by degrees kelvin or whatever that measurement is.. water freezes at like 270 or something... or boils... something stupid... and zero is absolute.. can't get any colder.. what crackhead fuck thought this up?

well the 'crackhead fuck' was actually a brilliant scientist/mathmatician .

Lord Kelvin , a Scottish physicist and mathematician calculated that molecular motion stops at -273 deg C. He called this temperature absolute zero, the lowest possible temperature. A prodigy in mathematics, Kelvin gained his greatest renown in thermodynamics

Archived