the world loves to mock me: my life is a festering pile of shit...

SOZER

Alright, im pretty fucking pissed right now and i figured id just share this with everyone for no particular reason.

Okay, let me start off by saying that througout most of the time I've been painting I mainly stuck to walls, I always heard of fr8s and shit but I never really took it seriously, then sometime about a year ago I realized that a wall might get seen by a few people and maybe a writer or two, but a fr8 rolls all over, rarely gets buffed, writers LOOK FOR THEM, and compared to some realms of graf they have potential to be a little less stressful, plus it tends to stray from the "thug element" that i never really found too appealing. I decided that if i was going to try and get into this I would want to find out as much about it as possible, I learned the basic shit that any idiot should know (dont go over numbers, clean up after yourself, dont kill every car in a row, dont kill cars with outlines and throwups, dont hit shit in the area like walls and shit, basic shit...)most of this stuff is common sense so its not hard. I also liked that theres alot of fr8 heads who seem to carry themselves with some sort of intelligence and not merely a "destroy everything" attitude.

However, I live in an extremely shitty area for fr8s (Lawn Gyland...) I have been looking for months now and driven many a mile of track and come to the following simple conclusions: There are no yards here

Fast forward 2 weeks to the other day: By now I've been flicking what cars have been coming through and have been checking this thing out, Today, i go back to see if the box is still there, i roll into the parking lot and what do i see? the ENTIRE FUCKING SIDE OF THE CAR is covered in shitty outlines and tags, ALL OVER, TOP TO BOTTOM, OVER THE NUMBERS, CANS LYING EVERYWHERE, everything! the box was the only thing in there and i was going there with the intention of cleaning the other cans up that i mentioned before, but why bother now? some fucking ASSHOLES blew up my spot, im so fucking pissed right now, why would you do that? if your looking for respect from fr8 heads id think that most would consider these dicks to be idiots for covering a perfectly clean r-box top to bottom with shit outlines, fuck...its just frustrating, i try to do something, and it seems like i might finally be able to do something and shit like this happens...they couldve at least taken the time to do try to do a piece in the time it took them to do a million small pieces of shit...i hate using the term "toy" but this isnt even "toy" its just stupid, im seriously considering going back there, getting the names of the assholes off the train (i didnt even look i just saw it was covered and left) and (if they do have any "ups" around...)going over anything and everything that they will ever do to drive them out of graffiti, i dont want to have to deal with assholes like this at all and i dont think the scene needs them either, but then again i suppose some would tell me that i shouldnt judge, but im just frustrated right now.

sorry to anyone who actually read this shit...

nsk-vc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest THE LAW

Welcome to graffiti...someone beat you to it.

in addition, anywhere near NYC you're not going to find what seems to be the nationwide attitude about longevity of freight spots. people will crush it till it's burnt and move on.

feel free to clean up, but don't try to establish jusrisdiction over the spot...without a doubt, people have been painting there for years and won't take kindly to a new kid who thinks he knows "the right way" to do everything.

i agree partly with the law but not completely. i paint spots that other writers paint at is inevitable in a city. if you are decent if not better that theese "toys" then dont worry. i think it a matter of opinion in this matter. paint that spot. it seems like you have more sense and skill for that matter over theese kids. so i think go back and paint and dont sweat it. fuck em and rock shit and put them in the bench.

i would go clean up all the cans thats one step in just amkeing it a lot safer.

yeah, i think thats what im gonna do, just let that car go, and clean up the area and shit and just keep an eye on it, and maks sure that i dont start seeing any security hanging around or anything. also, theres a wall right there that these kids hit, think i should buff it? or dont bother? im thinking that if i buff this that it might make me look extremely suspicious and thats the only reason im thinking of not doing it, but then again, if its a clean area, theyre less likely to be snooping around there looking for people...i dunno, this is making me sound stupid.

nsk-vc

im with vanity...sometimes you gotta make room

the same protocol on streets applies to freights

PIECES-over-FILLED IN THRO UPS-over-HOLLOWS-over-TAGS

you gotta understand Freight heads are a different breed of writer...i know it sounds arogant as fuck but most here would agree. our aim is to hit the trains only...and be as incognito as possible about it. but then you get these fucken vandals posing as writers who write on everything in there sights. so they take the same careless attitude with them the one or two times they paint a freight...these are the most dangerous type because the dont have a bloody clue...oh well try getting a map of your city or town and follow the trax...theres prolly more trains around than you think

Fr8 kids are a different breed!! Word to that.....

A bunch of fucking crackers who say "word" and shit like that!

Oooops.... blew my cover, dammit!

Honestly, they are much different and if you really want to; which it sure sounds like you do; get more into fr8's as compared to walls and freeways etc. keep your eye open and constantly bench.

Take pictures, study fr8 lines, and shit on the internet. It pays off ten fold.

to say that ive been doing all that stuff would be an understatement, ive studied the lines alot, i take my 2 hour break in school to drive the tracks, it looks alot like this line is the only one that will have shit on it, and even thats not much, i cant even comprehend what an actual benching session is like, but id like to know someday, i have 1 fr8 to look at for a few days and then hopefully a new one will come in a few days later, maybe not though, i see these fr8s coming from east though, so there must be some kind of better layups out there, and its the sticks so there probably wont be many people and hopefully there'll be some layups in the woods or something. ive got alot of work ahead of me, but im doing this shit.

nsk-vc

Couple points:

I'd clean the place up, and go right over any hollows or tags, especially if they were done by fools who left their cans. Unless the names were some big boys, which I doubt based on your description.

I'd go back and edit out the details in your first post. Anyone who knows a little about freights can find your spot based on your description. Keep a tighter mouth online, for your own safety.

I don't know your area in detail, but I do know it's not a primo freight area, the most you're going to find is a few scattered layups, all the yards will be in the city. Of course a couple of layups in rotation, a few times a week, is really all you need to start building a presence on steel, unless you're only hitting the same dumb locals over and over. (Although, crushing any line of wheeled steel things that go into NY and back is a noble endeavor, IMO.)

That close to the apple you're going to run into people with the "bomb everything" mentality, so just deal with it if you don't feel like moving to a more freight-oriented location. Be the spot janitor, go over any toy or no-effort crap, and do your homework and keep up good habits even if you're the only one who does.

yeah, as i said before, i know that the only yards will be in the city area, and i know that none of these kids are any bigwigs. also, i dont think these are local, someone correct me if im wrong, but they dont typically have golden west or missouri state fr8s running short back and forths between long island and upstate ny, or r-box for that matter, that just wouldnt sound right. however, they do stop in nyc somewhere, that much is evident by the amount of desa throws on them...and i think id prefer layups anyway, im not out to hit 300 fr8s in a year, i just wanna do my small part and satisfy myself, im looking for other layups out east in the sticks though i think, i figure if i can find some shit in a wooded area i'll be set for a bit and find a few spots so i can have some sort of rotation thing down.

cracked, what do you write? im assuming that your from the island. email me or something if you dont wanna get into that shit here....

aim: sxetek123

nsk-vc

Archived