Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

world economic forum,nyc jan31-feb4

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by boxcarwilly, Jan 26, 2002.

1. boxcarwilly

boxcarwilly Senior Member

CALL FOR AN ANTI-CAPITALIST CONVERGENCE AGAINST THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM IN NEW YORK CITY (JANUARY 31- FEBRUARY 4)
    JOIN US AS NEW YORKERS STRIKE BACK AGAINST CORPORATE TERROR

For years now, the CEOs of major corporations, hundreds of top international government officials and just plain rich people - from Bill Gates to Bill Clinton - have been meeting every year in Davos, Switzerland. This is where the real rulers of the world give the politicians their marching orders. This is where the schemes that lead to atrocities like GATT and the WTO are actually hatched. And this year, the dining club for the world ruling class will be held at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in Midtown Manhattan.

The WEF is moving here because they were effectively chased out of Switzerland by a concerted campaign of direct action. They think that here in New York we're shell-shocked, punch-drunk, and maybe we are but - whaddya fuckin' kiddin' me?

This is a provocation. While thousands of New Yorkers are still burying their dead, trying to patch together shattered lives, and desperately trying to see how they can continue to pay insanely high New York City rents after being laid off from their jobs, the richest and most powerful men on earth have decided to come and party on the wreckage - to celebrate, no doubt, the billions of dollars of taxpayer money they've just been handed by their respective governments and explore new opportunities to profiteer from permanent global warfare. Do they think we have no pride? No self-respect? That we're just going to sit back and let this happen?

As our heroic firefighters have shown us, the moratorium on direct action in New York is over.

We are calling for for a joyous, creative resistance to the WEF's stifling grey culture of corporate conformity; actions whose diversity of tactics will reflect the rich diversity of our city's communities. We are calling for actions based on principles of non-hierarchy, passionate opposition to patriarchy, white supremacy, and rule-by-elite, and the vision of a world in which no one has to live in fear or daily terror. We are calling for a world in which states and their wars, the economic violence and insecurity promulgated by their corporate overlords, the hideous legacy of 500 years of colonialism and racism, and the violence and intolerance of every kind of crusader and religious fanatic will finally be banished from this earth.

It's not a pipe dream. Nothing is impossible if we refuse to live in fear.

WOULD YOU CARE TO JOIN US IN A SOCIAL REVOLUTION?

RSVP
    Waldorf Astoria Hotel
    New York City
    January 31-February 4

anticapitalist convergence website.

2. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Guest

whats the alternative to capitalism that you suggest?

3. boxcarwilly

personally i guess i could be considered an anarcho-communalist (not communist) do i think it would ever work in our culture, NO. do i firmly believe that thecapitalist system is overly oppressive not only to workers but to consumers, brainwashing and living wage go hand in hand.

my political thoughtstream is basically what we have doesnt work, MORALLY it kills: children, animals, families, love. so something has to give.

4. imported_MoeLarryCurly

imported_MoeLarryCurly Member

5. boxcarwilly

gotta love the concern.

6. ultraflat

ultraflat Member

thev fucked thing is that the cops are going to be extremely ready to kick ass and initiate mass arrest. they dont want previous riots and destruction to occur in NY. they will be fueled with this urgency to keep ny safe and the cops are going to take it out on us.
    be safe
    motivated group of young people with no unifying plan!
    confusion.

7. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

when i was younger i used to be all about anti-capitalism, but...i dunno man, maybe "the man" has gotten to me but all i think that we need to introduce to our economic structure is socialized medicine and education. ive learned from growing up DIRT POOR... work hard, get what you deserve. ive seen all levels of results from the bottom to the top. im somewhere in the middle.

8. boxcarwilly

this has been thought of discussed plannedout, it is why there is mobilization work shops prior to the forums. nyc is the meccaof globalization and lately destruction... they will be ready but so can we.

9. beardo

beardo Guest

i've got my own little world to worry about first. have at it.

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Junior Member

Hopefully this won't be a bunch of fucking punk-rockers and anarchists making the argument against capitalism look more like teenage angst.

Tell your friends that attend this demonstration to wear suits, bring their parents, and be civil.

11. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

willy, you should be more worried about calling me and going for a bike ride con graffiti. keep it simple

12. boxcarwilly

mybikes coming this weekend either before or after i leave for the city, hopefully... ill be able to go for a ride come tuesday.

13. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

mines pretty fucked right now, so when you're done with yours... have at'er.

14. beardo

beardo Guest

ha, i meant mine as, you guys can 'have at' the WEF, knock youreself out, i'll be over here dealing with my own problems.

15. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

cool, whack my email before hand...