Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

V O N A G E

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mr.yuck, Oct 22, 2005.

1. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Does anybody have this or know of anyone that has this new and ingenius service? Have any of you heard anything bad about it? I know some of yall hear word on the street. Let me know before i do something stupid.

DAYGUM.

Thanks

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

just got one on friday. only made a few calls on it, so i can't really tell you a whole lot about it.

25 bucks a month for nationwide calling and canada. not a bad deal. only thing that bugs me is the disclaimer on their site. they can change shit at any time. it'll get cancelled if that happens.

anyhow, it's very clear reception. works on your plain old house phone (the package has a little linksys router that hooks into your cable modem/dsl...mine goes to my wireless router) kinda slick.

more reviews as time passes.

3. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

4. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

I use it, and have been using it for about 9 months now. It's great. No problems, except when all 3 computers are downloading off bittorrent, which makes it nearly impossible to communicate on the phone until you stop downloading so much at one time.

5. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i'm telling cingular!

6. villain

villain Veteran Member

Nah I'm finna use skype. Since it's based on P2P technology it is infinitely scalable and requires no infrastructure- costs and maintainance, and it even has better clarity. A service like vonage is only as good as it's servers, with skype, the world is your oyster. And on top of all that, the last time I checked, it was FREE and you could call anywhere in the world. I need to hook that shit up quick before they shut it down. I already cut off my cell service in anticipation of doing this shit up.
    Actually, no, my bad, it's not going to get shut down, it's only going to get larger. The problem is that it's gotten so large that it's recently been bought, so the new owners may decide to charge money. Fuck. Let me see if I can find an article.

Here we go:
    http://www.techcentralstation.com/102005A.html

7. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

rupert murdoch is looking to buy a voip company.

8. villain

villain Veteran Member

Someone needs to buy rupert murdoch.

9. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

I got five on it.

Who's tried Google Talk? I installed it, but I haven't tried it yet.

10. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

I'm about to install that joint right now and start calling saudi arabia off the hook!

11. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

whats the deal with skype? they keep asking me to buy outskype credits. I thought it was free!

12. DISTRACT

DISTRACT Member

I've had it for about a year now. I live in australia and the bad thing about it is that when you download heeps of things on the computer eg using Azureus and lime wire and the phone starts breaking up and u get real shit quality that its hard to under stand what people are saying. Other wise its worth saving $2,000+ a year in calls

13. guerillaeye

guerillaeye Senior Member

skypout.. ability to call land-lines like home phones or cells from skype, not just other skype users.

**edit** its only about 2.3 cents a min... way better than 10 cent/min ld on a land line.

14. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

i used skype occassionally.. earlier today i talked to my friend whos travelling in asia.. ..its free computer to computer overseas.. as long as you have mics. theres a fee for calls to landlines..but still wicked cheap.. as for digital lines.. i dont see a point.. i mean you really only need a cellphone.

15. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

bob hope sneaks in for the kill